The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

8 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Ladies und Gentlemen. Before we open the arc of the covenant, a brief maniacal monologue…

spacer.png

I’m shocked his lawn is not fluorescent green from being watered 8 hours a day.

27 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Has there ever been anyone more unfit to be in government than Nadine bloody Dorries?

I know we’ve had the full range of sexual deviants, corrupts and unethicals but she’s just something else.

No, but I've said it several times over the years and they keep finding someone worse. They've scraped the bottom of the barrel so firmly they're just coming up with mess from the basement floor

Just now, Davkaus said:

No, but I've said it several times over the years and they keep finding someone worse. They've scraped the bottom of the barrel so firmly they're just coming up with mess from the basement floor

She’s not only incompetent, she genuinely seems to be intoxicated whenever she’s on live TV.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

She’s not only incompetent, she genuinely seems to be intoxicated whenever she’s on live TV.

Indeed. She often seems like she's put Bailey's on her Weetabix, and had a dozen bowls. Must be her dyslexia.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I can't remember where I saw it over the weekend,  something about fining people for not turning up to NHS / Dentist appointments ? 

Sunak's latest idea

This is what 12 years of conservative government gets you.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/st-john-charity-volunteers-will-drive-999-ambulances-c09fwsfxx

Volunteer ambulance crews will respond to 999 calls from today under an NHS plan to tackle a deterioration in response times.

The NHS has signed a £30 million contract with St John Ambulance for the charity to act as an official “ambulance auxiliary service” in England.

A fleet of 250 St John Ambulances will be staffed by a mixture of paid employees and volunteers who have had rigorous first aid training.

St John Ambulance was founded in 1877 and provides first aid cover at 22,000 events each year — from football matches to village fêtes.

Its new contract with the NHS, the first of its kind in history, means its staff and vehicles will be integrated into the ten NHS ambulance trusts across England.

6 hours ago, Davkaus said:

So the next time there is a mass pile up on the M6, let’s hope it’s not 16 year old Jimmy who’s last gig was at the local schools sports day who turns up. What a **** state this country is in 😞

Edited by meregreen
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Forgive me if I’m wrong but isn’t the issue with hospital capacity to deal with incoming ambulances rather than a lack of the life saving ice cream vans?

Surely more ambulances just means more of them queued up at A&E?

1 minute ago, choffer said:

Forgive me if I’m wrong but isn’t the issue with hospital capacity to deal with incoming ambulances rather than a lack of the life saving ice cream vans?

Surely more ambulances just means more of them queued up at A&E?

At least you’ll be getting treatment outside A&E rather lying on a sports field for 5 hours.

Its a sticking plaster over a giant crack though.

The problems start with GP’s. They are fundamentally broken which leads people to need to go to A&E to see a doctor.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jareth said:

St John’s have been doing this for a while in Wales already, it’s a good idea. 

I think people underestimate the level of professionalism the St Johns Ambulance have these days. We have a contract to take them to and from Aintree Racecourse for the big meetings

Long gone are the days when they turned up in a glorified van and parked two young kids in the first aid room. They run everything on the first aid side, including Ambulances and the Comms, in fact the race meetings can't even open the gates until StJA have given the green light, they have a lot of control over the entire event. Their Ambulances these days are fully kitted out

• Like 4

I don't intend to disrespect SJA, but people turning up to deal with medical emergencies should be getting paid for it. It's also going to be used to paper over the cracks of slow response times. They're not paramedics, they don't have all the same training as paramedics, and while they're obviously great to have if the alternative is nothing until paramedics turn up, getting volunteers to turn up to pull the waiting time back down is a classic example of a metric only being useful until people realise they can game it to make themselves look better. I've got nothing but respect for people who are willing to spend their spare time trying to save lives, but I think it's a joke that our healthcare system is in the state that this is needed as an integrated part of our first responder service because the system is on its arse.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

I don't intend to disrespect STA, but people turning up to deal with medical emergencies should be getting paid for it. It's also going to be used to paper over the cracks of slow response times. They're not paramedics, they don't have all the same training as paramedics, and while they're obviously great to have if the alternative is nothing until paramedics turn up, getting volunteers to turn up to pull the waiting time back down is a classic example of a metric only being useful until people realise they can game it to make themselves look better. I've got nothing but respect for people who are willing to spend their spare time trying to save lives, but I think it's a joke that our healthcare system is in the state that this is needed as an integrated part of our first responder service because the system is on its arse.

Yeah this.

I have no issue with SJA. I'd even argue they'd do a perfectly fine job. That's not the issue.

The issue is the emergency services having to rely on a volunteer ambulance service because the NHS are ****

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, bickster said:

Sunak's latest idea

The idea of not turning up to appointments in NL is just not a thing.
It is not as far as I know ever a problem really.

I missed a Dentist appointment once when I first got here in 2000.  €40 fine,  invoiced to me same day,  it is more than that now I think.

I suspect the Doctors and Hospitals are even higher fines.

To not go to an appointment is pretty bad and it messes everything up.  I am sure I saw 10 pound fine or something proposed in the UK. 

I would make it 100 pound and no more appointments until its paid.  If you call the appointment + 24 in advance then no charge , no problems.

Â