The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Purge.

Getting rid of all the good ones. Claudia Webbe also now announced she's standing as an Independent candidate after they pushed her out. The bastards. 

Edited by ml1dch

11 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Just pointing at the hypocritical elephant in the room.

I reckon cynical, opportunistic, even unfair would all work. It's not really hypocritical though. 

Just now, ml1dch said:

I reckon cynical, opportunistic, even unfair would all work. It's not really hypocritical though. 

You wouldn't call someone screaming about being stabbed by their opponents, which never happened, and then stabbing their opponents at the first chance, hypocritical? I would.

16 minutes ago, Chindie said:

You wouldn't call someone screaming about being stabbed by their opponents, which never happened, and then stabbing their opponents at the first chance, hypocritical? I would.

I don't really follow.

Corbyn's allies blame his election defeats on the bit in italics above. I'm not aware of Starmer's allies "screaming about being stabbed by their opponents". If they had, then sure, that might be a bit hypocritical.

1 minute ago, ml1dch said:

I don't really follow.

Corbyn's allies blame his election defeats on the bit in italics above. I'm not aware of Starmer's allies "screaming about being stabbed by their opponents". If they had, then sure, that might be a bit hypocritical.

During Corbyn's leadership there was lots and lots of chatter and pearl clutching from the right of the Labour Party that they were getting to be purged by their imposed communist overlord. Didn't happen. The second they got the power back they immediately set about doing exactly what they'd screamed about happening to them.

Apparently it's ok when they do it. 

That would be my point.

13 minutes ago, Chindie said:

During Corbyn's leadership there was lots and lots of chatter and pearl clutching from the right of the Labour Party that they were getting to be purged by their imposed communist overlord. Didn't happen. The second they got the power back they immediately set about doing exactly what they'd screamed about happening to them.

That would be my point.

Fair enough. I don't remember that being a big narrative in those years, but I'm sure that you're right, and there would have been some people saying that sort of thing.

17 minutes ago, Chindie said:

That would be my point.

Forgive my ignorance. How exactly have they purged these people?

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Forgive my ignorance. How exactly have they purged these people?

Through pretty ruthless enforcement of 'my way or the highway' of Labour right positions and candidates. They have carefully pulled support for anyone not sufficiently right, made it clear the party has place for anyone that isn't like them or prepared to shut up, and so on, right through the party to the lowest ranks.

I know the usual suspects will be around soon to say this isn't true, or is fine, or some other sticking plaster of legitimacy for what they think is right, but the fact of the matter is the right of the party has crushed any peep of the left, and with that is basically perverting itself into a faux Tory, scared (at best, realistically more like doesn't want to) to change anything.

Edited by Chindie

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

Through pretty ruthless enforcement of 'my way or the highway' of Labour right positions and candidates. They have carefully pulled support for anyone not sufficiently right, made it clear the party has place for anyone that isn't like them or prepared to shut up, and so on, right through the party to the lowest ranks.

What does  'my way or the highway' mean?  You surely have to go through some kind of procedure to chuck somebody out.  They've been chosen by their local party haven't they?  Can the central party just decide to throw them out?

Labour Left - Say no to racism!

DIanne Abbott does something racist.

Labour Left - Say No to Racism except Dianne Abbott s Racism... doesn't quite work does it

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

What does  'my way or the highway' mean?  You surely have to go through some kind of procedure to chuck somebody out.  They've been chosen by their local party haven't they?  Can the central party just decide to throw them out?

Discipline for the Labour Party is the responsibility of the NEC. The cynic will say "but the NEC is stuffed with the Leaders stooges" (You'd have to assume democratically elected stooges but ...)

So when Labour MPs leave the party because of the antisemitic abuse they received from Party members and nothing was done about it that isn't a purge? 

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The party has ultimate say, it puts forth the candidates it wants.

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Labour Left - Say no to racism!

DIanne Abbott does something racist.

Labour Left - Say No to Racism except Dianne Abbott s Racism... doesn't quite work does it

It's also been reported that they offered her the whip back if she went on an antisemitism course (anti anti-Semitism course, I think), and she refused

She really wants the whip back, but not enough to do anything

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

It’s just not the right kind of colour on the racism from DA, that’s what makes it non-racism, you see. Minorities need to go through colour sampling before their oppression can be approved by the committee, and if someone says otherwise they’re racist.

I’m sure George Galloway will have the lot, they’ve completed part of the joining criteria already.

Edited by magnkarl

21 hours ago, ml1dch said:

Getting rid of all the good ones. Claudia Webbe also now announced she's standing as an Independent candidate after they pushed her out. The bastards. 

I think it's a stretch to call someone who was convicted of harassing a love rival, including threats to throw acid over her and release intimate photos/videos one of the 'good ones'. Webbe is completely self-interested and if she had any integrity whatsoever she would have stood down a long time ago

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

I think it's a stretch to call someone who was convicted of harassing a love rival, including threats to throw acid over her and release intimate photos/videos one of the 'good ones'. Webbe is completely self-interested and if she had any integrity whatsoever she would have stood down a long time ago

He was attempting to mock me critiquing Labour's right wing leadership. He thinks the opposite.

• Thanks 2

Â