The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

22 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Wow, that’s actually incredible.

”we inherited formulas from the labour party that shoved all the funding into deprived areas, I’m going to undo that”.

Is he saying that “levelling up” are just empty words???!!! 😱

So unbelievably brazen.

Edited by Genie

19 minutes ago, Genie said:

”we inherited formulas from the labour party that shoved all the funding into deprived areas, I’m going to undo that”.

Does someone really need to point out to him that the party have been in power for the last 12 years. They inherited absolutely nothing

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

Every major economy on the planet is going to be hiking interest rates over the next year or so, I don’t think it’s a Tory thing.

What's our inflation level compared to others around the world?

25 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Why?

Inflation is predicted at 13%. So far the BOE has increased the interest rate to around 1.75%, but they will need to go way further to control inflation. This will filter to banks, and in turn variable rate mortgages. 

42 minutes ago, Genie said:

Every major economy on the planet is going to be hiking interest rates over the next year or so, I don’t think it’s a Tory thing.

Ours already did.

When we got our mortgage a year ago, we paid about 700zl in interest and 700zl in capital.

This month it was 3000zl in interest and 100zl in capital.

• Like 1

From the Guardian (I know, but it contains direct quotes)

"The business secretary, Kwasi Kwarteng, has criticised the the Bank of England’s control of inflation, saying “something had clearly gone wrong” at the institution as prices are predicted to rise by 13% and the UK is forecast to suffer an economic downturn lasting more than a year.

As a key supporter of the foreign secretary, Liz Truss, the frontrunner to be the next Tory leader and prime minister, Kwarteng’s comments suggest the Bank’s independent mandate to keep inflation at 2% may be re-examined if she takes over at No 10.

Kwarteng told Sky News: “The job of the Bank was to deal with inflation. They’ve got a 2% inflation target, that’s actually their mandate. And now inflation is getting double digits. So clearly, something’s gone wrong.”"

Astonishing that the government takes no responsibility for this, given that they are in power. It's like pouring wine all over your white carpet, and blaming the vacuum cleaner for not being able to deal with it. 

35 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

What's our inflation level compared to others around the world?

France is 6.1%, Germany 7.5%, comparable countries in Europe to UK, where it is currently at 9.4% over 3% higher than France and almost 2% higher than Germany.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Things like this turn my stomach. He has said this firstly as he thinks it is a good thing but secondly, and more sickening, is that he is preaching it to people who will lap it up. Taking money from deprived areas to give to those far more affluent. What kind of heartless, selfish bastard, hears that and thinks yep he's the person I want leading the country.

And also as pointed out, he’s blaming Labour for the fact that more money is not being “shovelled” to them despite Tory’s being in power for 12 years. Disgusting.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

And also as pointed out, he’s blaming Labour for the fact that more money is not being “shovelled” to them despite Tory’s being in power for 12 years. Disgusting.

Labour are being given some great material in fairness. Tories blaming them for putting money into deprived areas is going to go down like sick in many of the red wall seats the Tories took in 2019. 

• Like 1

They'll say literally anything to get into, and remain in power.

Despite the fact what they say is often so contradictory to what they've said years/months/weeks before.

It's a shame (seemingly) most of the people in this country aren't interested in it, although - it is pretty boring.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

Things like this turn my stomach. He has said this firstly as he thinks it is a good thing but secondly, and more sickening, is that he is preaching it to people who will lap it up. Taking money from deprived areas to give to those far more affluent. What kind of heartless, selfish bastard, hears that and thinks yep he's the person I want leading the country.

Tories

• Like 4

11 hours ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

The optimist in me hopes he's referring to also spending money to combat rural poverty and not just urban. 

However, the realist in me suspects that's not the case here. 

• Like 1

Â