The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

11 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

It's definitely an opportunity yeah, it's what opportunity it's for that worries me.

I would love to see the figures how many actually take advantage of the 'opportunity' and intergrate into the system, working a 9-5 . I don't see many making it work who come over illegally on a dingy.

94% of people making small boat crossings claim asylum, 97% of those are granted. I'd be confident in saying the vast majority of those people are trying to make it work and want to contribute to our society. I doubt you risk your life if you don't want to make it work.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

94% of people making small boat crossings claim asylum, 97% of those are granted. I'd be confident in saying the vast majority of those people are trying to make it work and want to contribute to our society. I doubt you risk your life if you don't want to make it work.

As I said it's all very idealistic I'm afraid.

Just now, foreveryoung said:

As I said it's all very idealistic I'm afraid.

Not really, it’s not all or nothing.

If people want to work then give it a try. We’ve got a plethora of jobs available at all skill levels. Everyone’s a winner. What is there to lose?

Far too sensible.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Not really, it’s not all or nothing.

If people want to work then give it a try. We’ve got a plethora of jobs available at all skill levels. Everyone’s a winner. What is there to lose?

Far too sensible.

Illegally coming over n a dingy for a start. GIve them the 'opportunity', more will come over dangerously funding the criminals, if they are not already here.

As I said, it's idealistic to think these guys will intergrate into a 9-5, most hardly have any cultured skills

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Illegally coming over n a dingy for a start. GIve them the 'opportunity', more will come over dangerously funding the criminals, if they are not already here.

As I said, it's idealistic to think these guys will intergrate into a 9-5, most hardly have any cultured skills

We need more people here to work though :lol: 

Vast majority of the vacancies are low skilled jobs

#winning

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Paid criminal gangs to cross the channel. Crossing the channel in a dingy without a permit or authorisation.

Specific law please, or withdraw the comment.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

It's no good giving them jobs if we can't house them.

As noted earlier, we can, and the government has deliberately chosen not to. This is a manufactured problem to rile people up. It seems to be working.

3 hours ago, bickster said:

Note the number of arrivals has hardly chnged but the backlog is growing almost exponentially

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Paid criminal gangs to cross the channel. Crossing the channel in a dingy without a permit or authorisation.

"...walking on the cracks in the pavement, walking in a loud shirt in a built-up area during the hours of darkness and walking around with an offensive wife"

EoPHN-uXMAEolKN.jpg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

"...walking on the cracks in the pavement, walking in a loud shirt in a built-up area during the hours of darkness and walking around with an offensive wife"

EoPHN-uXMAEolKN.jpg

Posts like this remind me why I don't get involved in these threads.

Think i'll agree to disagree that 10k asylum seekers coming over the channel every month in dingys is a good thing, an they are only here to find work and intergrate into our communites. I'll leave it there, people can carry on living in there idealistic worlds as long as they want.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Posts like this remind me why I don't get involved in these threads.

Think i'll agree to disagree that 10k asylum seekers coming over the channel every month in dingys is a good thing, a they are only here to find work and intergrate into our communites. I'll leave it there, people can carry on living in there idealistic worlds as long as they want.

It’s not 10,000 a month is it? I thought it was 40,000 this year in total (still a lot)

Â