The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

He seems like a flower amongst a bundle of weeds.

until the weed killer has been administered, it could be difficult for him to flourish.

Its rare a flower can be fully appreciated being surrounded by so much uglyness.

Time will tell.

but right now, I look out of window and he is the only bit if hope, I have,for a brighter day.

We need more flowers to change the landscape.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Let's face it, Rémi hasn't been up to much as a manager so far, but his main asset is that he seems determined to stay.

Not sure many managers worth their salt would be willing to take us on in our current state.

serious case of Stockholm syndrome

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

serious case of Stockholm syndrome

Maybe they got his family locked up in the famous hotel room that once supposedly housed Whittingham, Defoe and all the others?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TRO said:

He seems like a flower amongst a bundle of weeds.

until the weed killer has been administered, it could be difficult for him to flourish.

Its rare a flower can be fully appreciated being surrounded by so much uglyness.

Time will tell.

but right now, I look out of window and he is the only bit if hope, I have,for a brighter day.

We need more flowers to change the landscape.

Wow, that's almost poetic.

Is it in fact a poem?

No idea what the "weed killer" is, though.

At the moment it seems there's just lots of people stomping around pulling up any remaining flowers.

17 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Is it in fact a poem?

At the moment it seems there's just lots of people stomping around pulling up any remaining flowers.

The weed killer is the removal of the bad eggs/ weeds....excepting one as immovable until he sells.

its just how it struck me.........all the uglyness.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Is it in fact a poem?

Exactly, if your talking inside the club.

Edited by TRO

On 20 February 2016 at 10:10, briny_ear said:

Let's face it, Rémi hasn't been up to much as a manager so far, but his main asset is that he seems determined to stay.

Not sure many managers worth their salt would be willing to take us on in our current state.

I would be reluctant to judge him on such a short period of time.....such a mammoth mess and no opportunity to change personnel.

The jury is still out for me, but I'm reluctant to judge him just yet.

It takes managers time to implement their philosophies.....even with a perfect platform.

ours is a cesspit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, onmeedson said:

The starting place for any manager should be Discipline and workrate, we have neither.

I agree, but at a club where there seems little in any area of the club....it must be difficult.

I'm not saying he can't be criticised, just saying ....I'm in doubt at any validity under the circumstances.

Edited by TRO

10 hours ago, onmeedson said:

The starting place for any manager should be Discipline and workrate, we have neither.

We have noticeably more than when Garde took over, anomalies like the Liverpool game aside.

31 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

We have noticeably more than when Garde took over, anomalies like the Liverpool game aside.

I don't think there's been that much. Ayew's elbow, Grealish on the piss after Everton and Lescott giving up during the game to allow Leicester to score are 3 big examples of lack of discipline. I'm sure we're still the team that's covered the least distance and apart from a couple of games I think our workrate has been pretty poor in most performances.

8 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I don't think there's been that much. Ayew's elbow, Grealish on the piss after Everton and Lescott giving up during the game to allow Leicester to score are 3 big examples of lack of discipline. I'm sure we're still the team that's covered the least distance and apart from a couple of games I think our workrate has been pretty poor in most performances.

I'm talking more about discipline in how we play, not stuff like Grealish and Ayew. That's a different kind of discipline.

The Lescott thing is a valid point, but we're a shit football team, you can't expect us to be perfect all the time. That's an individual error. 

Garde has improved us in that sense.

I'm almost certain that whilst we're still bottom of that stat, our workrate again has improved in matches over the season. 

I can also see that with my eyes, and not stats.

Â