The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

3 minutes ago, ender4 said:

What about brown Labour voters? Would they suddenly choose to vote for Rishi even though that means voting for Tories?

I suppose some would and some wouldn’t. Just as some Tory voters won’t care whether Sunak was brown, blue or green. It’s fun to generalise and I suspect there’ll definitely be some Tory voters to whom the meme will apply. All the best comedy at someone’s expense is funny because there’s a nugget of truth in it.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

The Tory’s landslide win in 2019 had a lot to do with the influx of racist Brexit voters.

That’s another demographic of voter they are going to lose at the next GE.

Just of interest, can you suggest a voter demographic the Tories haven’t pissed off? 😅

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I like Angela Rayner, but that's nonsense. Truss and Sunak spent the whole of August and part of September saying lots of words about how they'd run the Country if they got the gig.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, blandy said:

I like Angela Rayner, but that's nonsense. Truss and Sunak spent the whole of August and part of September saying lots of words about how they'd run the Country if they got the gig.

True. Truss then did the opposite of what she said she’d do. And do Rushi’s previous policy promises still stand? Or is he going to do something different too? Will his income tax cut by the end of this term still stand for example?

Its certainly a very strange scenario to become PM.

• Like 1

Pretty disgusting he had to read from a script when saying how privileged he was to get the job! Geezer might know finance, but as they, say he wouldn't even know how much a bottle of milk was, an certainly wouldn't dare mix with me and you, the dirty public.

20 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Pretty disgusting he had to read from a script when saying how privileged he was to get the job! Geezer might know finance, but as they, say he wouldn't even know how much a bottle of milk was, an certainly wouldn't dare mix with me and you, the dirty public.

He's useless as a public speaker, as soon as he has to go off piste, he panics

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

he had to read from a script

I did not see or hear his speech, so, I don't know how well he did. Actually, it is surprisingly difficult to read a speech in a convincing manner.

Generally, I try to focus on content rather than style.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

I did not see or hear his speech, so, I don't know how well he did. Actually, it is surprisingly difficult to read a speech in a convincing manner.

Generally, I try to focus on content rather than style.

Haven't seen it either but he's only ever decent at public speaking when its practiced. Start asking him questions and he's a rabbit in the headlights.

I doubt he had much time to practice his speech today

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Lucky you. Some of us have no choice but to try and earn points for “style”.

Everything is luck. But that discussion is for my philosophy thread.

On 29/08/2021 at 12:49, fruitvilla said:

I was lucky, ...

All this and much, much more has been luck.

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Start asking him questions and he's a rabbit in the headlights.

And this is a reason for all of us to go to Toastmasters. ;) 

Â