The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

4 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Oh Rishi Rishi, making a joke about trans people and "defining a women" with Brianna Ghey's mother in the chamber

She'll probably want to sit down with him and talk about mindfulness

Apparently it was about a minute after Starmer had said her mother was there in attendance.

You would have to be a pretty grim individual to vote for more of this.

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if it was deliberate

Room Next Door: Now say something witty to get the story about the Rwanda bet out of the headlines

🤦‍♂️

Just now, Genie said:

Room Next Door: Now say something witty to get the story about the Rwanda bet out of the headlines

🤦‍♂️

It was more that he's aiming it at a significant portion of his voter base who hate trans people so would probably have loved that comment with Brianna's mother there

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

It was more that he's aiming it at a significant portion of his voter base who hate trans people so would probably have loved that comment with Brianna's mother there

The ones who will defect to Reform UK

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

The ones who will defect to Reform UK

exactly. i don't think he represents the typical tory voter with that sort of comment to be honest

I love moments like this when we get to peek behind the curtain.

Perhaps it's not so much that the politicians have forgotten to pretend to not mock the proles, just that we're seeing unfiltered how much they really care.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

exactly. i don't think he represents the typical tory voter with that sort of comment to be honest

I do.

Potentially spurious anecdotal evidence warning for sure, but I don't know any Tory voters who won't agree with him or stand up for him saying it. Partly through the ingrained  tribalism, but mostly because they share the fear and hatred of the transgender community.

I'm obviously of a mind to abhore labels like 'typical tory voter' because they are ultimately changeable and undefinable, but if my limited cross section of the elderly and white van man in the building trade isn't an example of their core base then I'd be interested in finding out who is.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

I do.

Potentially spurious anecdotal evidence warning for sure, but I don't know any Tory voters who won't agree with him or stand up for him saying it. Partly through the ingrained  tribalism, but mostly because they share the fear and hatred of the transgender community.

I'm obviously of a mind to abhore labels like 'typical tory voter' because they are ultimately changeable and undefinable, but if my limited cross section of the elderly and white van man in the building trade isn't an example of their core base then I'd be interested in finding out who is.

fair point. in  my mind the typical racist, transphobic, anti immigration bloke would have already made their mind up to vote reform in the next election so the point i was making is that  i'm not sure what the current typical tory voter is these days

Â