The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

23 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Her letter of resignation is basically regret that Bozza did nothing wrong and Rishi stabbed him in the back, when the reality is basically the entire cabinet stabbed the  clown in the front.

I reckon Starmer would welcome in Braverman if she asked to join

He absolutely would. 

• Like 1

What is the Tory majority currently? It's been gradually whittled away by-elections and defections.  How many more are needed before their lead is gone? 

Would be hilarious if a large block of them defected to force them out of power. 

3 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

I know they had an 80 seat majority at the start of this parliament but I swear I've counted at least 100 defections and rapey deselections in the Tory party.

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

What is the Tory majority currently? It's been gradually whittled away by-elections and defections.  How many more are needed before their lead is gone? 

Would be hilarious if a large block of them defected to force them out of power. 

subradio-same.gif

15 hours ago, ml1dch said:

But she's pretty well known. She's the one who stepped in to the seat in Dover after her husband (the previous MP) was sent to prison for sexual assault and was then suspended from the Commons for trying to influence the judge in the trial. Then after the conviction blamed his victims. 

I’ve no memory of any of that, but apparently she’s the one who told Marcus Rashford off for helping feed poor people’s kids and missing a penalty. I do remember something about that.

But basically this whole thing is almost funny.

1 hour ago, blandy said:

I’ve no memory of any of that, but apparently she’s the one who told Marcus Rashford off for helping feed poor people’s kids and missing a penalty. I do remember something about that.

But basically this whole thing is almost funny.

It kind of is I guess.  One of the evil ones deserting the sinking ship. 

Keith has made 5 minutes of political capital out of it, but also irked the left of his party/ voters. 

I guess it helps she's not standing at the GE. 

But still.  Not a good feel or look for Labour taking in a nasty one ...

• Like 1

...although in "obviously wouldn't happen" news, if you put that polling information into Electoral Calculus then it gets the result of Blackpool South last week impressively accurately:

GNIROjGXYAAP3Qq?format=png&name=smallGNIRTY_WYAE3U3b?format=png&name=small

(actual work done by Beyond Topline on Twitter)

According to Annalise Dodds, Elphicke is a "good fit" for the Labour Party. 

It's just all very depressing 

14 minutes ago, Jon said:

According to Annalise Dodds, Elphicke is a "good fit" for the Labour Party. 

It's just all very depressing 

I listened to her interview on Marr last night,  it was thoroughly depressing listening to her shrug off the history of defending a convicted sex offender

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I listened to her interview on Marr last night,  it was thoroughly depressing listening to her shrug off the history of defending a convicted sex offender

It’s not just defending, it was actively trying to influence judges

Posted (edited)

I have to ask, where is Starmer's political barometer - he appears to be offering a grey amalgamation of politics from the last 15 years. It's almost an answer to an AI question. At which point do we consider that Starmer has no political home. 

Edited by Jareth

Welcome, ghost of thatcher.

spacer.png

ghost of thatcher won’t actually be standing at the next election, but will be with us in spirit

• Haha 1

On 08/05/2024 at 20:59, sidcow said:

Elected MPs: 650 (of 650) - Total Voting: 639 - Current Conservative majority : 45 (342-297)

Total Non-voting MPs (11) : Sinn Féin (7) - Speaker (1) - Conservative Deputy Speakers (2) - Labour Deputy Speakers (1)

• Thanks 1

There is no tribalism anymore, says Starmer. So why exactly do we have an opposition? What the actual hell is happening right now? I've considered voting Green, that's how bad it is. 

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

There is no tribalism anymore, says Starmer. So why exactly do we have an opposition? 

I was quite amused by Tom Hamilton's suggestion that with a big enough majority, 80 or so Labour MPs could nominally "split" from the party, form the official opposition and spend PMQs every week asking Starmer why he's so brilliant and doing such a great job.

"Leader of His Majesty's Opposition" becomes a bit like a work experience placement for promising Labour MPs.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Jareth said:

It's crap isn't it - that we have to look to the weirdo dinner party swingers with their two leaders, in order that we feel our vote matters. Frickin balls. 

But personally I'm happy to go to labour just to end the ban on on shore wind farms. 

It's the cheapest form of power by absolutely miles and we can't have it under Tories. 

A group (I can't remember who, see Fully Charged Show) have identified enough land on unproductive, far from local population land suitable for windfarms which would be enough to generate DOUBLE the UK's electricity requirements. 

And get this, even if is was all used, it would still be less than useful farming land currently taken up by that enormously important to the future of humanity and self security activity called golf. 

How come there aren't questions being asked in parliament about the good farming land being taken up by Golf courses? 

They have many more better Green proposals than The Tories so I'll live with other things. 

Edited by sidcow

2 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

I was quite amused by Tom Hamilton's suggestion that with a big enough majority, 80 or so Labour MPs could nominally "split" from the party, form the official opposition and spend PMQs every week asking Starmer why he's so brilliant and doing such a great job.

"Leader of His Majesty's Opposition" becomes a bit like a work experience placement for promising Labour MPs.

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

But personally I'm happy to go to labour just to end the ban on on shore wind farms. 

It's she cheapest form of power by absolutely miles and we can't have it under Tories. 

A group (I can't remember who, see fully charged show) have identified enough land on unproductive, far from local population land suitable for windfarms which would be enough to generate DOUBLE the UK's electricity requirements. 

And get this, even if is was all used, it would still be less than useful farming land currently taken up by that enormously important to the future of humanity and self security activity called golf. 

How come there aren't questions being asked in parliament about the good farming land being taken up by Golf courses? 

They have many more better Green proposals than The Tories so I'll live with other things. 

I agree, we are literally without government and have been for 4 years - at least in Wales we feel like someone is paying attention, in England it must be like a zombie movie. It has to change. We have no options so we HAVE to go for the least worse option, i.e. the Natalie Elphicke party (Jeeeeeeesus fooookin christ) - why have Russia not struck yet? it has been ripe for a while

Â