Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

16 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

I'm excited for this #9.

D49C81B6-0A17-9CD0-100AC1D431189D45.jpg

Oh shit

This moment sums up the Lerner era.

We were pushing for champions league, and this is who we chose to give us the edge.

:rolleyes:

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Kinda depressed about Benteke going to Palace, back to big man small pond etc., could have been that with us. However guessing if he stayed with us, he may have saved us and just papered over cracks, then no takeover etc. (Or still takeover lol). Imagine the current forward line we have with Benteke in it as well as the support staff we are building? One can dream. sigh.

Yeah, would have been an absolute legend if he had come back - who knows - maybe in a year or two we might trigger his release clause ;)

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Yeah, he also said yesterday this to the question of who was next and a wish list given 

The contradiction in his twitter posts suggests to me one more permanent signing and the rest in loans.

Edited by jon_c
Mucked up quoting

6 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Andreas granqvist? 

Or or are we not playing a game of name that random Swedish defender?

Tinnerholm is a RB expected to sign for an unnamed Championship club tomorrow.

Granqvist is on a massive contract at a Russian Krasnodar...

Edited by sne

9 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Personally I think we are fine with strikers. Ayew, McCormack, Gestede, Kozak, and Murphy are more than enough. We need a right back desperately and a creative mid or winger. 

Kozak isn't going to feature in my eyes. We are currently playing a variety of 433 so three of the four (without kozak) start and the other is untested. We need another in case of injuries, suspension or lack of form

5 minutes ago, sne said:

Tinnerholm is a RB expected to sign for an unnamed Championship club tomorrow.

Granqvist is on a massive contract at a Russian Krasnodar...

smile mate, t'was a joke 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

Kozak isn't going to feature in my eyes. We are currently playing a variety of 433 so three of the four (without kozak) start and the other is untested. We need another in case of injuries, suspension or lack of form

Doesn't Gestede and Ayew leave this winter for the African cup of nations? I definitely think Kozak will feature if that's the case. We can't go forward with just McCormack for that whole month. 

14 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Personally I think we are fine with strikers. Ayew, McCormack, Gestede, Kozak, and Murphy are more than enough. We need a right back desperately and a creative mid or winger. 

That looks okay on paper, but when you consider it looks like McCormack and Gestede will start, with Ayew playing from the right, where are the options from the bench if we need a change!? (like we did after 70 mins against Hudd)?

Need another one imo.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jon_c said:

The contradiction in his twitter posts suggests to me one more permanent signing and the rest in loans.

Which would make us rather strong indeed..

Usually Championship teams use the loans to get one or two players that are too good for the league that they would never in a million years sign on a permanent.

In our situation though I think we have already signed some players too good for this league players like Elphick, Chester, McCormack and Jedinak. The jury is still out on Tshibola but he seems quality too. So if we have one permanent yet to do and then a couple of potential out of our league loans we are set. 

A squad with Elphick, Chester, Jedinak, Tshibola, Grealish, McCormack and Ayew in it shouldn't really be struggling in this league. If we have yet more to come with players like Bacuna also putting in work now I like our chances this season. Maybe over-optimism has set in but when I look at what we have and what we may still add I think we have the strongest starting-XI in the league. Maybe I am alone in that thinking though.

3 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Maybe over-optimism has set in but when I look at what we have and what we may still add I think we have the strongest starting-XI in the league. Maybe I am alone in that thinking though.

Would tend to agree but strong rosters don't win diddly squat .... its all about team and getting the right mix and that is where a lot of work is required. Despite the pre-season hype, my early impressions are that this league is totally pants and if we can turn our strong roster into a strong team then we'll run riot.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Which would make us rather strong indeed..

Maybe over-optimism has set in but when I look at what we have and what we may still add I think we have the strongest starting-XI in the league. Maybe I am alone in that thinking though.

I'd love to agree but, frankly, I have no idea about other teams in the League. I've been such a jacked up little Premier League monkey since its inception that I have little idea about any of these teams. I'll put my hands up! 

Having said that, on paper, our team last year should've done okay. Gelling is absolutely key. 

• Like 2

André Ayew out for four months - that happens to one of our main strikers and we'd be in trouble - would like another striker and an attacking midfielder.  Can live without another RB if we must, but ideally we find one of those as well. FWIW I think we will get those three before the window shuts. 

2 hours ago, skarroki said:

Bit premature but if we don't get enough midfielders/wide players in before the transfer window SLAMS shut I would like Morrison from WBA. was released so we could get him in after the window 

Thats the one that would love to come to us.