The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

Agree with Rev.

He's off into the sunset with a shake of the head and a sigh at our position.

If we'd took a plunge and appointed him this summer, like Leicester did by booting a different terrible manager out the door, I'm 100% certain we'd be midtable.

For one, we wouldn't have Richards, Lescott, Sinclair or Gestede here.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

The difference is Garde has what looks like a plan. He has a formation and he's playing players in their best position by and large. The results are far from satisfactory, but at least Garde looks like he has a system that he's trying to implement.

Sherwood was changing formation, personnel, system every week without anything that looked like an aim. 

Well whether you are right or wrong on the two managers,that wasn't my point. My point was the players are not good enough.....for either manager.

back to your comment, it hasn't made much difference to the results has it. Having this distinctive plan and playing the players in their rightful position.

I am actually in support of Remi, but I really don't share your view on the distinct difference.

i think they both had/ have a monumental task.

45 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Bunn was third or fourth choice at Norwich and has never been first choice at any club he's been at except Northampton Town. The fact he was our second choice keeper was surprising, the fact he is our first is even more baffling. Not that anyone would argue about Guzan needing to be dropped.

Garde eventually got the central pairing of Lescott and Okore right, but lets be honest Lescott is still pretty shit. But not as crap as Richards or Clark. Cissokho has done ok since he brought him back so there's one plus as at least Richardson and Bennett didn't get picked. At right back I am sure he will revert back to Richards over Hutton but neither are great.

Gestede is awful, but he tried with him and even gave Kozak a game, to no real avail but he tried. Now Kozak is injured and Gestede is getting back to full crapness. I don't think he rates Gabby but he is literally the only fit striker left, unless you count Sinclair who has done nothing under Garde.

Grealish has been in trouble with Garde or injured. Ayew seemed to respond to Garde until he realised that no amount of effort would make the team win because the people around him are so talentless and so he got surly, impatient and the sending off was coming for weeks.

The midfield you can criticise that he has kept faith with Bacuna, but again I don't think Garde would pick any of the midfield he is currently, because all of them are terrible. Vertout was good for about 5 mins under Garde, now he is as lost as the rest. All Garde has to choose from to change things is Lyden or Sanchez if he ever recovers from injury. Neither will make any kind of a difference. 

Only players that could change things are Amavi or Traore, we will be relegated before the former returns and I doubt Traore will get much pitch time even if he is fit.

The trouble is so many players went backwards under Garde and got worse, now is that down to the manager or confidence? There is a such a smokescreen of negativity, twitter storms, club politics, fan outrage, board room clownery and internal transfer bungling, that Garde's ability and value are lost in all the noise. You could find that if all the noise clears he is just as shite as everyone else.

Who knows, like you say it's a mind field.....How anyone can be sure, God knows

Worst manager in Villa history and no signs of improvement. a pathetic performance and still throws on the tried and tested shit like Sinclair and Gestede instead of some kids

at least Sherwood got us to a cup final and survival

• Like 3

8 hours ago, YGabbana said:

Sherwood was slated and still is for hanging players out to dry. Remi has hung the lot out more than once now.

He cannot motivate the players at all, yes i know they are shite but he has had 0 effect on them at all

this was a big thing in the Sherwood hatred from some people yet Garde gets a free reign for doing the same thing

• Like 2

I'm a fan of Garde until he has had time to buy his own players and then failed. It struck me the other day too, he recently said he had no intention of returning to France and that he wanted to stay in England - well hang about, when we go down, no other team is going to move heaven and earth to recruit him - I think by accident he pretty much confirmed he will be staying at AVFC.

13 hours ago, TRO said:

I wouldn't know what to do with this lot.....it's much worse than when O'Leary had the mutineers.

if we change managers it will take another manager 4 months to find out where the problems are we are losing valuable rectification time.

This is exactly the reason I want him to stay. I don't want another Manager coming in and taking x amount of time to access the squad. Remi has assessed the squad, realised they are shit and will bin them all IMO. 

Whatever people think of Remi as a Manager, most would surely agree that the main problem is the rocket polishers on the pitch. They need to go asp because it' we need to hit the ground running next season. 

On a different note, what sort of Manager is going to come to club who's players have downed tools, who's owner is in hiding, and who's Chairman has said we won't be spending much money? Oh and who's fanbase will expect promotion at the first attempt. If Remi leaves we will end up with some prat like Neil Warnock phoning his mates at talk sport every morning telling how Gabby is a lovely kid. 

I keep seeing people calling for "the kids" to be thrown in because we will need them next year

Firstly, I'm certain that given his approach so far, if Garde thought that we had any "kids" who could make an impact they would be getting a chance. Anyone who looks at his past approach will know that he is very happy to play youngsters if he feels they are up to it.  He sees our youngsters every day and clearly feels that they are not yet good enough or that throwing into a struggling premiership side would do them no good.

Secondly, I'm not at all certain that we will be relying on too many of the "kids" next season - if we are, it will signal for certain that the board are happy for us to go into freefall. Our current crop of youngsters have not kicked on from the NextGen triumph and will not feature greatly unless the board give in. Blooding them when they will play little part next season and are not good enough is pointless

We have the worst squad we've ever had in the PL.  Success is 80% down to recruitment and until Garde gets a chance to bring in his own players his abilities are difficult to judge. My personal belief is that he will become an excellent manager but sadly probably not with us

• Like 2

14 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

He whipped in a beautiful cross today in the 1st half.
Absolutely no-one was in the box and Gabby was just standing on the edge of the D thinking about pies.

For once. this is completely unfair to Gabby. 

Gabby had been the one who won the ball in the left-hand channel, and passed it to Cissokho, he absolutely didn't have time to get in the box. Gil, Veretout, Bacuna, one of them should have taken a chance and got there. But Gabby can't be in two places at once. 

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Worst manager in Villa history and no signs of improvement. a pathetic performance and still throws on the tried and tested shit like Sinclair and Gestede instead of some kids

at least Sherwood got us to a cup final and survival

and played a positive brand of football.

10 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I still think it all goes back to January. If the club had any ambition to stay up they surely would have helped Garde to bring in at least 1 striker. They failed to back him and he looks clinically fed up.

partridge300.png

• Like 1

With Benteke. 

People keep ignoring this as if it's some kind of side-issue. Anybody could get better results out of a team with Benteke in it. 

Agree. Same with the manager before Sherwood. Although he managed to create a side that made Benteke completely anonymous. Garde has got some right rubbish playing for him.

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

With Benteke. 

People keep ignoring this as if it's some kind of side-issue. Anybody could get better results out of a team with Benteke in it. 

but the previous manager before that didnt ;)

Edited by Zatman

Â