Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

1 minute ago, DK82 said:

But I know the sort of player Jedi is and we'd be a little mad to sign McCarthy as well, just because Jedi hasn't played for us yet.

Yep hypothetical, but still a good debate. As I said, I would rather look at Reed. Think he has a big future but doesn't get much game time.

I'd never seen him play to be honest.  I do think we need more strength in the CM though with it being such a key position. Westwood and Gardner just don't cut it for me and the second half on Saturday was good evidence of this.

But I guess there are more important areas we need to address such as Striker and Left back.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I'd never seen him play to be honest.  I do think we need more strength in the CM though with it being such a key position. Westwood and Gardner just don't cut it for me and the second half on Saturday was good evidence of this.

But I guess there are more important areas we need to address such as Striker and Left back.

Highly rated at Southampton, seems to be good on the ball, calm, good passer. He is ginger as well though.. :D

I'd like a winger as well as the above, then I think we are all go.

Just now, DK82 said:

Highly rated at Southampton, seems to be good on the ball, calm, good passer. He is ginger as well though.. :D

I'd like a winger as well as the above, then I think we are all go.

He is ginger, well why didn't you say so in the first place! Sign him up! :)

Southampton seem to churn out player after player.  We need to get some spies down there to find out how the hell they are producing these players! 

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

He is ginger, well why didn't you say so in the first place! Sign him up! :)

Southampton seem to churn out player after player.  We need to get some spies down there to find out how the hell they are producing these players! 

Comes down to investment, they put a lot of time, money and effort in. Hoping we follow a similar path with our academy. They have scouts all across the UK, working hundreds of hours. Fair play to them.

4 minutes ago, abdomlahor said:

Nixon has tweeted that Hernandez is the world class striker that Xia referred to. We're just waiting for Hull to sign replacements.

Don't like things being that way round.  We need to sign someone, not gamble around waiting until said club has done their business.

Just now, bobzy said:

Don't like things being that way round.  We need to sign someone, not gamble around waiting until said club has done their business.

I am sure (hope) we have adequate back-ups should the transfer fail, I'd imagine they've set a deadline to move on other targets if needed.

That's what I used to do on champ manager anyways :P

4 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

I am sure (hope) we have adequate back-ups should the transfer fail, I'd imagine they've set a deadline to move on other targets if needed.

That's what I used to do on champ manager anyways :P

I just bid for everyone and then "delayed" transfers until I got the one I really wanted B) 

52 minutes ago, guyavfc said:

James McCarthy has apparently been told he can leave. Twitter chat says Newcastle and Celtic are after him, I thought he was meant to be highly rated?

A good friend of mine is a Everton season ticket holder and he says McCarthy is wank only got the Everton move via he was Martinez's pet at Wigan I'd honestly sooner have gardener playing week in week out