Midweek football 28 September/1October

andykeenan

It seemed like the ball crossed the line ever so slightly. I'm watching the Bayern game and Lewandowski's goal was maybe a couple of centimeters over the line and the ref said it was in, but it was close. Goal line technology really should be in these matches. 

Well,  the quality at the top of the Premier League really isn't that good is it? 

Though,  i am getting a bit sick of the constant sarcastic "best league in the world"  comments by people all over the Internet.  It may not have the best teams in the world but it's certainly one of the most entertaining  leagues to watch. 

• Like 1

I think the comments are justified though especially since teams from Croatia, Portugal, Netherlands and Greece. If they were losing to Bayern and Barcelona you would say its harsh but for the money these teams spend the abuse is deserved

Well,  the quality at the top of the Premier League really isn't that good is it? 

Though,  i am getting a bit sick of the constant sarcastic "best league in the world"  comments by people all over the Internet.  It may not have the best teams in the world but it's certainly one of the most entertaining  leagues to watch. 

I think sky and the media like to portray the prem as being exciting because unlike other leagues the gap between the top and mid table isn't as big, but contrary to what they like to portray it's not because the teams in mid table are really strong it's because the teams at the top are nothing special anymore

Interesting stat doing the rounds on Twitter at the moment.  Nine London clubs played tonight, none of them won. 

(Arsenal, Chelsea, Fulham, Brentford, Leyton Orient & Barnet all lost. Millwall, Wimbledon and Dagenham & Redbridge drew)

It mightn't be so outrageous to suggest that Arsenal's loss last night has moved us much closer to the Premier League losing their 4th CL place :crylaugh:  

Barring a minor miracle, the Arse are effectively out of the tournament now already, with a double-header against Munich coming up.  England's hold on that 4th spot is tenuous now and unless one of the others can go on a mad run that turns the form book completely upside down then we'll all (the have nots) soon be boarding the roflcopter.

Â