The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

52 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Also not a Labour MP - funny how he keeps popping up in the Labour thread, literally more often than the actual leader. 

For someone who says he’s not a Corbyn supporter you do fight in his corner a lot, just an observation.

1 hour ago, ml1dch said:

So unfortunate how he always accidentally ends up in the same room as just the worst people.

It’d make everyone’s lives easier if he’d just go out and state that he’s gone full George Galloway, I just don’t get his supporters who keeps saying that he’s such a human rights fighter and then he hangs out with some of the worst Putin shills in the world.

41 minutes ago, Jareth said:

And obvs that was used to say it was a party wide issue and that Labour was institutionally antisemetic. Meanwhile Bergers ally in charge of processing AS complaints was intentionally sitting on them to create an impression that Labour was institutionally AS. Then Change UK - of which it’s Labour contingent was centre right. This is and has always been left versus right with the right using AS as a football. Now the right is in power. 

Got a link to that claim? As I recall there were a good number of CLPs where similar could be said. Neighbouring Riverside for one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Got a link to that claim? As I recall there were a good number of CLPs where similar could be said. Neighbouring Riverside for one.

Oh come on, the entire AS smear campaign depended on a small number of AS incidents from Labour members - a number less than is found in the torys or in societey - which were then blown up to fit a narrative that Labour and Corbyn were AS themselves, in order to topple them - and it worked a treat. Meanwhile Berger is back in the party and Starmer's comms on it talk only of AS - not a whisper that she has served 3 political parties in 4 years - the definition of a career politician. Mind you Labour welcomed an actual tory not long ago - anyone can join Labour these days so long as they sit on the centre right. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

It’d make everyone’s lives easier if he’d just go out and state that he’s gone full George Galloway, I just don’t get his supporters who keeps saying that he’s such a human rights fighter and then he hangs out with some of the worst Putin shills in the world.

And then you have folks like Bernie Sanders saying Jezza's a good guy - but you know, Bernie's probably the wrong sort of Jew isn't he? Were he in Labour himself he'd have been thrown out by now. 

10 minutes ago, Jareth said:

And then you have folks like Bernie Sanders saying Jezza's a good guy - but you know, Bernie's probably the wrong sort of Jew isn't he? Were he in Labour himself he'd have been thrown out by now. 

A good guy doesn’t work for the Iranian government tv channel while they’re executing kids and hang out with regime puppets from a genocidal country who’s attacking a free democratic nation on a whim in my opinion. But hey, we may have different morals..

The wrong type of Jew? Spare me with the tropes.

• Like 1

If I get the chance to meet any of the guys from Pink Floyd I'm not necessarily considering their politics when taking a photo - but it's not exactly a one off

Edited by Davkaus

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Oh come on, the entire AS smear campaign

See thats why Corbyn isn't a Labour MP any more

Our investigation found that the Labour Party has committed unlawful acts.

We have published a report about our findings, including our recommendations for change.

The Labour Party is now legally obliged to draft an action plan to tackle the unlawful act findings we made. This should be based on our recommendations.

Once the action plan is agreed, we will continue to monitor it. If the Labour Party fails to live up to its commitments in the legally binding action plan, then we may take enforcement action.

EHCR

He didn't accept it either

1 hour ago, magnkarl said:

A good guy doesn’t work for the Iranian government tv channel while they’re executing kids and hang out with regime puppets from a genocidal country who’s attacking a free democratic nation on a whim in my opinion. But hey, we may have different morals..

The wrong type of Jew? Spare me with the tropes.

Left jewish members have been thrown out of Labour en masse - you can't call that a trope.

19 hours ago, Jareth said:

Yep, he lost the game big time. Difficult to compete when you're being sabotaged by your own side though. 

Don't you think he's doing a fairly good job at sabotaging himself?

There's several people in this thread who've mentioned things that are squarely in his own court, Iran, flirting with conspiracy theories, constantly 'ending up' next to people that are considered baiters, shills etc. You keep avoiding it.

Do you want to have a guess where the picture with Roger 'Russia is doing nothing wrong' Waters was taken?

Some call it a blind spot, others call it a pattern of behaviour, but he's constantly showing up in places where no one on the left should be proud of.

The 'present but not involved card' doesn't quite cut it when he's being caught in Munich terrorist wreath laying, caught with George Papadoupolus (famous for being pro-Russian), Roger Waters etc. If he's such a human rights campaigner, a pro-democracy figure and a man of the people, why on earth is he constantly caught smiling with people who are diametrically opposite to those views?

Edited by magnkarl

37 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Don't you think he's doing a fairly good job at sabotaging himself?

There's several people in this thread who've mentioned things that are squarely in his own court, Iran, flirting with conspiracy theories, constantly 'ending up' next to people that are considered baiters, shills etc. You keep avoiding it.

Do you want to have a guess where the picture with Roger 'Russia is doing nothing wrong' Waters was taken?

Some call it a blind spot, others call it a pattern of behaviour, but he's constantly showing up in places where no one on the left should be proud of.

The 'present but not involved card' doesn't quite cut it when he's being caught in Munich terrorist wreath laying, caught with George Papadoupolus (famous for being pro-Russian), Roger Waters etc. If he's such a human rights campaigner, a pro-democracy figure and a man of the people, why on earth is he constantly caught smiling with people who are diametrically opposite to those views?

I think it worth remembering he can do whatever he wants now, he no longer represents Labour, in fact anything that's happened since he had the whip removed probably should be in another thread. When he was leader he offered a genuine, authentic vision to millions of disadvantaged people in the UK and that created a sense of hope I haven't witnessed in politics my entire life. Those people voted for him, he won every city - meanwhile Labour as a party retained their support for trident, and however large a pacifist he is, he would not have lasted long in power if he was making unilateral decisions on issues of national security, in fact it would be impossible for him to do so in the current system. As said, millions were happy with that offering, they voted with their eyes wide open, he was even in step with the public on Brexit, yet some will repeatedly accuse him and those that support him of AS. Ultimately he had too many enemies and he lost the battle. His offer was not to your taste - but then how disadvantaged do you find yourself and out of interest who did you vote for the last two elections?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I think it worth remembering he can do whatever he wants now, he no longer represents Labour, in fact anything that's happened since he had the whip removed probably should be in another thread. When he was leader he offered a genuine, authentic vision to millions of disadvantaged people in the UK and that created a sense of hope I haven't witnessed in politics my entire life. Those people voted for him, he won every city - meanwhile Labour as a party retained their support for trident, and however large a pacifist he is, he would not have lasted long in power if he was making unilateral decisions on issues of national security, in fact it would be impossible for him to do so in the current system. As said, millions were happy with that offering, they voted with their eyes wide open, he was even in step with the public on Brexit, yet some will repeatedly accuse him and those that support him of AS. Ultimately he had too many enemies and he lost the battle. His offer was not to your taste - but then how disadvantaged do you find yourself and out of interest who did you vote for the last two elections?

So you are still on the fence regarding Corbyn then?

Also, are you saying that Labour won every city in the UK when Corbyn was leader?

Edited by Seat68

6 minutes ago, Jareth said:

So again you jumped right past the part where he did many of said things while he was a Labour MP, in fact some of the things he did while leader. You seem to want to refuse to deal with the fact that JC wasn't a good fit for anything but student politics (that's where he got most of his votes).

I voted Labour once and Greens once in the last two elections, if it matters. I've voted labour all but once in my life, I come from a working class family of immigrants and have gotten to where I am with hard work. That doesn't mean that I hang out with rabid conspiracy theorists, baiters and frank bigots though.

Edited by magnkarl

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

This is a parallel universe to the one I inhabit.

he was even in step with the public on Brexit

He wasn't even in step with himself on Brexit let alone the general public. It's a daft claim anyway given the 48/52 split in the general public, which half was he in step with? It's also fairly reasonable to assume that the Labour Party campaigning against Brexit would have been much more prominent and effective if Corbyn, a lifelong opponent of EU membership hadn't been the leader of the Labour Party

yet some will repeatedly accuse him and those that support him of AS.

You say that like it was a false claim, when it was demonstrably true

28 minutes ago, Chindie said:

He didn't mean that though. He was thinking how good concentration camps would be, obviously.

No, what he meant (according to some) was that she wasn't the victim of AS at all and that Luciana is just a delicate flower. Oddly it's people who label themselves anti-racist who are the decider in when a minority group is victim of racism.

Edited by magnkarl

Â