Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

36 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Barton signed for Rangers. Wish we could've gotten him. 

Bullet.  Dodged.

I'd be willing to stake money on Barton getting a red card in every Old Firm game he plays this season.  Such passion*.

* - read: 'passion' as 'a dickhead'.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Bullet.  Dodged.

I'd be willing to stake money on Barton getting a red card in every Old Firm game he plays this season.  Such passion*.

Barton has been sent off 6 times in over 300 appearances, 3 of those times were this decade...

Hardly a regular occurance is it

Edited by LakotaDakota

23 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Still wouldn't want Barton at Villa, not knocking him as a player. I just don't like his character. 

True, it has taken us this far, we need a nice bunch of "honest" lads like Jordan Bowery, Heskey, Westwood, Guzan, etc.

All very nice guys.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

True, it has taken us this far, we need a nice bunch of "honest" lads like Jordan Bowery, Heskey, Westwood, Guzan, etc.

All very nice guys.

I'm not saying we need nice boys but there's tough guys and then there's idiots. Joey for me is an idiot. Whether he's learnt his lesson and behaves differently now, maybe, but I still remember the violent assaults he committed and would rather steer clear. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I'm not saying we need nice boys but there's tough guys and then there's idiots. Joey for me is an idiot. Whether he's learnt his lesson and behaves differently now, maybe, but I still remember the violent assaults he committed and would rather steer clear. 

Weren't all these incidents yonks ago? Practically everywhere he has played since then, he has been an integral/star player.

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah, I know. I'm saying I don't think he is a terrible signing for 27.5m, whilst agreeing that they overpaid.

Didn't they overpay largely down to their own dithering? I recall Fellaini had a buyout clause of £23m that expired a week or so before they bought him.

19 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Weren't all these incidents yonks ago? Practically everywhere he has played since then, he has been an integral/star player.

Yeah they were, and you're probably right. I'm just not a fan. It's all academic anyway now as he's gone to Rangers. 

• Like 1

Plus, and I know this isn't Joey's fault, I always remember what his brother did to that poor kid in Liverpool. That's kind of put me off the Barton's tbh. Like I say nothing to do with Joey himself but still grim.

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

Bullet.  Dodged.

Hasn't he just won the Championship with Burnley and was their player of the year and made the team of the season?? That's exactly the sort of dickhead as you put it we need in our team!! He has grown up loads in the last few years don't judge him past misdemeanours 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, dn1982 said:

Hasn't he just won the Championship with Burnley and was their player of the year and made the team of the season?? That's exactly the sort of dickhead as you put it we need in our team!! He has grown up loads in the last few years don't judge him past misdemeanours 

He hasn't grown up.  I don't know why people think this.

As earlier in this thread (probably - when discussing with Stevo) for example, he stamped on a Brighton player recently and then goaded opposition fans on Twitter with some nonsense comment about football not being bowls.  The guy is an absolute clown.

Actually, that quite suits Rangers I suppose.  Clown player at clown club, I like it.

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

He hasn't grown up.  I don't know why people think this.

As earlier in this thread (probably - when discussing with Stevo) for example, he stamped on a Brighton player recently and then goaded opposition fans on Twitter with some nonsense comment about football not being bowls.  The guy is an absolute clown.

Actually, that quite suits Rangers I suppose.  Clown player at clown club, I like it.

So you agree that his footballing ability is good enough for us then but you just dislike his temperament? If fans slag players on Twitter they shouldn't moan if they get stuff back and as for the stamp I don't recall a major fuss over it and he wasn't sent off. He'll probably end up SPL player if the year next season. 

37 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

So you agree that his footballing ability is good enough for us then but you just dislike his temperament? If fans slag players on Twitter they shouldn't moan if they get stuff back and as for the stamp I don't recall a major fuss over it and he wasn't sent off. He'll probably end up SPL player if the year next season. 

I think he's a technically pretty decent player and would likely bolster our midfield.  However, he's a horrible human being and I don't want him anywhere near Villa Park.

I guess stamping is OK as long as there's not a major fuss over it :D

• Like 1

Don't really see what the problem with Barton is. He's obviously a nasty little shit and has a more than questionable off field history but we are a seriously lacking presence in the midfield area, a presence he would provide.

Doesn't really matter either way now though does it.

6 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Don't really see what the problem with Barton is. He's obviously a nasty little shit and has a more than questionable off field history but we are a seriously lacking presence in the midfield area, a presence he would provide.

Doesn't really matter either way now though does it.

You've answered the problem yourself, haven't you?!

I'd rather have a proper defensive midfielder in there to break up play than a thug.  My preference - others seem to want the guy.  But yes, irrelevant now anyway.

Just now, bobzy said:

You've answered the problem yourself, haven't you?!

I'd rather have a proper defensive midfielder in there to break up play than a thug.  My preference - others seem to want the guy.  But yes, irrelevant now anyway.

No I haven't. The things I mentioned are to do with his character. As a footballer and a midfield presence I think we'd have done well to have him here even if it meant we had to put up with his piss poor character.

1 minute ago, sexbelowsound said:

No I haven't. The things I mentioned are to do with his character. As a footballer and a midfield presence I think we'd have done well to have him here even if it meant we had to put up with his piss poor character.

Yeah - it's his character that I'm completely against.  Don't want that kind of guy at my club.  Again, personal preference.

"Midfield presence" - what does this mean?

Edited by bobzy