Election Night 2015

Demitri_C

The demonising of the Tory party and its voters in this thread, and the last, is getting a bit excessive and tedious now.

I think even some Tories maybe surprised with how they will behave if they do get a majority and for me they will be a different animal from the one we saw in opposition and in coalition. They will certainly lurch further to the right without the Lib Dems now able to keep them slightly in check.

Spot on as always Mark.

It's a totally fair point. The reasoning for voting Tory was that 'I've done very well over the last term'

Is that not looking out for the needs of the one over the many?

Can't wait for another 5 years of food banks, tax evasion and bedrooms taxes  :hooray:

the many are doing quite well actually  ;)

Are they ****.

GDP per capita (that counts as the many, doesn't it?).

Demonising?

When the people in question have said themselves that they voted a certain party because of how they personally have done, I don't think it's demonising.

Perhaps I'm being hyperbolic when it comes to Tories as a whole but it's no secret that cutting public services is high on the agenda meaning the poorest will suffer.

It's a totally fair point. The reasoning for voting Tory was that 'I've done very well over the last term'

Can't wait for another 5 years of food banks, tax evasion and bedrooms taxes :hooray:

the many are doing quite well actually ;)
Tell that to the millions of unemployed, disabled and those on zero hour contracts :)
The unemployed that has fallen since 2010

(The employment rate now stands at 73.3%, the highest rate of people in work since the ONS began keeping records in 1971)

The zero hour contracts that many people on them actually like

The zero hour contracts that the Labour Party themselves have been using whilst demonising them

I'm not sure you can blame the Tories for increasing numbers of disabled , unless they've been driving around in their chauffeur driven cars running people down

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

You know what I mean :)

The unemployed has fallen since 2010 because of nonsense zero hour contracts.

"Here you are, having a job. You're no longer a statistic. Now your hours will be Monday 11-12 and that's it"

People like zero hour contracts? News to me.

Norwich going Green ?

If true that would mean if the exit poll projection of 2 seats is true that Bennet hasn't won

Edited by tonyh29

The unemployed that has fallen since 2010

Unemployment may have fallen but wider measures of it haven't (e.g underemployment).

What are the comments about productivity?

The zero hour contracts that many people on them actually like

Oooh. How do we measure that?

We just make a claim and say that it can't be disproved, perhaps?

The zero hour contracts that the Labour Party themselves have been using whilst demonising them

Fair enough - Labour are shitbags, too.

You know what I mean :)

The unemployed has fallen since 2010 because of nonsense zero hour contracts.

"Here you are, having a job. You're no longer a statistic. Now your hours will be Monday 11-12 and that's it"

People like zero hour contracts? News to me.

Read more news then :)

The only people that don't seem to like zero hour contracts are people that aren't on them and left wing forum members :P

Perhaps demonising was a tad on the melodramatic side. Emotive topics do tend to breed hyperbole but I still feel what I said is valid in terms of excessivness.

Fair point Mark, I hadn't really considered how much the Lib Dems had kept them in check so I can understand where the almost doom and gloom fear posts are coming from at least.

• Like 2

The only people that don't seem to like zero hour contracts are people that aren't on them and left wing forum members :P

I've been on a zero hours contract (when I worked for Coral over 10 years ago) and it was shit.

Perhaps demonising was a tad on the melodramatic side. Emotive topics do tend to breed hyperbole but I still feel what I said is valid in terms of excessivness.

Fair point Mark, I hadn't really considered how much the Lib Dems had kept them in check so I can understand where the almost doom and gloom fear posts are coming from at least.

Fair post :)

• Like 1

£8 billion worth of cuts to come, and they've refused to give any details about what those will be. I don't understand how anyone could feel comfortable voting Tory on the basis of that.

a point Labour couldn't ram home as they wouldn't say where their cuts were going to fall

Can't wait for another 5 years of food banks, tax evasion and bedrooms taxes  :hooray:

Are they ****.

yes they are, there are plenty of people doing just fine. you just don't hear from them as they get on with things and don't constantly bang on about how shit everything is

yes they are, there are plenty of people doing just fine. you just don't hear from them as they get on with things and don't constantly bang on about how shit everything is

Do you get what 'per capita' means?

I've been on a zero hours contract (when I worked for Coral over 10 years ago) and it was shit.
But but they've only existed since 2010 , or was it that they just became evil in 2010

Ps ...You're one person so hardly representive of a whole country thus your opinion is rendered void :P

Edited by tonyh29

This feels like the first real Twitter election. There are some absolute gems around tonight. Mostly around 3-0 leads and the bin dippers.

RE: the previous thread being locked - that was the Pre Match Thread. This is the Match Thread. So the most important question of the night is: Will there be a ratings and reactions thread with a Voopl vote??

• Like 2

Are they ****.

You're not doing much for the Tory voter image here.

'Poor people complain all the time'

Â