Midweek football 28 September/1October

andykeenan

not sure about Sevilla have been woeful this season so far plus have a player in Navas who shines best in that stadium

So have 'Gladbach and they should've been 3 up. Sevilla have more quality in the final third and you'd imagine will be in better form in a few weeks.

How do all these major sides fail to win against these smaller teams with players that wouldn't even start in the championship? I can understand Tottenham's draw cause Monaco's team is pretty decent, but Liverpool and Dortmund tying? A lot clubs from the 2nd tier leagues like Czech, Denmark, Holland, etc don't struggle nearly as much as the apparent best clubs in these tournaments. 

Liverpool used a B team. They don't play together and they're also mainly the lesser players. Add that to the fact the Premier League is clearly not what it thinks it is and you've a recipe for an underwhelming result.

I notice that Matthew Benham's Moneyball Midtjylland went to Club Bruges and sauntered to a 3-1 win. They're also top in Denmark at the moment (not going quite so well for his Brentford side though).

Liverpool may as well focus on the europa league

They won't be getting in the champions league anyway 

About ten of us in the pub just chatting about it, it seems so glaringly obvious for both them and Spurs but I bet neither of them take it seriously again

Europa League is trash, a club looking to aspire to a decent league finish and avoid injuries should just as well skip it. The one thing MON may have gotten right was tanking in Moscow. Didn't ultimately work out for us, but it was probably the right decision at the time.

Edited by maqroll

Sion lost to the bottom club at home saturday. The Premier League is grossly overrated.

I'm not sure overrating the prem is the problem, it's that english clubs clearly can't motivate themselves for the Europa league.

Liverpool would obviously have easily beaten Sion if they actually gave a shit.about the tournament.

Â