The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

Just now, Demitri_C said:

the illegal cycle lanes, ignoring crime, putting up tfl prices straight after being elected (evn though he promised he wouldnt), LTNS, putting congestion charge up, extending that to weekends, introducing ULEZ into london thwn exte ding it even further. 

The guy is a absolute joke. Ive met him a few times he is arrogant little weasel.

Shit Dem. A lot of things I need to google there. London really has its own language. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I don't think he's been great, no. I'm struggling to see what he does so much worse than predecessors that makes you hate him enough to often bring him up as a byword for failure though.

Why is it you dislike him so?

See my post mate 🙂

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

the illegal cycle lanes, ignoring crime, putting up tfl prices straight after being elected (evn though he promised he wouldnt), LTNS, putting congestion charge up, extending that to weekends, introducing ULEZ into london then extending it even further. 

The guy is a absolute joke. Ive met him a few times he is arrogant little weasel.

So mostly you just don't like initiatives to take cars off the road in London and make it greener.

You know fare prices only went up by RPI in that year?

5 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Shit Dem. A lot of things I need to google there. London really has its own language. 

Apart from TFL price changes and "ignoring crime", which tbh doesn't justify a response, they're all traffic measures based on reducing the number of cars.

Just now, Sam-AVFC said:

So mostly you just don't like initiatives to take cars off the road in London and make it greener.

Dem has no experience of public transport outside London, where the prices are higher and the intervals of service much greater

Just now, Sam-AVFC said:

That was just a few on top of my head. Do you live in a area effected by LTNs and ULEZ? Its absolute hell.

He also failed to help protecting bus drivers at the early stages of the pademic and some died.

He is a absolute disgrace ans has not improved london in any way on my opinion

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Dem has no experience of public transport outside London, where the prices are higher and the intervals of service much greater

As you dont live in london and experience it day in day out.  Do you pay for tfl annualy by any chance?

2 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Apart from TFL price changes and "ignoring crime", which tbh doesn't justify a response, they're all traffic measures based on reducing the number of cars.

You seem to be defending him without actually telling us how he is improved/improving London? 

That was just a few on top of my head. Do you live in a area effected by LTNs and ULEZ? Its absolute hell.

He also failed to help protecting bus drivers at the early stages of the pademic and some died.

He is a absolute disgrace ans has not improved london in any way on my opinion

No, I've now moved out of London. I never owned or drove a car in London the decade I lived there anyway so it wouldn't have bothered me.

I don't think he has massively improved London. Neither did Boris. Neither did Ken. Being as much as a damp squib as his predecessors is not enough to make him a disgrace imo.

As you dont live in london and experience it day in day out.  Do you pay for tfl annualy by any chance?

Dem, I visit London and know the public transport is fantastic in comparison to ANYWHERE else in the country. It's cheaper and far more frequent. You really don't realise what you have

• Like 3

You seem to be defending him without actually telling us how he is improved/improving London? 

Do I?

10 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I don't think he's been great, no. I'm struggling to see what he does so much worse than predecessors that makes you hate him enough to often bring him up as a byword for failure though.

I don't think he has massively improved London. Neither did Boris. Neither did Ken. Being as much as a damp squib as his predecessors is not enough to make him a disgrace imo.

No, I've now moved out of London. I never owned or drove a car in London the decade I lived there anyway so it wouldn't have bothered me.

I think khans done worse than both of those two combined to be honest mate and i didnt like either of them either 

In all honestly having a mayor is a waste of time. But in my opinion khans been the worst!

Guess we will see of may whether london agrees with me or i exaggerating as Bicks seems to be suggesting

Do I?

This came after i posted mate 

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Dem, I visit London and know the public transport is fantastic in comparison to ANYWHERE else in the country. It's cheaper and far more frequent. You really don't realise what you have

As a person who pays regularly i think i am entitled to criticise bad service.  That doesnt mean i am ungrateful. So because you complain about tesco does that make you ungrateful for what they do?

I had to get from Euston to Canary Wharf a couple of years ago, and due to the crowds and needing the loo I missed the tube I was meant to get on. The next one came 2 minutes later. And when I got off the train it was a minute walk to my destination.

In Birmingham I used to get the bus into town every day. The bus regularly just didn't turn up. And if it did it was invariably late and took the better part of an hour to do a journey of about 6 miles. And I was paying a lot for that 'service', even with a company tie in that got us a discounted rate taken directly from our pay before tax. And then the bus stop at either end was a mile away from my destination.

But yeah, London transport is shit.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Guess we will see of may whether london agrees with me or i exaggerating as Bicks seems to be suggesting

I wouldn't get excited...(from Jan 17th)

https://www.onlondon.co.uk/sadiq-khan-takes-21-point-poll-lead-into-2021-and-is-on-course-for-a-record-breaking-win/

Sadiq Khan takes 21-point poll lead into 2021 and is on course for a record-breaking win

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Khan is currently a best priced 1/10, and in some places 1/18 to win.

So in electoral terms it's pretty safe to say that they don't.

The Fishguard to Aberystwyth (55 miles) train service is excellent.

There’s one every day. 12:50pm, every day.

Now, pay attention to this next bit, DO NOT miss your connection when you change trains at Shrewsbury.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Shaun Bailey has today promised to end transmission of HIV in London by the end of the next 2 terms. This is a man who clearly knows he is not winning.

Wow. No introvenous drug users and no **** in London within 8 years? They say you have to be ambitious but that's good going, especially for a global city. Turn in your smack and genitals at customs.

Â