Aston Villa Protest Group

MikeMcKenna

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

i dont get how the stewards have the right to physically wrestle unoffensive banners from people. id have smacked them one. 

They'll probably have **** batons and riot shields by the end of the season.

8 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

The scenario you're proposing is ludicrous. The club weren't bothered enough by the first protest to even make a statement. Once again, it's really hard to understand why you think the hard-to-conceal conspiracy is so much more likely than the entirely obvious explanation of people making a bad decision, especially when it's people you've communicated with repeatedly on this forum over a period of many years who, I would hope, you had enough respect for not to indulge such silly ideas. 

And once again, I urge you to reflect that by indulging yourself in all of this dolchstosslegende stuff, you're really BACAI. 

I don't know what BACAI is, but I do like the word dolchstosslegende, so thank you for that. I hope to use it at some point in the future.

I don't think it's a conspiracy per se. It's just I believe that a meeting happened. There was too much attention brought to the campaign by Sky Sports, the Birmingham Mail etc, for someone from the club not to get in touch. You don't think the club notices when SSN are running an interview with Mark calling for a widespread protest? You don't think they themselves might want to get in touch with Mark as well, before a game that's going to be on television in front of millions of people. A game that could be a source of embarrassment for the owner of the club in a sports broadcast beamed all over the world. That's why the banners weren't allowed in. Because this game was on Sky. 

How many people watched the pictures from the Spurs match today? And I don't mean just on Sky. The same pictures get beamed to audiences and networks worldwide.  It costs $5 million for a 30 second Super Bowl ad. You don't think that the TV cameras panning to people streaming out of the ground in response to Lerner being an incompetent twit is a big deal? The pictures of fans leaving the stadium that will go all around the world. Always the same pictures. With the name 'Randy Lerner' said in all sorts of strange accents, but the message always being the same. 'Incompetent'. You don't think that warrants at least phone call to try and prevent it? 

1 minute ago, bretonvilla said:

Does the law actually peirmit banners being  confiscated ( stolen ) and supporters being ejected from a ground . Is it legally an offence if it's not offensive behaviour ? 

Private property. ROAR

1 minute ago, bretonvilla said:

Does the law actually peirmit banners being  confiscated ( stolen ) and supporters being ejected from a ground . Is it legally an offence if it's not offensive behaviour ? 

I believe they have the right to refuse admission , or ask you to leave for any reason they see fit , unfortunately its theirs now , not ours!

Just now, bretonvilla said:

It's not illegal no. However they will have a policy that states any banners must be approved in advance. 

No excuse though. It's pathetic, mindless. Stasi. It's completely unacceptable. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, supernova26 said:

Were the fans in question a bunch of Remi Garde's or what? Don't hand banners over, they aren't going to risk a full scale riot over a banner. Tell them to jog and and get a proper job.

this. fight fire with fire.

5 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Disappointing to hear and read about the actions of some of our stewards today.  I wonder if they had been instructed or was it one or two getting above their station?  

It's not the first time. Instructions from the top, IMO.

Video on the link

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-steward-wrestles-fans-11034159

This is the moment when an Aston Villa steward gets embroiled in a tug of war over an anti Randy Lerner banner.

The footage filmed by Villa supporter Irvin Bicknell shows the steward grab the banner from a fan in the North Stand during the 2-0 defeat to Tottenham Hotspur at Villa Park.

It came after a fan tried to throw the 'Lerner Out' banner to another supporter, only for it to be intercepted by the steward.

The video shows how the steward and two fans tried to grab hold of the banner. The Villa employee's momentum carries him down a couple of steps where he collides with one of the supporters.

Before the incident stewards had removed another banner from fans in the North Stand, just below the Corner Flag restaurant.

It is the latest example of stewards forcibly removing anti Lerner and anti-Tom Fox banners from supporters inside Villa Park.

I'll be at Chelsea and I'll be out the door on 74, you may have made the wrong decision to postpone but if you get back on the front foot quickly you'll keep a lot of momentum.

incorperate the tennis balls after 20mins with fox out on them to stuff it, make it difficult for Fox & Co utv

• Like 1

Â