The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

19 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

4-4-2 or we will continue to collect draws instead of wins

Which wingers should we play, Gabby, N'Zogbia or Sinclair? Our wide midfield options are somehow even worse than our striking options. Our full backs provide width not by choice but by necessity. 

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

You mean like today?

Ayew doesn't play close enough to the other striker so they are both isolated. 

How many more goals will Ayew score in our current system 4, 5 maybe. Who else will score? 

Grey & Little, Withe & Shaw, Savo and Yorke (well almost).

4-4-2 or we will continue to collect draws instead of wins

You mean like today?

I agree with him that Ayew is only nominally a striker. However, I don't know who in the squad is anywhere near good enough to play as a striker at this level. Even 1, never mind 2.

2 up top is a pipe dream. 1 up top is achievable but involves a tiny bit of ambition. I can only hope and prey Garde has earned it.

I don't watch the u21's,  but given how bad our options are upfront, would anyone give RHM a look in?

I won't fall into the "anyone would do better than (insert any of our forwards) trap" but he could maybe offer something different and a bit of match time could do him the world of good. 

47 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Ayew doesn't play close enough to the other striker so they are both isolated. 

How many more goals will Ayew score in our current system 4, 5 maybe. Who else will score? 

That's a problem with lack of personnel. Not the system.

Who are we going to use as two dedicated strikers? Especially with Gestede injured. We don't have one good striker, let alone two.

I guess this at least means our silly owner now realises our dislike for the  ginger one wasn't down to his SHA connection. 

Eric Black has a rotten CV. 

Not in terms of ability, I'm sure he's fine.

But he's worked at Blues and Sunderland under Steve Bruce, Blackburn under Steve Kean and Blackpool under Barry Ferguson :crylaugh:

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Eric Black has a rotten CV. 

Not in terms of ability, I'm sure he's fine.

But he's worked at Blues and Sunderland under Steve Bruce, Blackburn under Steve Kean and Blackpool under Barry Ferguson :crylaugh:

The most worrying thing, given that CV, is i don't see how Remi has even heard of the bloke, let alone picked him out as his choice of assistant. 

This has board interference written all over it. 

1 minute ago, av1 said:

The most worrying thing, given that CV, is i don't see how Remi has even heard of the bloke, let alone picked him out as his choice of assistant. 

This has board interference written all over it. 

I wouldn't jump to that conclusion.

It's entirely possible that Remi wants an assistant and had a choice of candidates and he chose Black. Just because he wasn't the first person he thought of doesn't mean he's not the one he ended up choosing.

I would wonder who the candidates were though if Eric Black came out on top.

But then again I always think the job of assistant is very much misunderstood by football fans. I don't think any of us know what they really do.

Â