Peter Grant calls villa fans delusional

TRO

Peter Grant the number 2 to Alex McLeish says Villa fans are delusional.

according to tonight's Birmingham Mail, he says previous managers have had an untenable task and that Villa fans should be more realistic in their expectations.

i say with comments like that it's no wonder we are where we are.....these people we have had running our football teams have no sense of responsibility or ownership of the problems.

i think it is a bit rich to come out with such an insulting line to fans who have been more than patient with some of the drivel that successive managers have offered.

i actually think the contrary to him.....Villa fans have been quite passive in the times of our demise.

I read the complete article and the argument for me,just goes around and around in circles.

• Like 1

I read this in the express and star yesterday. 

One of the reasons we are where we are is because for to long the people at this club have deemed anything above 17th to be a success. 

Tim was right about one thing, we have a losing mentality. Which has come from a catalogue of poor decisions. Such as hiring people like McLeish and this plum. 

Edited by av1

13 minutes ago, TRO said:

Peter Grant the number 2 to Alex McLeish says Villa fans are delusional.

according to tonight's Birmingham Mail, he says previous managers have had an untenable task and that Villa fans should be more realistic in their expectations.

i say with comments like that it's no wonder we are where we are.....these people we have had running our football teams have no sense of responsibility or ownership of the problems.

i think it is a bit rich to come out with such an insulting line to fans who have been more than patient with some of the drivel that successive managers have offered.

i actually think the contrary to him.....Villa fans have been quite passive in the times of our demise.

I read the complete article and the argument for me,just goes around and around in circles.

If Villa fans expect anything, it's to be entertained, and to see effort, and trying.

I don't think that's unreasonable for men payed so handsomely and the cost it takes for people to go and see them. 

so what does Grant think we actually strive for? A win in 20 games - whoop-de-****-do you dickhead - and we still get 30-odd thousand there.

Moron.

Edited by lapal_fan
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Do not worry about it. The BBC are trying to create another negative piece to fit their agenda, piss poor journalism. Like anybody cares what Peter Grant thinks? :D Who? Scraping the barrel.

I don't get it... The BBC's headline is "Aston Villa relegation would be 'nightmare' - Peter Grant" and it's the Mail who went with "Aston Villa fans are 'delusional' says former assistant manager" so maybe saying the BBC have an agenda is pushing it.

• Like 1

I posted the article it in the Randy Lerner thread yesterday. He was talking about his own experience at the club as mentioned wage bill coming down

It is still a massive club with the fan base it has but I thought they were a little bit delusional.

14 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Does anyone have a link to the actual article. I'd be interested to see if he actually called us that, or if it's the usual Evening Mail spin.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-fans-delusional-says-10794357

“It is still a massive club with the fan base it has but I thought they were a little bit delusional,” he told BBC WM.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35409510

They are six points adrift at the bottom of the table and Grant believes the fans are "delusional" if they expect the current team to be a force in the top-flight.

"They have changed [managers] too often, too quickly with the amount of young players they have," he said.

"When I talk about the fans being delusional, you've got to accept where you are at this moment in time and give somebody the confidence to build instead of being critical.

"Even if it takes you 18 months to two years you have to give that manager an opportunity to try and get a structure, a way of playing and find a winning formula."

Not wishing to stick up for the board too much here but they did exactly what Grant has suggested we do! They gave Lambert a considerable amount of time to build a structure/winning formula and he failed. Sounds like someone sticking up for his mates in Mcleish and Lambert to me.  

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 2

Â