Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

2 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Newcaslte spunking £12 million on Andros Townsend.

Well played Mr Levy, well played.

There is never an "everything must go" sale with him is there? Everything coming out is top dollar and he gets clubs to pay it. 

19 minutes ago, supermon said:

Shelvey and Townsend are good additions in my opinion, not sure what Swansea are playing at selling Shelvey and potentially selling Ayew

Selling Ayew!?

Found the story. Incredible. Only us (bottom teams) doing nothing!

Edited by DK82

3 minutes ago, John said:

There is never an "everything must go" sale with him is there? Everything coming out is top dollar and he gets clubs to pay it. 

He's very good at conning people into thinking even Spurs rejects are worth top dollar that's for sure.

Credit to Lerner though, he doesn't tend to sell our prize assets on the cheap, apart from the scaly one.

19 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

With the amount of money Newcastle have spent they will be in serious trouble if they do go down. 

What if they stay up though? 

Speculate to accumulate and all that. Fair play to Newcastle, at least they look like they're trying to protect their Premier League status. The towel was thrown in by Lerner a long time ago. 

6 minutes ago, DK82 said:

I don't rate Townsend that highly, but I wish we'd go spend 25m on two players to try and stay up.

That'd be bloody marvelous. I fear though that in our biggest time of need we'll have our worst January window under him and I expected nothing less.

1 minute ago, avfc1982 said:

What if they stay up though? 

Speculate to accumulate and all that. Fair play to Newcastle, at least they look like they're trying to protect their Premier League status. The towel was thrown in by Lerner a long time ago. 

Id rather we were more proactive about it and Newcastle are giving themselves a good chance of staying up. However if they do go down then they will have major financial problems.

Just now, sexbelowsound said:

That'd be bloody marvelous. I fear though that in our biggest time of need we'll have our worst January window under him and I expected nothing less.

I think they will be happy to take us down (or happy not to fight it) in order to get rid of a lot of players, build on the cheap using players such as Roofe at Oxford, and then have a tiny wage budget, tiny transfer fund and so on. Doug was living in the 60s during the 90s, Lerner and co are now living in the 80s and 90s, so we have progressed! Just not in the way a football club should. We're in big trouble.

55 minutes ago, deeps said:

Ayew will be on silly wages at Swansea! Plus he won't come here.

Remy? No chance.

Rhodes is one we should look at purely due to his record in the league below which we will be stuck in for years to come.

Disagree of having no chance with Remy. It's been said that he will be allowed to go out on loan if Pato joins and the fact that Garde spoke openly in the press about him would indicate Remy would have some interest.

• Like 1