Ratings and Reactions: Chelsea v Villa

limpid

Match Poll  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Manager's Performance

2. 2. Refereeing Performance

I thought on the whole we weren't bad today. We lacked a cutting edge but other than a Guzan f**k up and an unlucky deflection we were in it.

• Like 2

Can't pin this one on the manager, I don't think. I've been more critical of Tim than I was of Lambert but I think we looked OK today. A lot of that has to do with Chelsea not firing recently and a couple of their big players sitting out but the players at least looked more committed, and the system we employed being half decent for once.

Special shout out to that turd of a ref as well, probably inconsequential on the result overall but what a complete **** clown he was. 

Guzan: 3 - Mistakes like the one today no longer seem to be one offs, plus his form this season has been pretty average all round. I don't know if Bunn is the answer either or if there would be a point to recalling 'never had a good game in the shirt but only 23 which is young for a keeper' Jed, but surely he has to be dropped.

Hutton: 6 - Has an ok game, some good runs forward - beat their left back a few times.

Richards: 6 - Wins most tackles and headers but does get caught out of position a lot

Lescott: 5 - Was actually playing a lot better until Guzan volleyed a ball at him that he didn't clear or control. Still prefer Clark or Okore.

Richardson: 6 - Less of a defensive liability than Amavi but offered little going fwd despite some good runs.

Gueye: 5 - I do rate him, but I felt today he passed back or sideways to often and sat too deep - maybe that's his role. But we already have Westwood having sod all impact we really don't need two players in that mould.

Westwood: 5 - Paste every performance rating from ever game this season here.

Gil: 6 - Often crowded out and playing too deep, but still had some nice exchanges with Grealish. Not sure his set pieces are that great either even if they are better than Westwoods.

Grealish: 6 - Superb in the first half but faded in the second, had plenty of threat and perhaps unlucky not get a few more shots on target.

Ayew: 6 - Seemed to play the Gabby role better than Gabby, just struggled to find any end product, still showed some promise. 

Gestede: 5 - Did have a few nice lay offs, but mostly isolated up front and hardly any decent set pieces to feed off.

Subs: Amavi - Not enough time to rate but still enough time on the pitch for one suicidal defensive moment

Traore - Tried to steam roll through players, and ended up falling over a lot and giving the ball away. Needs to pass more if he doesn't want to end up the new Nzogbia!

• Like 1

I chose to go shopping with the missus instead of watching this rubbish. It's the first game I've voluntarily missed in years and I can honestly say it was more more enjoyable walking through H&M than the inevitable depressing toilet that this shithouse club serves up every week.

How did Ramires not get a yellow card? 5 fouls he made and all were worse than Ayew tackle on him

Wasn't just him, it was pretty much their entire midfield, any counter we had they committed a soft cynical foul rather than poor challenge, you could see it wound grealish up

Thought the ref was poor in general, a day of if you lose the ball fall over and win a free kick, horrible modern football

Only 2 pages of reactions to a game that only finished yesterday?! I think that sums up the mood. It was a poor game. Villa in fairness were not that bad- it was an improvement on Stoke. Which isn't saying a lot. The first 30 mins we bossed it and Chavksi looked nervous. Had we scored a early goal it might have been an interesting afternoon. I thought it was a reasonable formation by Sherwood and they didn't really worry us apart from a Loftus-Cheek shot, until Guzan gave them a goal. Then it was all over and the second one was unlucky. Chelsea looked very average and a better side than us could have got something from that match. The major worry was Grealish who had a poor game and our inability to cross the ruddy ball in either open play or set pieces to Gestade.

4 points adrift it's starting to look serious. Swansea is a big game next week. I was pleased with the unity of the fans and the players coming over at the end. We need some of that on Saturday, regardless if you think Sherwood is a prat or not.

How has it come to this again?

Hmmm, I've been giving Tim some stick lately, and deservedly so, but he needs a couple more games as maybe he's turning this turd around?

Wouldn't bother me if Guzan and Lescott never played again. We are so lucky we signed Micah Richards, he is a proper player. This Gestede reliance doesnt look like its going to be enough for survival let alone mid table. 

the thread was locked until late in the day due to a glitch that meant no-one could reply

Members can start any threads in a match forum. We'll tidy up afterwards if there's a technical glitch. No-one started another which speaks volumes.

the thread was locked until late in the day due to a glitch that meant no-one could reply

Members can start any threads in a match forum. We'll tidy up afterwards if there's a technical glitch. No-one started another which speaks volumes.

wasn't a criticism just a statement of fact

and agreed most people are probably tired of rating our players... when you can only be negative week in week out what's the point

• Like 1