Aston Villa Protest Group

MikeMcKenna

On 17/04/2016 at 14:36, MikeMcKenna said:

Mark, Obviously we have had this debate before and still don't agree. Despite everything I believe that we have no option but to 'scream and shout' about Lerner as everything else is incidental. imho the new set up is no different in essence to the old. Hollis may have fired Fox, Almstadt et al and appointed a so called 'football board' but Lerner (and Krulak) still pull all the strings.

The action that the club have taken to date apart from reducing costs amount in reality to sweet FA. Bernstein and Little are powerless and will end being the next scapegoats. We are now staring into the abyss and Imo it is going to get worse. Eventually they will find a new manager who will agree to work within the set constraints ala McLeish, Lambert  without sufficient backing and we will continue to decline. 

As I said yesterday and have been saying since the so called 'football board' was created, it was nothing more than a smokescreen!

On 17/04/2016 at 14:56, markavfc40 said:

Mike I am saying we can't simply scream and shout for him to sell. That is too short sighted and it is also unrealistic to think that a buyer with the means and where with all to take us forward will come forward any time soon. As said previously we have just been relegated and just lost 27 mill. Buyers aren't going to be queuing up to take us over.

Our focus is 100% on Lerner. We have called for him to make a statement stating that he is motivated to sell the club but have to accept that could take some time and therefore it is sensible and only right to push for the club to take action to ensure it can move forward in the meantime. As I said by doing so it will put itself in a much better position to be sold.

If we solely protest for him to sell and nothing else where does that leave us at the start of next season when he will almost certainly still be here. Do we continue to protest then? do we continue to walk out of games, hold up banners etc and do you think we would have the support for that? I have no desire to do that and that is why we are pushing for the club to take action from now, and all over the summer, to ensure that regardless of who the owner is we can start next season in decent shape heading in an upwards direction.

Mark what now for AVPG given that one of the calls was for Club to install "Football People"?

Personally I am very skeptical about the claimed sale negotiations, although I hope they are true I just don't trust Lerner!

I don't know mate. I don't believe the sale line and think that could well be a smokescreen. We have to continue to call for him to make a statement that is more important than ever now as this whole thing needs clarity.

It is an absolute shambles.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I don't know mate. I don't believe the sale line and think that could well be a smokescreen. We have to continue to call for him to make a statement that is more important than ever now as this whole thing needs clarity.

It is an absolute shambles.

Mark, I feared things would  get worse, but never in a month of Sundays did I believe that King and Bernstein would be driven to this. They look like they have done the honourable thing rather than continue to support this charade of a football club. Pity Brian Little didn't walk as well.

• Like 4

Just now, MikeMcKenna said:

Mark, I feared things would  get worse, but never in a month of Sundays did I believe that King and Bernstein would be driven to this. They look like they have done the honourable thing rather than continue to support this charade of a football club. Pity Brian Little didn't walk as well.

Fair play to King I had him down as just a token gesture but he is the one that has really laid it on the line. I wouldn't be surprised to see Little go very soon. Bevington is already gone also apparently.

• Like 1

I am **** furious right now.

Whatever protest you are planning HAS to be anti Lerner and extremely aggressively so.

I don't care if he is selling, Bernstein and king could resign when we're sold if that's the case.

We are currently relegated with a squad that doesnt give a duck, no manager, and nobody who has a **** clue how to run a football club.

We are a ship with no sails no rudder gaping holes in the hull, and no one that a has a clue how fix it.

Randy can go **** himself. I want him to see the hate, and to know he brought it on himself.

Make it happen

/rant

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, R1chuk said:

The atmosphere at the Southampton game is going to be absolutely poisonous towards Lerner. Lescott will be breathing a sigh of relief!

I'm not expecting Lescott to play, after all the public criticism and after relegation they will want to "protect" him ! 

Any chance of a protest on the steps of the Holte End a la McLeish? Large banners, anti Lerner but pro football / AVFC, this our club kind of thing?

Edited by Tubby

People keep suggesting it, you won't empty the stadium, it's already 15k people down, might drop by another couple for the last 2 games but I actually think people are going to go to give the players shit (like me...)

It's unrealistic to expect it to drop below 20k, it's just not going to happen

Re: boycott support in the ground-

Regretfully the club already has my season ticket fee. I will be attending regardless of how dire the tripe on the green stuff looks as I have all season, even though I've spent more time laughing at us than celebrating, etc.

As for the protest? Give it both barrels- we are a shambles.

3 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

Fair play to King I had him down as just a token gesture but he is the one that has really laid it on the line. I wouldn't be surprised to see Little go very soon. Bevington is already gone also apparently.

I haven't seen this ? What have you heard/seen ?

Â