lwavfc

Simpsons, Family Guy or Futurama?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Simpsons, Family Guy or Futurama?

• The Simpsons
    • Family Guy
    • Futurama
    • None, they suck.

On its day, The Simpsons beats every TV show ever made, hands down. It's just a shame it's been so shit for the last few years.

Can't believe you missed South Park out of that list, which runs it a pretty close second.

On its day, The Simpsons beats every TV show ever made, hands down. It's just a shame it's been so shit for the last few years.

Can't believe you missed South Park out of that list, which runs it a pretty close second.

Great Minds lol

South Park

Whilst Homer is funny , Cartman is just the greatest character ever created ..Would love to know how they get away with some of the things he says ..........

incedently i watched family gauy for the first time last week , and the fat guy in that is a blatant rip off of Homer

I prefer Futurama, but that may well be Simpsons fatigue (I'm sure that should be a medical condition). Family guy doesn't come close for me, doesn't have the same rate of pure genius moments.

with the choices given i would say

Family Guy

Simpsons

Futurama

However if Simpsons had stopped 7 or 8 years ago then that would be top.

However I agree with others, South Park tops them all, funniest cartoon out there at the moment!

Family Guy

Simpsons

Futurama

Having said that I watched the Simpson's movie last night I cannot stop smiling/laughing at Spiderpig!! In fact it is now my text alert!!!

South Park

Whilst Homer is funny , Cartman is just the greatest character ever created ..Would love to know how they get away with some of the things he says ..........

incedently i watched family gauy for the first time last week , and the fat guy in that is a blatant rip off of Homer

The whole show is a rip-off of the simpsons, but as South Park pointed out, the Simpsons have done evrything imaginable so it's hard not to rip them off! And American Dad is a rip-off of Family Guy, even though it's made by the same people. Family Guy is still hilarious though. And Cartman gets away with stuff becaus ehe hates everybody, i think. If they take the piss out of everyone, no-one can really complain...sort of!

mad_0905.jpg

love all 3 of 'em but went for the Simpsters based upon quality and longevity.

Family Guy has some genuinely side splitting moments, and futurama would take it for quality of the drawings/animation and the whole premise of the show.

But overall, Homer J gets it for me.

Simpsons

Futurama

Family Guy

South Park is simply off the radar, it's so shite. Cannot see the appeal at all.

An obscure British one that was underrated, IMO: Stressed Eric.

My missus rates Rocko's Modern Life and CatDog.

Simpsons

Futurama

Family Guy

South Park is simply off the radar, it's so shite. Cannot see the appeal at all.

An obscure British one that was underrated, IMO: Stressed Eric.

My missus rates Rocko's Modern Life and CatDog.

Totally agree on Stressed Eric. I was hoping you could get it online but it seems you cant. I know of some people who don't like South Park. I really think you're missing out. Whenever you stumble across it while flicking, just leave it on for a few mins - it might be a gem. Then you're hooked.

I know of some people who don't like South Park. I really think you're missing out. Whenever you stumble across it while flicking, just leave it on for a few mins - it might be a gem. Then you're hooked.

i'm in this boat Bri. I've seen bits of it, but never stayed for the entire episode as i've never really "got it".

I don't think it's sh*t and can see the appeal, but i just don't get it in the same way i do the others mentioned here.

maybe it's something that you have to watch for while to get into it?

I'm sorry but South Park is absolutely genius. I think people have a view (and I'm not saying you mooney, you may just genuinely not like it) that it's just childish toilet humour, which I suppose it is some of the time, but some of the characters (Cartman mostly) are hilarious and the show is actually very topical and parodical, especially the recent seasons. I also have to applaud them as to how fast they can make their episodes. The Simpsons takes 6 months-ish to make an episode. In South Park, they referenced Saddam being caught in an episode 3 days, 3 DAYS, after it happened. That's impressive you have to admit!

O and Rocko's Modern life was hilarious!

I know of some people who don't like South Park. I really think you're missing out. Whenever you stumble across it while flicking, just leave it on for a few mins - it might be a gem. Then you're hooked.

i'm in this boat Bri. I've seen bits of it, but never stayed for the entire episode as i've never really "got it".

I don't think it's sh*t and can see the appeal, but i just don't get it in the same way i do the others mentioned here.

maybe it's something that you have to watch for while to get into it?

I'd say yes you probably need to give it a chance. I don't like saying people don't 'get' South Park, as they seem to think you're questioning their intelligence when you do (even though you're not). But yes it certainly does seem as though the people who don't like SP will admit that they don't get the humour or the appeal.

The way I would compare all the cartoons is that the Simpsons has a much higher average quality but the highs of SP & FG are higher than the highs of Simpsons. I have howled and had pains in my stomach from laughing at episodes of South Park and I've never had that from Simpsons. Having said that, for pure consistency and longevity I had to vote Simpsons here. I still don't think Futurama is fit to clean the boots of any of the others though.

Â