The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

10 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Every last one of them is a thieving liar.

It’s now revealed Sajid Javid was a tax dodger when he was earning millions as a banker.

If you can still vote tory, seek medical help.

Thing is that this isn’t uncommon. I’m well aware that my boss and other directors of the company I work for earn minimum wage and pay themselves in dividends.

Every company is at it and when I once quizzed a business owner friend on the morality of it all he was like “well I’m doing nothing illegal and if you could do it you definitely would”

I think it’s a Tory thing to just believe everyone’s moral compass is as rotten as your own to sleep better at night.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

Thing is that this isn’t uncommon. I’m well aware that my boss and other directors of the company I work for earn minimum wage and pay themselves in dividends.

Every company is at it and when I once quizzed a business owner friend on the morality of it all he was like “well I’m doing nothing illegal and if you could do it you definitely would”

I think it’s a Tory thing to just believe everyone’s moral compass is as rotten as your own to sleep better at night.

We’ll he’s probably right though. Does anyone on here pay more tax than they are required to? It’s more a problem that tax affairs are inherently structured to favour the wealthy. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

We’ll he’s probably right though. Does anyone on here pay more tax than they are required to? It’s more a problem that tax affairs are inherently structured to favour the wealthy. 

Well at said company I was offered the opportunity as a fellow director to be paid in dividend and I said no…it’s inherently unfair on those in managing. So no don’t assume.

Perhaps I should just put my morality aside in favour of making a little more money at the expense of everyone else but alas I was raised in a different way.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

Well at said company I was offered the opportunity as a fellow director to be paid in dividend and I said no…it’s inherently unfair on those in managing. So no don’t assume.

Perhaps I should just put my morality aside in favour of making a little more money at the expense of everyone else but alas I was raised in a different way.

What happens if the company has a shit year and the dividend is rubbish?

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

While it's not right, I'd say a large amount of people would pay less tax if they could find a way, either legally or illegally. 

The self employed plumbers and roofer right through to bankers and consultants. It is a shit system. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I hate them and wouldn’t miss any of them if they all got wiped out. I’m sure there are decent ones a lot further down the ladder who aren’t evil twisted sub human scum yet but they’ll learn the ways of their poisonous masters soon enough and as for the ones who we all know about already practicing the ways of the devil, the world would be a better place without them.

12 years we’ve had these bastards, it’s 2022 now and we have food banks that working people have to use, kids going without food and heating, normal people being bled dry by smiling multi millionaires in the name of societal fairness, protests/strikes being outlawed. 12 years. 

All while they slap themselves on the back for a job well done as they sit safely, fed and warm in their luxury mansions and holiday homes. I’ll honestly take great joy whenever they get what’s coming to them and I’ll celebrate whenever they die as they can’t do anymore harm to those who need help the most. I genuinely hate them and if I had the chance I hate to say it but I’d go full on medieval with them. I’ve never hated a set of people more. The emotion has to be hate for these bastards because if it wasn’t for hatred I’d have broken down, given in and let them defeat me by now. 

🙌

1 hour ago, Xela said:

While it's not right, I'd say a large amount of people would pay less tax if they could find a way, either legally or illegally. 

The self employed plumbers and roofer right through to bankers and consultants. It is a shit system. 

Workmen never take cash in hand as that would be a tax dodge. 

However, when you're a wealthy MP and most certainly the one in charge of the countries economy dodging tax isn't really on. 

If anyone was wondering what the new found tax money from Mrs Sunak was going to be spent on

A Whitehall inquiry is under way into how the tax affairs of Chancellor Rishi Sunak's wife were leaked to the media, the BBC has been told.

BBC

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I've long felt that taxation is unjust and punishing the rich by taxing their tits off, doesn't seem to remedy that fact: it just validates a culture of unjust taxation and scandalous waste.

What is notable about those Scandinavian countries whose governments spend over 50% of their GDP, is how regressive their taxation systems are.

25% VAT and VAT at a lower rate for food, seems to be taking the piss.

The knowledge that the government in this country takes 20% of just about every retail transaction seems obscene and it always seems that the reason the big retail global chains get away with paying very little tax, is that the governments of every hue, just see them as collectors of billions in VAT, and are happy to give them a nod and a wink.

It always seems to me that when it comes to income-tax there should be some regards for effort, and that overtime should be taxed at a different rate than ordinary hours. Security guards working 60 hours a week, to achieve a living-wage, should not have their wages taxed the same way as someone earning the same, working 35 hours a week.

I could quite understand why Rashford, who is paying £3-4 million in income tax, thought he had a right to demand that a bit more might be spent on feeding kids, but there's the rub, goverments piss billions away on vanity projects or to please the Davos crowd.

I don't smoke but insisting that minimum-wage workers should pay £10+ on a pack of cigarettes, just seems mean and punitive, and I often wonder whether some care-workers would need a job at all if they didn't need to feed their habit. No one can blame them for buying their fags from the man down the pub.

I am not sure taxing Sunak's missus a bit more would make things much better.

All big companies dodge tax. They then get a big bill and barter with the government to only pay a percentage of it. I worked for a company many moons ago who nearly closed for a £40 million quid tax bill. They swapped accountant firms which cost £5 million quid an ended up paying £18 million in taxes the rest written off. The UK would be a much more well off country if it all could be sorted. The rich never pay the tax they should, however innocent they may be.

While you all slagging the government, you can slag off most football players and clubs too. As alot of their earnings and profits are registered to over seas companies. It's rife, deal with it!!!

I’m less worried about the price of fags than the government running family tax dodges and ppe ‘opportunities’ whilst going to foodbanks for photo ops.

Endorsed by mugs that think we should just shrug our shoulders and aspire to also be thieving arseholes.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I’m less worried about the price of fags than the government running family tax dodges and ppe ‘opportunities’ whilst going to foodbanks for photo ops.

Endorsed by mugs that think we should just shrug our shoulders and aspire to also be thieving arseholes.

For some reason I read that literally and it's painted quite an unpleasant mental image. 

4 hours ago, Xela said:

One of my biggest bugbear is lack of desire to lead by example by this government. Not just with paying tax, but across the board. If we saw leaders making sacrifices for the benefit of the country, the we'd see more people following suit. Instead we have a load of chancers, just there to make a quick buck

• Like 4

Just now, Mozzavfc said:

One of my biggest bugbear is lack of desire to lead by example by this government. Not just with paying tax, but across the board. If we saw leaders making sacrifices for the benefit of the country, the we'd see more people following suit. Instead we have a load of chancers, just there to make a quick buck

Time after time they’ve been caught taking the absolute piss.

I’m sure many people who are on the fiddle with their taxes will sleep easier knowing that those in charge try their luck so it’s all part of the game.

• Like 1

Â