Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

But we're a Championship side. For a Championship side, most of our signings are coups. PL players dropping down a division. Who would you have targeted at 8m a player to improve us?

And I strongly disagree that we've signed a random name because we failed with Hernandez. We've been linked with Kodjia all summer.

Spot on.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Woodytom said:

Haha..... il keep referring to last season when people were very pleased with the summer. 

How can you not see the difference between the summers though?

Last year, we were a PL side and spent about 3/4 per player, but we brought in loads of them. A lot of them were also massively unproven in the PL. Also a lot of our money came from sales so we didn't spend anything really.

This summer, we've spent more per player, on experienced players who have had success in this division, in key areas.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

A better manager ?

Who would you, realistically, want as manager hippo? I asked Michael118 this question when he moaned about RDM and didn't get a proper answer. 

7 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Haha..... il keep referring to last season when people were very pleased with the summer. 

I don't remember signing 2 top premier league goal scorers last year. I don't remember signing proven premier league players in their prime last year? I don't remember signing a player from a higher league last year. 

If your only comparison is that people were happy then you haven't actually given it much thought, which doesn't really surprise me I guess. 

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

How can you not see the difference between the summers though?

Last year, we were a PL side and spent about 3/4 per player, but we brought in loads of them. A lot of them were also massively unproven in the PL. Also a lot of our money came from sales so we didn't spend anything really.

This summer, we've spent more per player, on experienced players who have had success in this division, in key areas.

My point was that people were very pleased with last summer. Those who raised concerns were shot down. 

Plus, I don't think I've ever moaned about us not spending money so I don't see why ppl are saying they can't win.

1 minute ago, Mjvilla said:

Who would you, realistically, want as manager hippo? I asked Michael118 this question when he moaned about RDM and didn't get a proper answer. 

Why would you expect a proper answer from someone who thinks gabby is better than Hernandez ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Comparing chalk with cheese. 

Last summer was a fumble with a slightly retarded fat girl in the park after a couple of cans of special brew. 

This summer has been a sexual awakening with a mate's incredibly hot older sister. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Woodytom said:

My point was that people were very pleased with last summer. Those who raised concerns were shot down. 

Last summer was a mix between the wrong players and the wrong manager. With a better manager, I think our business last year wouldn't have been nearly as bad.

2 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Plus, I don't think I've ever moaned about us not spending money so I don't see why ppl are saying they can't win.

I mean, you haven't said specifically 'I'm annoyed we're spending money' but you've made plenty of posts about how ridiculous our spending is.

Hope we can get that Italian midfieler Viviano (?), looks a good player, we seemingly tried for Diawara and Diame, so a midfielder must be in our considerations. Haven't seen the link anywhere else, but on a Wolves forum some of them seemed to think that they might be signing Gary Gardner.

4 minutes ago, useless said:

Hope we can get that Italian midfieler Viviano (?), looks a good player, we seemingly tried for Diawara and Diame, so a midfielder must be in our considerations. Haven't seen the link anywhere else, but on a Wolves forum some of them seemed to think that they might be signing Gary Gardner.

Been linked with cheik n'doye of angers As well

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

So you're trying to score points?

Take them mate, all yours. Congratulations. 

Not at all, I'm simply making a point that it's not a case of - were spending money, what's the issue?