Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

11 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Lambert was never Richards' manager.....

I know, I was talking in general terms, I Knew I'd fubar'd but couldn't be arsed editing it as I thought people would get the gist of my post.

7 minutes ago, sne said:

He also didn't cut it at City even as a squad player and was benched for most of the season after a series of poor performances at Fiorentina.

Sorry but re his City days, this is an example of selective pulling of facts/memory for effect If I've ever seen it. He got injured at City (At which he was a star for a number of years), they proceeded to buy some of the best players in the world! Dzeko couldn't get a look in at City, would you have him?

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

It's incredible. We've just been relegated as one of the worst teams in history after years and years of being run like a **** joke by an absolute word removed of an owner. How about we let the new guy actually do his job before we run around in a blind panic. It's ridiculous. He has a plan let's see what it is and how it develops 

Because it's a speculation thread

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Sorry but re his City days, this is an example of selective pulling of facts/memory for effect If I've ever seen it. He got injured at City (At which he was a star for a number of years), they proceeded to buy some of the best players in the world! Dzeko couldn't get a look in at City, would you have him?

They choose to have a smaller squad in the CL because a lack of homegrown players rather than have him in the squad even thou Kompany has been plagued by injuries for the last few seasons. 

And then let him go for free.

Nice job not posting for effect and then adding a line about Dzeko to the post...

4 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Completely unjustifiable nonsense. 

Did RDM organise the friendly? If not he's well within his rights to cancel it if he sees it as redundant. Regardless wouldn't letting U21's go suggest we're looking to sign more players rather than none? 

Headless chickens. This forum is basically unreadable at the moment. 

1. You're quite right, it's nonsense. But the cancellation is the nonsense that inspired it.

2. If he saw it as redundant, yes within his rights, but in that case he should have cancelled it ages ago.

3. Lighten up man :).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Speculation about transfers not our impending doom. 

Speculation about transfers also includes speculation about the possibility of not making many more and the impact of that on the team though does it not?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Richard said:

Speculation about transfers also includes speculation about the possibility of not making many more and the impact of that on the team though does it not?

Ok, well how many times do you have to speculate it's all going to be bad? Once not enough?

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, BigJim said:

1. You're quite right, it's nonsense. But the cancellation is the nonsense that inspired it.

2. If he saw it as redundant, yes within his rights, but in that case he should have cancelled it ages ago.

3. Lighten up man :).

1. You don't know it's nonsense. You don't know why it was cancelled.

2. Why? What difference does it make to your life?

3. No. I was really looking forward to everyone pulling in the same direction for a change. I grew sick of being involved in such a miserable, stagnant football club. Unfortunately, nothing appears to have changed because far too many people have zero self control or patience. 

We wanted our Villa back. We got it back, together. Within a couple of months some are back to pissing and moaning again. It's your right to do so but I've had enough of it to be honest. Perhaps that's a problem with me.

• Like 2

Nice to see that because of a total lack of transfer rumors, I and everyone else has reverted back to that o so familiar habit of dissecting other people's posts for something to argue about :D

Another reason (if a secondary at that) the club needs to press on with signings.

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Nice to see that because of a total lack of transfer rumors, I and everyone else has reverted back to that o so familiar habit of dissecting other people's posts for something to argue about :D

Another reason (if a secondary at that) the club needs to press on with signings.

Too true. I can't wait until we sign someone, anyone...and the inevitable joy and optomism it brings.

You only have to look at the Sanchez thread to realise a signing, no matter how shit, gets people believing again.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

1. You don't know it's nonsense. You don't know why it was cancelled.

2. Why? What difference does it make to your life?

3. No. I was really looking forward to everyone pulling in the same direction for a change. I grew sick of being involved in such a miserable, stagnant football club. Unfortunately, nothing appears to have changed because far too many people have zero self control or patience. 

We wanted our Villa back. We got it back, together. Within a couple of months some are back to pissing and moaning again. It's your right to do so but I've had enough of it to be honest. Perhaps that's a problem with me.

People (myself included) are a bit upset that we're starting the new season, the most important season for a long time, with essentially the same train wreck of a squad that caused this. The ones with any minuscule evidence of talent are or appear to be leaving, which puts us in a even worse position. Considering promises of millions, new players, promotion and apparently world domination (utterly ridiculous). This suggests either we didn't had much of a plan when RDM came in, we either don't have (or never had) any money, or RDM thinks he can turn the squad around and get them playing again. Which is what EVERY OTHER MANAGER before him tried and failed at. I don't want to see Bacuna's or Gabby or Lescott or any of the other effortless, lazy losers play again just because our manager thinks he can do what others couldn't. Maybe we are losing patience too soon, but are any of the posters mocking us for doing so confident that we've done anything close to what was needed doing to assure promotion?

• Like 2