The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Hardly a shock though, extreme marginal seat

Damn straight, we so nearly got him out last time around. 

I actually thought Starmer held his own for once in that debate. Charge of the lightweight brigade was a stomper.

I also much enjoyed "Doesn't the country deserve better than a z-list cast of nodding dogs?"

Edited by magnkarl
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

I actually thought Starmer held his own for once in that debate. Charge of the lightweight brigade was a stomper.

I also much enjoyed "Doesn't the country deserve better than a z-list cast of nodding dogs?"

Unfortunately it's not a debate. I wish it was, Boris wouldn't be able to leave so many questions unanswered

46 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

No. Probably someone safe like Ben Wallace.

It's assumed that it'll be someone still loyal(ish) versus someone who is not(ish) in the final two that go to the members.

Hunt will run, have decent early support but won't increase his initial backing because MPs know that the members won't vote for him.  Probably go out in round 2/3 of voting (depending on how many stand), and his support will transfer to Wallace or Tugendhat if he's still in at that point.

My guess is that the final two will probably be two of Sunak, Wallace and Zahawi. And like you, I'd expect Ben Wallace to probably win. The person in the news at the right time (for reasons other than a massive scandal), popular with the members, and most importantly the polar opposite to the current bloke. Which is what the Tory party always seems to go for. 

Edited by ml1dch

5 more just resigned together. 

BBC have asked Gove"s office why he wasn't at PMQ as well. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Shocked 1

18 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

I liked the line “ships leaving the rat”. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

My guess is that the final two will probably be two of Sunak, Wallace and Zahawi. And like you, I'd expect Ben Wallace to probably win.

i.e. the one who isn't brown with a funny foreign name. 

Just now, mjmooney said:

i.e. the one who isn't brown with a funny foreign name. 

I’m not sure it’s that.

Sunak has a covid fine and a tax dodging wife.

Zahawi is still lying on BJ’s behalf.

Just now, Genie said:

I’m not sure it’s that.

Sunak has a covid fine and a tax dodging wife.

Zahawi is still lying on BJ’s behalf.

Tbh there isn't a clean candidate in the whole party. They took money to refurbish their koi-ponds, they partied when the rest of us were locked down, they're clearly okay with sexual predators going for victims as long as they're gay..

Jesus wept.

Everyone who's been on that front bench under Johnson needs to be shuffled into the cupboard and labeled 'Misguided change of direction', including Javid, Dorries, and anyone who actually takes a position in the ship that is currently on fire at the bottom of the ocean.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

If he survives another VONC I might throw the TV out the window. 

There's a pretty solid chance that the number of resignation letters + 1922 letters would already be enough. He's not surviving another one.

• Like 1

Ive heard it suggested that if the 1922 receives no confidence letters from over 50% of MPs - The hes out - whether that means they call another VONC - or he is just deposed by default not sure.

Â