Gaming in 2016

Dodgyknees

The first two Zero Escape games are coming to PS4 & Vita. Pretty excellent news, hopefully the final game will follow. They're being updated in the HD fashion 'from the ground up'. As I recall, 999 was pretty much static pictures and text. A few pics show 3D sections, so that's cool. Both games are on the disc, and it's being called Zero Escape: Nonary Games, for reasons that will be obvious to anyone who has played them. Out next year.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2016 at 14:22, Davkaus said:

I'm so excited about Dishonoured 2, I think I might replay the original this weekend.

Shit port confirmed. Not sure about how it's running on consoles, but it seems to be another Bethesda unoptomised sack of shit on fairly decent spec PCs, with weirdly sporadic frame rate drops (I've seen reports of it down to 15 with a 970 at 1080p...), and weird camera movement and input lag.

One to avoid for now.

• Like 1

I'm having zero issues running Dishonored 2 on PC. That said I have seen the reports and articles especially PC Gamer's tear down of how it runs on PC and it wasn't pretty.

It is a shame that it seems like this game isn't all that friendly when it comes to mid-range spec. I mean the GTX 970 is more than good enough to run games like DOOM (2016) yet apparently not enough to run Dishonored 2 all that well at good visual settings.

That said my main issues currently are that Dishonored 2 just isn't clicking with me right now. I'm not sure what it is I enjoyed the first and I actually enjoyed what I played of Dishonored 2 at an event, but sat down at my desk I just can't get into it. As of right now I have set it aside to play Tyranny instead which also came out yesterday.

As NMS nurses its bloody nose, the battle for space takes another turn with Eve deciding to offer a free service.

Elite's not standing still either, as it looks to raise the curtain on the uber bad guy Thargoids from the 8 bit original.

• Like 1

Just started the tutorial in EVE. It'll be my first time playing EVE since it launched like 13 years ago, I am so glad it has a tutorial now as I have no idea how to play the game these days. 

On 19/11/2016 at 21:37, Davkaus said:

Just saw this comparison of the Assassin's Creed 2 remaster. **** brilliant. No, they've not been swapped around.

gMgWWUloixI6-JE0cuUbns9202ROX3Cg2I-f4IwCpJs.jpg?w=1024&s=269f7944f8a7c9fa4fcdfd675ac6eebe

Yep saw this too, it's truly amazing. Ubi have made the first demaster? Was really looking forward to it too. Clearings.

• 2 weeks later...

Stardew Valley is finally coming to console on the 14th December.

One of the best games of the year for me and one i'm looking forward to playing on the PS4.

Great game.

I’m pleased to announce the official release dates for the Xbox One and Playstation 4 versions of Stardew Valley!

Stardew Valley will launch in North America for the PS4 on December 13th, 2016.

Stardew Valley will launch in Europe for the PS4 and globally for the Xbox One on December 14th, 2016.

Pre-orders for the Xbox One (globally) and PS4 (Europe only) will begin on November 30th, 2016.

37 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Harvest Moon was a great game, wasn't it? ;)

I've never played it tbh, but I have heard the comparison made before.

Stardew Valley is a ridiculously good game though - it definitely got it's hooks into me.

• 4 weeks later...

I was lucky enough to get Watchdogs 2 for Christmas.

For a game that's had as much praise as it has, I'm quite surprised by it. I just don't like it very much. It's a quite poor open world title with a gimmick that I don't ever feel comfortable with. And every mission is the same. Drive to place, Batman vision stuff to hack to get in, press Y, leave. 

It appears to have been praised entirely on a knowing online media style, and not being Watchdogs 1.

On the plus side, I also have Dishonored 2 and Deus Ex Mankind Divided to have a crack at, and I bought myself Superhot and Hitman to enjoy in the coming weeks...

• Like 1