The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

What makes you say that?

He’s very popular in the north side of the town and aside from him nobody seems to want the gig.

Kingstone was also instrumental in the tactical voting to get rid of the Conservative run council.

Because Independent candidates just don't win by-elections, the electoral system isn't set up for it. If he gets 10% of the vote he'll have done spectacularly well. 

Very happy for you to throw this back in my face on October 6th if you're right though!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Well, you’ve got to admire Tamworth in its own way.

After all the last decade, after all the corruption and incompetence, 49.8% of them would still vote for words removed.

That’s staunch.

40.2%, but yeah, it’s a worry.

I personally don’t see it being anywhere near that high. There’s an awful lot of anti-Tory sentiment and the blame for many of the towns issues are on them (hence them losing control of the council) plus the scandal of Pincher.

Thats not to say they won’t win though which is really depressing.

Just now, Genie said:

40.2%, but yeah, it’s a worry.

I personally don’t see it being anywhere near that high. There’s an awful lot of anti-Tory sentiment and the blame for many of the towns issues are on them (hence them losing control of the council) plus the scandal of Pincher.

Thats not to say they won’t win though which is really depressing.

I added in the 9.6% of the other lot, Reform or whatever they’re called, the one for people who don’t think the tories are quite mad enough.

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Genuine question, is anything working well at the moment?

Schools, no

Police, no

Hospitals, no

GP’s, no

Prisons, no

Council’s, no

Social care, no

Roads, no

All roads lead to funding cuts from the government.

Still, there's always the Trains and Courts and Airports and Council services and...oh!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Genie said:

This should be interesting.

The Tories have already dropped in Eddie Hughes to try and regain the seat but I can’t see it happening.

My money would be on a local councillor called Richard Kingstone who is going to run as independent. He’s an ex-Tory who was suspended by them twice.

Very opinionated and critical of the Tories, Labour and the Council.

Most likely outcome there is splitting the Tory vote leading to a Labour win

With current polling trends Tamworth isn't predicted to fall to Labour such is the majority, Tories would still cling on.

But yes, Tamworth is a special case so the rules don't apply due to who held the seat and what has happened

The former Tory, dumped by  them twice (For what btw?) leading a group of Independents on the council who have only managed to actually win one ward on the council, the rest of their numbers are just defections are not likely to win a by-election but they may be big enough to prevent the Tories from winning. Encourage them as much as you can

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, bickster said:

The former Tory, dumped by  them twice (For what btw?)

That piqued my interest too - by the looks of things, for insinuating that his Tory colleagues on the council were corrupt and voting for projects that would benefit them financially.

Say it ain't so.

• Haha 3

Just now, ml1dch said:

That piqued my interest too - by the looks of things, for insinuating that his Tory colleagues on the council were corrupt and voting for projects that would benefit them financially.

Say it ain't so.

Well I suppose he gets a pass for that at least

9 minutes ago, bickster said:

Well I suppose he gets a pass for that at least

He’s going big on the “man of the people” ticket which makes me think he will surprise a few when the election comes around. He’s very active on facebook and has the local “spotted” groups pushing out his posts too (I assume they’re sponsored). There’s pretty much nothing from anyone else politically (yet).

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Genie said:

He’s going big on the “man of the people” ticket which makes me think he will surprise a few when the election comes around. He’s very active on facebook and has the local “spotted” groups pushing out his posts too (I assume they’re sponsored). There’s pretty much nothing from anyone else politically (yet).

Great, all power to him but he'll mainly be taking Tory votes but nowhere near all of them, around half would be excellent

• Like 1

3 hours ago, blandy said:

Still, there's always the Trains and Courts and Airports and Council services and...oh!

The policy of redistributing wealth from the poor to the rich/ corrupt has been going well though.  That's one area they've excelled in! 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Jon said:

The policy of redistributing wealth from the poor to the rich/ corrupt has been going well though.  That's one area they've excelled in! 

No, no no, no my dear chap. That's not the policy at all. Heaven forbid! That would be awful. No, you see the policy is simply not to stop the rich and corrupt grabbing the money, which is completely different, don't you see? I mean how could anyone object to donors, sorry, upstanding fat cats, sorry again, no I mean great british world beating bosses and aristocrats getting wealthier?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Genie said:

Genuine question, is anything working well at the moment?

Schools, no

Police, no

Hospitals, no

GP’s, no

Prisons, no

Council’s, no

Social care, no

Roads, no

All roads lead to funding cuts from the government.

Was just about to ask the question if there was anything not broken. 

Unsurprisingly the moto of if were rich it will help you doesn’t work. It’s not even the moto anymore it’s the money is better in my pocket than yours. 

Even more surprisingly to them if you cut the youth centres, cut the schools, cut the aid, cut the housing, cut the police, cut the prisons you get more social issues.

If you cut the hospitals, cut the social work, make homes and hospices so expensive they bankrupt you get back logs and lowering standards of care.

All of these have lined someone pocket in the cutting phase, they line someone’s pocket in the fixing phase bringing in private companies to sort it or in most cases don’t do anything or not up to the task. 

The mess they left in the 80s and again now is irreversible, only stopping it getting worse unless all parties band together for the good for 20 years and the Tories on the sideline. That won’t happen. 

• Like 2

I think the place could look a lot better, really quickly if people who vote for these politicians realised it is by design. And that they are not acting in the public interest. We've lost the ability or desire to hold people in power to account for their actions.

It's time to increase the levels of transparency in the system imho. We don't need saving from the truth. It's how we've ended up in this distorted reality.

Â