The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

The things you mentioned there, regarding Gabby and Grealish, I really like those about him. I think those two examples in particular point to him having quite a strong mind, not taking any bullshit despite a relatively calm exterior. I also liked that he got caught up in the mind games at the weekend, we could use a little siege mentality if only to make things interesting. 

I agree. He showed a little darker side to his personality the weekend. Somehow I don't think he is the push over many feel he is either. I personally think he will now believe he has given all the players(bar Kozak) a fair chance to at least show their worth to the team. I think the Norwich and Sunderland games will have enforced to him the fact many need replacing and we may see him become far more ruthless between now and the end of the season due to this. At least I hope so!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I think the idea that MOST of our players don't look interested in playing for him is absolute bollocks, frankly. 

I'm not suggesting he's doing a good job or that their confidence isn't shot to absolute shittery, but I don't see this same "lack of effort" as others do. 

Was a half decent piece on talk sport about villa just a short while ago.  Got all the points right about us, and they rounded off with the players not lacking the want to try...they're simply not good enough.

They made some interesting points that this was even apparent in pre season.

Just saw a video on FB of the team boarding the coach after the Sunderland game. Remi and the whole team ( aside from Gil who was clapped) glt absolute Pelter's from the travelling fans. 

5 minutes ago, av1 said:

Just saw a video on FB of the team boarding the coach after the Sunderland game. Remi and the whole team ( aside from Gil who was clapped) glt absolute Pelter's from the travelling fans. 

Can you post it here please. Only seen the footage recorded from inside the entrance.

9 minutes ago, bradarmstrong_ said:

Can you post it here please. Only seen the footage recorded from inside the entrance.

Edit.

Posted below.

Edited by av1

Wenger said that taking the Villa job would be a gamble and so it has proved for both Garde and for our football club. He is now the second most likely PL manager to leave with Corals at 4/1 after LvG.

Is that because the bookies suspect our "custodian" will pull the trigger on another manager to try to deflect criticism from himself again? Or because they guess Garde will resign when he is not backed to bring in his own players during this transfer window? Or they expect Garde will walk away when he accepts our relegation is inevitable as our poor run of results continues? Or because they anticipate we will look for a different manager to seek promotion next season on a significantly lower wage than our present boss? These are my 4 likely reasons in the order that I see them.    

4 minutes ago, bradarmstrong_ said:

Uploaded to YouTube.

Seen nothing in tha last ten games or so and don't expect to see anything in the next ten. 

Players don't even want to play for him on the evidence seen of late. 

Some would say lost the dressing room but he never even won it on seen efforts 

Was always gonna be a mug punt from our massively under qualified board and charlatan advisers. 

Tom Fox & Co, You complete and utter bunch of pricks, Your an embarrassment to this club and the world of football. 

Couldnt run a pig up an alley way with a big stick. 

Edited by Kingman

13 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

The person that should be hearing that level of abuse is sat in a plush penthouse in Americaland.

Garde didn't deserve that, and you can see on his face he looked surprised by it. 

• Like 1

Â