Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

Signing players like Shelvey and Townsend is the sign of board still fighting to stay in the Premiership.

Signing players like Afobe and Rhodes could be the sign of a board that have accepted relegation is highly likely, but are planning for life in the Championship. 

Doing nothing with one fit (and crap) striker at the club, whilst our accountant tell us we won't be spending, is the sign of a board that simply don't care. 

Its disgraceful.

Edited by av1

'Crystal Palace are set to complete the signing of striker Emmanuel Adebayor in the next few hours, according to the the London Evening Standard'

So all bottom teams signing strikers to try and keep them up... Our board really have given up , haven't they ?

I'm not saying we should sign Adebayor but, surely someone.... it is remotely possible for us to stay up

It would be no use, trying to sign Rhodes with a view to him playing for us in the championship next season. If he leaves Blackburn it'll be to play in the Premier this season and next, not to play in the division he's already in.

I like how they didnt do the meeting after the janaury transfer window. i dont believe for a second we cant attract players. it doenst take much to better than some of these players?

i definitely think that loser lerner has given up

3 minutes ago, useless said:

It would be no use, trying to sign Rhodes with a view to him playing for us in the championship next season. If he leaves Blackburn it'll be to play in the Premier this season and next, not to play in the division he's already in.

Can't agree mate. As pointed out above Rhodes hasn't been taken by a Premiership club for a reason, and o don't think that is going to change. 

If he came to Villa it would be:

A) to try and prove he can do it in the PL for a couple of months.

B ) Aston Villa is a bigger club than Blackburn and he may feel has more chance of coming back up next year. 

There is no way on earth (IMO) Rhodes would turn down a move to us. The reason we wouldn't get him is because our Blackburn would want more than a bag of nuts. 

22 minutes ago, useless said:

£12M for Townsend isn't that much. He's not that bad of a player.

You're right, and if we signed him and he provided the crosses for a strikers to score with (something sorely missed at Villa) and keeps us up he'd be worth his weight in gold to this club. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, av1 said:

Can't agree mate. As pointed out above Rhodes hasn't been taken by a Premiership club for a reason, and o don't think that is going to change. 

If he came to Villa it would be:

A) to try and prove he can do it in the PL for a couple of months.

B ) Aston Villa is a bigger club than Blackburn and he may feel has more chance of coming back up next year. 

There is no way on earth (IMO) Rhodes would turn down a move to us. The reason we wouldn't get him is because our Blackburn would want more than a bag of nuts. 

If Rhodes leaves Blackburn it'll be to play in the Premier league, he won't want to come here and risk ending up back in the Championship next season. If he does come here and does as well as we'd hope then another Prem team will be in for him anyway, if we're relegated. Besides all that if we had the money required to sign him then there would be better options for us, and I don't think he's the type of player Garde would sign anyway. I haven't seen heaps of him but from what I've heard he's in a similar mold to Bent. If we were going to spend big money on a championship striker then Afobe would have been the player to go for.

Townsend and Shelvey for £24 million? There is a market for second-hand players and bottom 6 teams are in a constant short-term cycle of over paying for this calibre of player, with the sole intention of remaining in the league. We it seems have decided not to be a part of this and will be relegated for it. I only hope that our longer term aim is to return to the premier league and be ins such a position that we never have to splash £24 mill on this type of player in January ever again.

• Like 1

Adebayor hasn't played in a year, would be on massive wages, is possibly still mentally unstable from the affairs with his family.

That signing could go either way, I'm guessing not good

Agree on all points except the first. 

If Rhodes can't get a move to the PL he will move to a championship club that gives him a better chance of promotion than Blackburn. IMO. 

I imagine it will be Remy on loan or nothing.

But you never know, the club might pull something completely left field and sign some inexpensive guy no one has even heard of.

55 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

He's very good at conning people into thinking even Spurs rejects are worth top dollar that's for sure.

Credit to Lerner though, he doesn't tend to sell our prize assets on the cheap, apart from the scaly one.

but thats the thing, we could have got more money for the players we sold in the market. Collins 3 million, Lowton probably less, Routledge about 500k

17 minutes ago, sne said:

I imagine it will be Remy on loan or nothing.

But you never know, the club might pull something completely left field and sign some inexpensive guy no one has even heard of.

we will probably sign the 4th top scorer in the Icelandic 3rd division in 2005

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

all the moaning about our board giving up..... where were you the past 2 months when several were arguing on here that it would be the best plan for our future and that anyone who thought differently was deluded?

Doing absolutely nothing is not a plan, or at best a very poor one. 

When people were arguing that the board should be planning for the future, that involved giving ourselves the best possible chance of promotion at the first attempt. Which meant identifying, recruiting and integrating players into the squad in readiness for next season. Whilst getting rid of those players not in next year plans in order to change the atmosphere around the place.

Sitting on your hands and employing some poor accountant to CIT cost further and  to take the brunt of the flak for not spending is not a  plan. 

Edited by av1

36 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

all the moaning about our board giving up..... where were you the past 2 months when several were arguing on here that it would be the best plan for our future and that anyone who thought differently was deluded?

I saw no such opinions,  perhaps you quote them for context. 

I was going to clarify what I think people were actually saying but I think av! has done that nicely

3 minutes ago, Richard said:

I saw no such opinions,  perhaps you quote them for context. 

I was going to clarify what I think people were actually saying but I think av! has done that nicely

Sorry, I have a job.    I'll just count my memories as hallucinations and move on.  But I do remember my hallucination where posters put that it was a waste of money to spend anything this window.