12 Team Fantasy Premier League Draft Style

maqroll

So annoyed at myself. Had it in my head you could sub players in manually during the weekend so left all my spurs and palace players on the bench and put Baines and Bacuna in my starting xi in case they played... now I'm stuck with them and have lost my match :angry: 

I've lost mine.

Not sure I'm enjoying the scoring system on this game. It just seems too random.

I mean, I know it's not random, but I mean you get points for random things.

Oh well. We go again

(also, I had Bojan on the bench because I gambled that Pedro would do more vs Norwich. Error.)

Edited by Stevo985

I know this is easy for me to say because I'm doing well, but I really like the scoring system, and would like it anyway even if I weren't winning (:P). It's good that it covers (nearly) every aspect of a player's involvement. It just means we need to rethink who are the 'best' players, ie. players who are really involved are better even if they don't win. I still got a pretty good score out of Steven Davis even though Soton lost, because he's always on the ball for them. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, maqroll said:

you picked him up fair and square

unless you had a deal in mind?

but i couldn't just take him back

No, didn't have a deal in mind although i'll always be open to one.

It's only you i'd offer him back to because he was yours to begin with and there was a lot of confusion over what was best to do with a player like him in that situation.

I just figured that I've got one player, initially Nasri, who hasn't started a game this season and is unlikely to, sat on my bench taking up space, so why not have a better player on my bench.

I did also file a waiver claim for him but once I saw he was free I took it instead but for some strange reason I couldn't drop Nasri so had to drop Song.

I like the scoring system as it requires players to be fully involved in the game to rack up lots of points. An example being the Arsenal game this weekend, Giroud scored a goal but did very little in the game apart from that and only got 7 points. Whereas Alexis Sanchez didn't score or assist but worked his socks off to try and win the game and got 24 points. You have to think about the total performance and how much a player will try and get involved in the game.

I'm unconvinced.

It makes it too hard to predict who will do well. And surely that's part of the fun?

We'll see how it plays out. Maybe it's because I've lost 2 games out of 3. But still, the scoring doesn't seem much good to me.

I agree with Steveo and I've won all 3 of mine and i'm still unconvinced. It seems erratic.

I think the weighting of points is the issue, for example I watched the Spurs vs West Ham game and up until Spurs conceded Lloris was on 18 points according to the live Togga update. I found that bizarre as he hadn't really done a whole lot but as soon as Spurs conceded he dropped to 4.25. 

Another example during the Watford vs Man Utd game.

Ighalo gets 19 points for doing very little but Deeney gets 9.5 even though he scored and contributed massively in defensive situations. I'm assuming Ighalo got an assist maybe for winning the penalty?

Also prior to Deeney being attributed with the own goal he was on a crazy amount of points. I can't remember exactly what it was but I remember looking at it and thinking the numbers didn't make sense.

I really enjoyed the draft and I maintain that next season if we do this again and we're drafting blind it will make for a much better experience.

27 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm unconvinced.

It makes it too hard to predict who will do well. And surely that's part of the fun?

We'll see how it plays out. Maybe it's because I've lost 2 games out of 3. But still, the scoring doesn't seem much good to me.

It's not really hard to predict. Players who score, assist and keep clean sheets will do best. My two highest scorers by far were Lukaku (2 goals) and Eriksen (2 assists), just like they would be in FPL. Howard scored more than Koscielny, Van Dijk and Rojo because he kept a clean sheet. This is exactly the same as FPL, the only difference is that instead of every other player getting a blanket '2 points', there is some variation according to Opta's view on how well they played. This makes sense to me - Son played well in a side that won 4-1, but wasn't directly involved in the goals, and got a similar score to Lanzini who scored in a side that lost 4-1. But ultimately, if your players don't score or assist, you're not going to do well across the weekend. 

I think Delofeu has thrown me off. I was positive he got at least one assist against us, so was frustrated that he only had 8 points.

But I've checked his stats on Togga and apparently he didn't get an assist.

Edit: I'm assuming Togga doesn't count a shot that's saved and somebody scores from the rebound as an assist, because Delofeu definitely had one of them.

Edited by Stevo985

Yeah, when I took a look at your side, the one score that surprised me was Deulofeu because I thought he'd been very involved, but FPL haven't given him an assist either, so he just got 3 points for a brilliant performance on there too. That one's unlucky - maybe he didn't get a good score on the defensive side because he didn't have to do any defending?

I do like how much broader the scoring is in this game i'm just not 100% convinced that it is applied as accurately as it should be.

What I do like is the matchups. I like that even though you might have a poor scoring week as a team you can still win your match if your opponent does even worse.

Â