Ratings and Reactions: Villa v Swansea

limpid

Match Poll  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Manager's Performance

2. 2. Refereeing Performance

Haha, it's actually pretty hilarious. 

Ah well. I feel nothing for Villa anymore. So I'm glad Swansea won as I backed them at 16/1 when we went 1-0. 

So happy days :)

You feel nothing for Villa? Our club is better off without you. Goodbye!

It already is without me. Lost me at some point I can't really put my finger on. But a childhood decision to follow this pathetic club has ended. 

I think the key reason was because football is a very boring sport, which I simply cannot watch 90 minutes of. 

If you decide to follow a new team, make sure it's someone like United who will never ever ever do worse than upper mid-table.

Best result all around today. Winning and keeping Sherwood was always going to be the worst case scenario. Losing and ******* him off was always going to be the best result.

Drawing and keeping him would've been even worse.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 3

At 1-0 I thought maybe but unfortunately our game management is so poor. Richards stupid to give that free-kick away. Guzan bad positioning for the free-kick. Lescott is a liability. Ultimately the manager is responsible for results and so I now agree its time for Tim to go.

Guzan - 5 - Was unsighted for the free kick and left a huge gap, couldn't have made it easier for Sigturdsson (pathtic dive) unless he'd walked off the pitch

Hutton - 7 - Did well defensively but can't cross

Richards - 6 - Plays with his heart on his sleeve, but is losing his head too often and his positioning. Made it too easy for Sigturdsson to sell the foul.

Lescott - 2 - How many suicidal balls and bad control gave them chances? If we were playing a better team he would have single handedly have given them 4 assists. 

Richardson - 5 - Good until the last 20 minutes when he went to shite

Gana - 6 - Did ok in good spells but tired at the end

Bacuna - 6 - Best he's played this season, but still not the logical choice in that position

Ayew - 8 - Was superb, didn't deserve to be on the losing side

Gestede - 5 - So slow getting into position

Grealish - 6 - Played a part in the goal but not a classic from him

Agbonlahor - 6 - Class assist, nothing else

Gil - 6 - Struggled to get involved 

Traore - as above

Edited by VillanousOne

Haha, it's actually pretty hilarious. 

Ah well. I feel nothing for Villa anymore. So I'm glad Swansea won as I backed them at 16/1 when we went 1-0. 

So happy days [emoji4]

You feel nothing for Villa? Our club is better off without you. Goodbye!

It already is without me. Lost me at some point I can't really put my finger on. But a childhood decision to follow this pathetic club has ended. 

I think the key reason was because football is a very boring sport, which I simply cannot watch 90 minutes of. 

If you decide to follow a new team, make sure it's someone like United who will never ever ever do worse than upper mid-table.

Best result all around today. Winning and keeping Sherwood was always going to be the worst case scenario. Losing and ******* him off was always going to be the best result.

Drawing and keeping him would've been even worse.

Winning and keeping him would have been the absolute worst scenario.

He needs to go so we need need to act as swiftly as possible and get the new man in as we play a week on Monday, give him as long as possible with the players.

First job: drop Richardson and Lescott. Where was KR for their winner???

Ayew our best player. Gana was tenacious. Bacuna and Hutton did alright. Why aren't we getting crosses in for Gestede?

How would winning and keeping him be worse than drawing and keeping him?

Because winning would have given our braindead board the impression that he was good at his job and they would have given him even longer in post. A defeat was the best result. Please don't reply to anymore of my posts as debating with you gets me into trouble with the mods for some strange reason!

Seemed like Sherwood was blaming the players in his post match, to me. Lost the dressing room maybe? Certainly not going to get them playing for him, with the interviews he's been giving. 

• Like 1

How would winning and keeping him be worse than drawing and keeping him?

Because winning would have given our braindead board the impression that he was good at his job and they would have given him even longer in post. A defeat was the best result. Please don't reply to anymore of my posts as debating with you gets me into trouble with the mods for some strange reason!

I would probably agree that a win may have been worse long term than a defeat but I'm talking about a draw. You do know that football games can sometimes end in draws, right? What I'm saying is that a draw and Sherwood staying in his job would've been even worse. At least with a win we would've had 2 extra points.

Edited by Mantis

Man for man our starting eleven isn't relegation material against others in the league, but the lack of movement, awareness, teamwork today was frightening. There was one instance where we had a throw and absolutely no one was moving for it? Fundamentals! We're not doing the basics right, at all.

• Like 3

Â