The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

Dorries claimed £1687 for a mobile phone. She should have bought a cheap Alcatel from Argos.

Why does she need such an expensive phone to make the odd phone call and play candy crush?

17 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Why does she need such an expensive phone to make the odd phone call and play candy crush?

She’s literally bought the most expensive phone that money can buy and charged it to expenses.

It seem as though she likes nice things, but has a problem with people who spend their own money on them.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 2

So Boris is milking what little time he has left isn’t he!?

Like he’s running through his bucket list;

Fly a Typhoon fighter - check

Chuck a grenade - check

What’s next I wonder and how much will it cost the taxpayers? 

I have a scrap of respect for Rishi because he’s being honest about the fact the country is **** (not withstanding his part in that). He said it can’t afford tax cuts right now and the NHS is in crisis

Truss promising big tax cuts just to get the job when all it’ll do is make things worse needs to be called out. She’s showing herself to be another Boris. Say whatever you think people want to hear to live another day.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

Is that the end of it, or are the IOPC going to investigate?

I can see the outcome already, it was the old boss who has already gone. Lessons learned etc.

23 minutes ago, Genie said:

Is that the end of it, or are the IOPC going to investigate?

I can see the outcome already, it was the old boss who has already gone. Lessons learned etc.

Given it’s all but inevitable he’s going to have found to have lied to parliament with all the consequences that will bring for his status with the Tory whip and his status as an MP, I’m not sure it’ll matter how many fines he can picks up.

On 23/07/2022 at 22:16, Genie said:

Thatcher was hated by a large portion of the population wasn’t she? Why are they both looking to emulate her?

I’m genuinely perplexed. 

My grandad idolised her, rightly or wrongly. Bloke I used to work with also was a fan of her . Both working class people. 

Sunak will surely get the job ? I don’t follow much so excuse my ignorance 

45 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Sunak will surely get the job ?

Think like a Tory. Which one is offering tax cuts?

Sunak is going to lose quite heavily, it doesn't matter how many refugees he wants to deport, Truss is offering cold hard cash

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Think like a Tory. Which one is offering tax cuts?

Sunak is going to lose quite heavily, it doesn't matter how many refugees he wants to deport, Truss is offering cold hard cash

Tax cuts which won’t happen, or should I say can’t happen ? 

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Tax cuts which won’t happen, or should I say can’t happen ? 

The Tory party motto since 2016 - just say what you think people want to hear, and blame other people when they don't follow through.

Truss has learned well.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

She probably needed a great camera with filter features for all the selfie filth she sends Boris. 

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

The exact opposite Ruge, they will happen

As silly as it sounds, are we actually better paying higher taxes for the good of the country ? Sunak saying we can’t afford to cut taxes is proof in the pudding 

Â