The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

39 minutes ago, Jareth said:

So this lot will be in, in 6 weeks. 

100% ita going to be a complete landslide. Just hope starmer can deliver

Posted (edited)

I hope Labour run a positive campaign and show a contrast between that and the project fear the Tories will run on. They can fall back on how when they came to power in 1997 they transformed the country and improved the things that really matter to your average Joe. They need to offer that promise again and inspire people to vote for them. There are so many open goals given that the country has been brought to its knees by the self serving bastards that have rinsed the country for the last 14 years.

They are 100% going to win but Labour needs to offer a really positive message and inspire people to vote for them and not just vote anyone but Tory or sit at home and simply not vote in the belief they are all the same.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Remember one of the names, they're going to appear on the election coverage a lot. 

Some significant names missing from that list too. Paul Mason, Christian Wolmar and Harry Spencer.

They've gone with the two local currently elected representatives, makes sense

spacer.png

well that’s how it is Hooky, we’re going on tour with or without you.

(saw that version yesterday but can’t find it now)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, bickster said:

Some significant names missing from that list too. Paul Mason, Christian Wolmar and Harry Spencer.

They've gone with the two local currently elected representatives, makes sense

You know these things - does this election announcement mean that it's curtains for Diane Abbott as well? I'd always assumed they'd quietly shuffle her back in before the election so they didn't have to deal with the Corbyn problem on two fronts, but presumably if she's still suspended then they'll be looking for a replacement candidate right now? 

4 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

You know these things - does this election announcement mean that it's curtains for Diane Abbott as well? I'd always assumed they'd quietly shuffle her back in before the election so they didn't have to deal with the Corbyn problem on two fronts, but presumably if she's still suspended then they'll be looking for a replacement candidate right now? 

I don't think they ever had any intention of letting her back in but were pushing it back past the North Islington nominations, which although rushed out yesterday were due to be announced today anyway.

By my reckoning they have until Friday 7th June 4pm to get the nomination papers in for whoever the candidate is.

It could be that they want the Corbyn decision early to force his hand and come out into the open that he's standing but with Abbott they may be pushing it back as far as they can to be as unhelpful as they can should she decide to stand as an Indie

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, MCU said:

I'm really intrigued to see whether Labour will nationalise the water.

I think that they will, but don't expect it to happen quickly.

22 hours ago, ml1dch said:

Theres another reason. DIanne Abbotts investigation isn't complete. Labour have just announced that the result of her investigation will be announced on June 4th, which also happens to be the day nominations close for the General Election. If that doesn't say absolutely no chance, I don't know what does. It looks like they are pushing her to leave to stand as an Indie

• Thanks 1

Â