lwavfc

Simpsons, Family Guy or Futurama?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Simpsons, Family Guy or Futurama?

• The Simpsons
    • Family Guy
    • Futurama
    • None, they suck.

I'm a big fan of Family Guy, so they obviously get my vote. I'd have American Dad up there too, so I guess I'm quite fond of Seth McFarlane in general.

I think it might have been the Simpsons movie where (spoiler alert) Homer flicks through a dictionary (or something like it). He flicks by 'plagiarism' and there's a picture of Peter from Family Guy, then he flicks by 'plagiarism of plagiarism' and sees a picture of American Dad. I thought it was funny (and yes I know they're both created by Seth :))

ergo t'isn't the movie!

or ergo they are running out of ideas and used the same gag twice .....

No, not used twice ! Movie is all original (and class btw :))

I'm a big fan of Family Guy, so they obviously get my vote. I'd have American Dad up there too, so I guess I'm quite fond of Seth McFarlane in general.

I think it might have been the Simpsons movie where (spoiler alert) Homer flicks through a dictionary (or something like it). He flicks by 'plagiarism' and there's a picture of Peter from Family Guy, then he flicks by 'plagiarism of plagiarism' and sees a picture of American Dad. I thought it was funny (and yes I know they're both created by Seth :))

:lol:

I love the banter going on between the respective shows, really.

I have no problem admitting that Family Guy are obviously heavily influenced by the Simpsons, of course, and they have probably blatantly stolen a few jokes from Groening-with-friends. I don't really care though, because there is so much out of Family Guy that is genuine and original and not like the Simpsons at all, and the things that are stolen are just as funny anyway :)

As for American Dad being a plagiate of Family Guy, I'd have to disagree with the Simpsons people as Peter Griffin and Stan Smith are as different as they come :)

Movie is all original (and class btw )

agreed , i enjoyed it ,

could swear through I saw the sketch you're talking about recently and I don't have Sky one (cue another rant aboput Virgin !!) so haven't watched any Simpsons other than the movie ...anyway I have it arriving on DVD tomorrow so i can watch it again and again ....this is what happens when Virgin take Sky 1 away from you :-(

All shows have their merits.

Family Guy can, at certain points , can be just unbelievably hilarious. Some episodes are superb, but some aren't as good. And the characters of Stewie and Brian are brilliant.

With the Simpsons some of it is pure genius, for instance when Homer runs a grease racket. But, recently it has become a one man Homer parade. The middle seasons are brilliant, they contain both story and pure satire. Now it's flagging though.

Futurama - The character of Bender is one of my favourite ever created, and some of the scenarios are brilliant. In terms of entertainment, it's up there, but not quite as funny.

So I vote for Family Guy.

Oooh... Tough one.

Simpsons has been and always will be the original. Yes some of the later episodes have tired but the movie was good. However the movie wasn't great like it could have been. I expected just that touch more from them.

Family Guy is fantastic. The joke rate is astonishingly high. If you don't find one joke funny then theres one 10 seconds later that you will love. Stewie is brilliant and will always be a classic character. Seasons 1-4 absolute classic. Found season 5 a bit hit and miss. Still love it though. "Oh my God! The government is here! Run ET! Run!"

South Park, well who the hell won't they take the piss out of (hell they even take the piss out of themselves). The ideas behind the shows are great and you just end up loving it all. Butters is fantastic. When he is Professor Chaos is just brilliant.

Futurama has probably the best storylines out of the bunch. I always love "Raging Bender" episode (the one where Bender becomes a wrestler) but all of them are great. Can't wait for them to make the films. Need more...

Overall I think that Family Guy just pips it but it is a very, very close call.

I votede Simpsons as whenever ive watched the others, I had to turn them off as I didn't find them funny.

But anyway, Beavis and Butthead absolutey kicks ass over the others mentioned.

I AM THE GREAT CORNHOLIO!!!

Social worker: "Glen honey, I got a question for you. What do you do for a living?

Quagmire: "I got a question for you. Why are you still here?"

I would love to say that.

Quagmire: Fat chicks need love too...they just have to PAY!

Tricia Takanawa: Thank you, Diane. Sex. Some people have it anonymously. What kind of person would do that you might ask? Well, I'm about to find out. I've just picked up a complete stranger in a hotel bar and he's in the bathroom right now,

possibly doing drugs. Watch as I have sex with this potentially dangerous man, as we take you in-depth and undercover.

(Quagmire walks into the room in his boxers and lays down on the bed.)

Quagmire: I've never had a Spanish chick before! O-LE!!!

Social worker: "Glen honey, I got a question for you. What do you do for a living?

Tricia Takanawa: Thank you, Diane. Sex. Some people have it anonymously. What kind of person would do that you might ask? Well, I'm about to find out. I've just picked up a complete stranger in a hotel bar and he's in the bathroom right now,

possibly doing drugs. Watch as I have sex with this potentially dangerous man, as we take you in-depth and undercover.

I'll see your fat chicks and raise you a

Meg Griffin: Um, Mr. Quagmire, can I use your toothpaste? [she sees Quagmire on the kitchen table with a blonde] Oh, my God, excuse me!

Glenn Quagmire: No problem, Meg! You probably bought me another three minutes. Giggity-giggity-giggity-giggity!

Legend

Quagmire walks into a toilet cubicle to find a cheerleader bound and gagged on the floor...

"Dear diary.......Jack-pot!"

Quagmire: "Hey there little lady. Why don't you turn around and show me your Lower East Side."

Woman (man voice) : "Sure."

Quagmire: "Whoa, transvestite, back off! Wait a minute...pre-op or post-op?"

Woman: "Pre-op."

Quagmire: "Whoa, transvestite, back off!"

Â