Demitri_C

5 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

fuck you GIF

Once was pretty funny. 

In a topic about children being bullied by a person who had power of them, posting 2 of them is a bit much. 

If you're happy being that person then carry on though. 

4 hours ago, DCJonah said:

The 90/10 comment implies that he treated everyone the same and that these were just his methods. That to me takes away from him being a bully and its not something that should be done, especially after a national media investigation, an internal club investigation and finally losing his job. A bully doesn't treat everyone the same, a bully picks on individuals. I find diminishing that, especially when it comes to kids, pretty offensive.

He also implied that players not making it and being frustrated played a part in this, as i can't see why else he would make such a random statement in this topic. I find shifting some of the blame onto the victims pretty offensive to be honest. 

And then when called out on it he responds in the usual take the piss way i've seen in other topics. That's where it comes from. 

Not many others have tried to lessen what has been done. I think its wrong to do so. 

Gareth Farrelly has had a good career, he's had international caps.

You don't know the details of the bullying, he may, or may not have singled people out, keep guessing and assuming though.

I've known and played with people who were dropped out of the Nottingham Forest academy, who were in the same team as Michael Dawson and a right back I can't remember the name of.. (edit. James Perch!) et al. I've been to a few training sessions at professional clubs (not joined in unfortunately!).  Ive played at kids level and have had arm yanked in a direction because I was positioned in the wrong place, I've been yelled at for letting the ball drop on the floor, not heading it, I've been yelled at for my hamstring breaking down after returning from a hamstring injury, I've been yelled at for turning my back to a shot which was gonna hit me in the face.  That's bullying looking back.  I certainly don't know the level of abuse KMac subjected the youth players at villa, but I do know what humiliation feels like.  It wasn't enough for me to have suicidal thoughts, but I suppose those experiences could have made other people feel worse (I considered quitting several times). 

My point is, is I know people who have been let go just as first team football was coming into sight, I know the sacrifices these 14, 15 year olds have to make.  To be let go at that late of a point, is horrible and could cause depression (and more).

I'm not posting again, because it's utterly pointless. Obviously I advocate bullying.

Edited by lapal_fan

8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Once was pretty funny. 

In a topic about children being bullied by a person who had power of them, posting 2 of them is a bit much. 

If you're happy being that person then carry on though. 

Thanks.

inbetweeners dancing GIF

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Gareth Farrelly has had a good career, he's had international caps.

You don't know the details of the bullying, he may, or may not have singled people out, keep guessing and assuming though.

I've known and played with people who were dropped out of the Nottingham Forest academy, who were in the same team as Michael Dawson and a right back I can't remember the name of.. et al. I've been to a few training sessions at professional clubs (not joined in unfortunately!).  Ive played at kids level and have had arm yanked in a direction because I was positioned in the wrong place, I've been yelled at for letting the ball drop on the floor, not heading it, I've been yelled at for my hamstring breaking down after returning from a hamstring injury, I've been yelled at for turning my back to a shot which was gonna hit me in the face.  That's bullying looking back.  I certainly don't know the level of abuse KMac subjected the youth players at villa, but I do know what humiliation feels like.  It wasn't enough for me to have suicidal thoughts, but I suppose those experiences could have made other people feel worse (I considered quitting several times). 

My point is, is I know people who have been let go just as first team football was coming into sight, I know the sacrifices these 14, 15 year olds have to make.  To be let go at that late of a point, is horrible and could cause depression (and more).

I'm not posting again, because it's utterly pointless. Obviously I advocate bullying.

From an article in the guardian last year. 

"a Premier League investigation found MacDonald guilty of bullying a young Villa player in 2015 and 2016"

A young player. Not all young players. 

Then you have the individuals that have come forward in the last few years. 

You keep ignoring the facts though, very.... oh no can't say the word, it makes me limited. 

20 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

From an article in the guardian last year. 

"a Premier League investigation found MacDonald guilty of bullying a young Villa player in 2015 and 2016"

A young player. Not all young players. 

Then you have the individuals that have come forward in the last few years. 

You keep ignoring the facts though, very.... oh no can't say the word, it makes me limited. 

IBeg Your Pudding Dark Place GIF - IBegYourPudding DarkPlace GIFs

• Haha 2

Haha

Your posts show you up more than I ever could. 

A nice place to leave it. Glad there is no part of me that feels the need to diminish the actions of people like Mcdonald. Surprised there are people out there that do. But as i said previously, its why these people get away with it for so long. But hey you got a laugh from your buddy so well worth it in your daily achievements i'm sure. 

Found guilty of bullying a child in 2015 and not sacked for another 4 years. 

• Haha 1

I'll bow out. 

K Mac is a despicable person. The club failed in its duty to protect children in its care. Purslow gets credit from me for finally doing something about it. 

Fair play to the victims coming forward to ensure he doesn't do this again. 

Hopefully his name will be completely forgotten and have no association with the club in the future. 

Edited by DCJonah

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I'll bow out. 

K Mac is a despicable person. The club failed in its duty to protect children in its care. Purslow gets credit from me for finally doing something about it. 

Fair play to the victims coming forward to ensure he doesn't do this again. 

Hopefully his name will be completely forgotten and have no association with the club in the future. 

Yep, I 100% agree.

1 minute ago, Ingram85 said:

If misdirection to make others look bad is a permanent opportunity then it's never truly over. 

I've skin like a frickin' rhino. 

I'll be on a Dove advert soon, showing fellow humans that it's entirely ok to be yourself, as long as you are kind, loving and caring to fellow humans. I'll probably be naked and cupping my breasts, with my bottom on show. 

LOVE THE SKIN YOU'RE IN, SISTER!

Kisses GIF - Kiss Kisses KissMark GIFs

8 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Me reading this thread trying to work out whether Lapal is a bully sympathiser or not

giphy.gif

If i implied that then i apologise. I don't think that. 

I think that some of the views and posts diminish what I believe is a really serious issue. 

Maybe i'm getting too annoyed by it. But this is kids being bullied by adults and growing up to have suicidal thoughts and depression. I can live with getting angry about that and things related to it. 

• Like 1

Having read the last few pages safe to say that if the posts were the same but written by different posters then the reactions would be completely different. Bullying is bullying one of it's hallmarks is victimizing individuals and making them feel singled out, so of course only a few 

• Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

Yeah, you're right. I shouldn't have posted that. He's not defending him. I think he is diminishing what's been done with some of his views on it. 

I do respect your opinion but I dont think he has. We've all to a man pretty much agreed he is a bully, he's been dealt with and that it's unfortunate it's taken this long. Your last post that @Designer1quoted was bang on and I guarantee @lapal_fan, @Paddywhackand myself absolutely agree with you.

• Like 2

Â