The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

10 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Fix all the ULEZ kerfuffle and work with companies to push working from home. It worked for so many companies during covid, why did we stop? 

A mere 30% of people who can wfh actually doing that every week will seriously slash both pollution, crashes, congestion, road maintenance and the issues around housing in big cities.

As a side effect you could actually pump some revenue into rural towns where no one wants to live because of lack of jobs.

funny you mention this. I as alot of people may know work in nhs and we have been working remote for 3 years now. We had a meeting with HR and they telling us the trust are trying to get everyone back in the office permanently like pre covid. So basically the nhs are planning to rent office space in the civic center for us - which costs the tax payer more money and we are less productive. 

We dont interact with patients in our role. If i did i would understand it but why when we work off spreadsheets?

Honestly its a **** joke. 

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 2

On 23/07/2023 at 09:01, Seat68 said:

Implying someone is slow? Nice of you to stick up for Jareth but I am not sure how you took away from my post the implication someone is slow. Correcting someone doesn't indicate support. 

You obviously didnt read what i wrote

As it clearly says (not yours seat)

58 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I implied I was slow.

If that has upset anyone, I’ll happily retract it.

I accept your apology 🤪 but you aint slow

Anyway lets get back on subject about the monarch hating labour party that we love so much 😃

Edited by Demitri_C

On 29/04/2023 at 15:27, maqroll said:

Anyone know anything more about this?

Martin Rowson's self analysis of that cartoon and the issues arising

Take Sharp, a friend of Boris Johnson, whom I believed I had drawn in a particular, fairly unkind way, reflecting what he does and thinks. But at the very instant that depiction was seen – as it was, whatever my intention, by many deeply shocked and frightened people – as a cruel depiction of what he is, a Jewish man in his 60s, caricatured grotesquely (though in hideously familiar ways), the power dynamic completely collapsed. The public, satirisable appearance of Sharp dissolved to reveal the real, breathing, victimised human being beneath. Worst of all, victimised and bullied by me, in ways wholly anathema to me both personally and professionally. Carelessly and terrifyingly easily, I had utterly and comprehensively failed. It was and is inexcusable on every level

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/07/2023 at 08:49, ml1dch said:

He's done it before, it's not the first, or second time, for that matter. Hopefully he can adjust his mindset in the future, it's just sad when he can't make fun of a Jewish man (who to be frank deserves criticism) without using Nazi slurs. The Guardian seems to have a blind spot to this sort of thing due to their stance on Israel which often leads to British Jews having to take the flak for Benny's idiocy. Below's another one by Rowson from some time ago.

rowson-guardian-2006.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/08/2023 at 22:09, ml1dch said:

Early prediction: narrow Tory hold in Mid Beds as both Labour and Lib Dem squabble over who is best placed to take it, a 40/30/30 split in the result, leading to four weeks of earnest hand-wringing in most newspapers about how it means the Tories will actually win the next election. 

Well we are certainly going to have conservatives in office regardless, just the old will it be a blue or red rosette they wear in office. 

Labour just an all round pointless abomination of a party.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Well we are certainly going to have conservatives in office regardless, just the old will it be a blue or red rosette they wear in office. 

Labour just an all round pointless abomination of a party.

Don’t worry wealthy people, you’ll be looked after like you always have been.

I agree @Rodders Labour are a disgrace. The Tories but with (possibly) less scandals

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Chindie said:

Can't spook the horses. That way lies antisemitism.

Instead you have a sensible policy of changing nothing for the middle class. Then you win. Especially if you've tickled the bollocks of all the corporations along the way to let them know that they're nice and safe too (and have them donate as a nice show of support).

If you think much is changing, that things are going to get much better, I've a bridge to sell you. For a while the scandals will vanish and there will be some shuffling of percentages on the NHS and army budgets, but the path will be fundamentally the same, and the people that were **** yesterday will still be tomorrow, and the fullest pockets will be fuller still.

**** em all.

Exactly.

On 29/08/2023 at 14:54, Chindie said:

Can't spook the horses. That way lies antisemitism.

Instead you have a sensible policy of changing nothing for the middle class. Then you win. Especially if you've tickled the bollocks of all the corporations along the way to let them know that they're nice and safe too (and have them donate as a nice show of support).

If you think much is changing, that things are going to get much better, I've a bridge to sell you. For a while the scandals will vanish and there will be some shuffling of percentages on the NHS and army budgets, but the path will be fundamentally the same, and the people that were **** yesterday will still be tomorrow, and the fullest pockets will be fuller still.

**** em all.

Been saying this for ages. At least othee posters are starting to see as well now

Edited by Demitri_C

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Hands up who thinks you can win an election by alienating the middle classes? I don't think anyone who thinks about it will answer that

Can anyone point out the last election where a party appealed directly to the working class and got elected? Yep it was 2019 and what exactly was it that appealed to the working classes that voted for the Tory Party?

And before that it was probably Margaret Thatcher with the selling off of council houses and the privatisations of nationalised industries?

Is this the appeal to the working person that we're envisioning Labour should be making?

But the two above didn't alienate the middle classes. And that is what Labour have to do to get elected

Blair by and large got that approach and balance correct, That is what Labour are trying to do again

I don't see how they get elected by spooking the middle classes, so the idea that not spooking them is a foolhardy errand and makes them Tories is nonsense, it's just what they have to do to get elected

I mean you can have more Tory government if you really want

And I genuinely say that as someone who a) won't be voting Labour and b) thinks the majority Labour will get at the next election will be equally as massive and dangerous as the Tories currently are (but I'd still rather it were Labour than Tory)

Pretty much agree with all of that.

There's 2 or 3 things, the way I see it. What I would personally like to see a government do and policies they'd have and all that - Labour is well shy of my own personal kind of view. I'll vote for whoever, in this seat, has the best chance (however small) of beating the Tory MP here, but I'm not a Labour supporter or member. Which brings me on to the second point - another "want" - I want the tories out, anyone else would be better, but realistically it's either going to be a Labour majority, or minority Labour government, IF they get elected.

The third thing is to do anything they have to get elected. To get elected, or to at least come close, Starmer has adopted a "don't scare the horses" approach right from the off. It's been blindingly obvious what he's doing tactically, for years. Part of that is to get Labour to appear competent, honest, capable and un-scary to as wide an audience as possible. It's worked with business, and it's worked to an extent with voters, but most voters want more than "we won't be scary" to actually choose to vote for Labour (rather than against the tories). Here, Labour has a bit of a problem. People are desperate for more hope and a vision as to how things could be and will be better, but Labour (or whoever wins the next election) is going to be massively hamstrung, in truth, by the sheer state of the country and the economy. There isn't going to be a load of money to spend on stuff that desperately needs it. Productivity and growth (and thereefore tax income) are weak or non-existent. Whopping up taxes (which are already at a long term high) is not going to solve growth or productivity or employment issues, quite the opposite. There's a moral argument to say "given the state we're in we need to tax wealthy people more", but a practical issue that wealthy people tend to have accountants and means of avoiding tax, while business wilts when taxes make investment and spending and R&D and so on more expensive - they want stability so they can plan. They want lower interest rates, so they can borrow to invest. Higher taxes lead to higher wage demands, leads to higher inflation, leads to higher interest rates...leads to lower productivity and higher unemployment and lower tax take. Solving that is well beyond simple election slogans or simple moral arguments. And it's electoral suicide and would be an easy win for the tories - "Look, Labour will increase your taxes and you'll be poorer".

So tactically, all they can do is what they're doing now. Though they will need to come up with a sales pitch that they can put to voters ahead of the next election, which is likely to be in a year and a bit time. I've probably posted all of that about 15 times before, but their plan hasn't changed, and is the best one, given where everything is, I think. Even if it's dull and uninspiring.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I can’t cope with all this hope and vision and this fresh new thinking.

I know. It’s depressing. And we’re not gonna get any for another, I dunno, 6 months. And when we do, it’ll immediately be attacked from all sides and by the media and you wonder if they’ll then back track on some of it.

42 minutes ago, blandy said:

I know. It’s depressing. And we’re not gonna get any for another, I dunno, 6 months. 

I'm not sure about that, I think the idea that he gets into position and then reveals the big S on his chest is gone, I don't think we'll see anything that'll excite most of us. He is what he is.

And, given that the choice is between this disappointment and the vice like grip of the Conservative torture machine it's absolutely vital we vote him in.

Get him in and then we can start the very important job of finding the next incremental step towards better.

Â