Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

28 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Could also mean they'll not let anyone go if they can't replace them. We'd probably have to pay well over the odds to make them sell.

They're heavily linked with another CF if he can't get in now with 3 other CF injured he's got no chance I know it's a pipe dream but.....

Rumours suggesting Liverpool will look to offload Christian Benteke this month are wide off the mark.

With Aston Villa desperate for a striker there have been some suggestions that last season’s saviour could return to the Midlands on loan but that will not be happening

from the Evening Mail

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/watch-aston-villa-man-gregg-10784157

Benteke returning is never going to happen. This is the guy who wanted to leave us after one season, it would be great if some of us stopped pining over him and moved on.

He was great when he was in our colours for three seasons but he's #YNWA now so **** him. Come Valentine's Day they'll be quite a lot of love bubbles burst.

Edited by Spray

1 hour ago, sne said:

It's purpose would be to make it seem like we did all we could but due to reasons out of our control it didn't work out.

Bidding for a player that is not interested or can't get a permit makes look like we worked hard, but since it will never happen it means we won't have to spend money. But can still save face.

A cynics way of looking at things. I for one firmly believe that the Clint Dempsey story a few years back falls into this category 

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Not that I think it's the case in this instance but it's the old Doug tactic to try and placate the fans.

It sure would be a new spin on an old Villa ploy although I think our current owner and his new bean counter have shown no desire to try to placate us. Another example from the past was our former owner matching Chelsea's £11m bid for Lampard shortly after it had been made public that he had agreed to move from West Ham to Chelsea. That was another not so close call... 

57 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Benteke back, even for a short time, would be awesome. 

I honestly think if he came back just until the end of the season I think we can stay up. The mood of the club will change so much it would be incredible. Gurantee it would create a Bent type "buzz" I think he would come back to help us on loan

get it done Remi and Fox!!!!!!!!!!

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I honestly think if he came back just until the end of the season I think we can stay up. The mood of the club will change so much it would be incredible. Gurantee it would create a Bent type "buzz" I think he would come back to help us on loan

get it done Remi and Fox!!!!!!!!!!

Agree with the thinking but it really won't be happening

2 hours ago, gharperr said:

1 & 2 are obviously factors out of remi's hands (and likely the clubs). Also probably 3

Where have I suggested that they are in his hands?

11 minutes ago, dukes said:

Don't let the facts get in the way of agenda. You're being far too reasonable.

What agenda would that be? Seems to me the ones with an agenda are both of you who have not read my post and believe,  incorrectly,  it is having a go at the manager.

1 hour ago, guyavfc said:

Just to add to the Benteke topic. I live in Liverpool and I heard some of the lecturers talking (one is a Villa fan and the other does some work for Liverpool FC) and apparently Benteke would like a loan move to Villa to help build some form before the Euros and also help Villa out too. Only problem is Liverpool would need a replacement as they are very short up front.

I would love to think that Benteke would like to help his old club out in its time of need but I doubt that would be a motivation for him now although it is much more likely that he would see it that way than would the snake. Both will be back at Villa Park shortly but it will be with their new clubs not in our shirt.   

16 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

lRemi gave Rachid Ghezzal his first contract at Lyon and is valued around 2 mill. Plus i dreamed we signed an Alegerian forward.

I knew it.  Now to dream the lotto numbers

Remi Garde was spotted at Sunday's Ligue 1 clash between Lyon and Marseille and SiaS understands he was watching winger Rachid Ghezzal.

The Villa boss is keen to add some more attacking options to his relegation-threatened Villa squad before next Monday's transfer deadline, having seen his side score just 11 goals in 14 games since taking charge.
Garde returned to his former club at the weekend to scout potential additions, with the sides placed eighth and ninth in Le Championnat battling out a 1-1 draw at the Parc Olympique Lyonnais.
Algeria international Ghezzal is a player who was promoted to the Lyon first team in 2012 by Garde, having originally been playing in the Lyon reserve team, and he played 85 minutes on Sunday.
The 23-year-old has made just three starts in the league so far this term, but did score in Lyon's 4-1 thumping of Troyes earlier this month and also scored twice in the 7-0 cup win at Limoges.
The Villa boss was one of several Premier League representatives at the match, with Marseille forward Georges N'Kouduo also catching the eye.

http://www.sportinastorm.com/Premier-League/Aston-Villa/Villa-boss-eyes-old-club-raid/X1Y2Z2048625#sthash.jSAcF1GX.dpuf

Edited by HeyAnty
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, av1 said:

If we have the sort of money required for Rhodes (which I doubt) I'd rather go all out for Andre Gray. We were linked with him a couple of months ago. 

Mirror story from November

Andre Gray cannot play for 3 clubs in a season so would be pointless anyone buying him now. Already played twice for Brentford and signed for Burnley at end of August.

He wouldn't be able to sign for anyone until Summer and will more than likely be in Premier League again.

Edited by Villan4Life