Election Night 2015

Demitri_C

I got to be honest I'm feeling a bit disconnected from what is happening in the country if what is projected is true. Huge increase in votes for UKIP and increase in seats for the Tories. The country seems to be heading off in a far right wing direction.

As I said to my wife earlier today what ever happens tonight/tomorrow the clock won't stop ticking and the world will continue. Probably for me and mine I doubt much will change although I hate to think what state the
NHS will be in in 5 years and I guess that directly affects the vast majority of us. I do feel and genuinely fear for those who are heavily reliant on our public services and the state be it the disabled, the working poor, unemployed and I suppose just those who already have the least. For them things are only likely to get much worse especially if the Tories do get an overall majority.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

UKIP vote is a concern.

Farage rumoured to have come 3rd

If he keeps to his promise to quit I wonder if that will be the end of the party , he is the main / only face of the party

I know people who have voted UKIP. Fools. Like others have said above, I despair at times.

Based on my Facebook timeline I'd say that UKIP is the party for people that are interested in politics for one day every 5 years

I got to be honest I'm feeling a bit disconnected from what is happening in the country if what is projected is true. Huge increase in votes for UKIP and increase in seats for the Tories. The country seems to be heading off in a far right wing direction.

As I said to my wife earlier today what ever happens tonight/tomorrow the clock won't stop ticking and the world will continue. Probably for me and mine I doubt much will change although I hate to think what state the NHS will be in in 5 years and I guess that directly affects the vast majority of us. I do feel and genuinely fear for those who are heavily reliant on our public services and the state be it the disabled, the working poor, unemployed and I suppose just those who already have the least. For them things are only likely to get much worse especially if the Tories do get an overall majority.

Its only in the north east, its not a true reflection of how the whole country will vote. I expect UKIP will do rather less well in the south.

As I said to my wife earlier today what ever happens tonight/tomorrow the clock won't stop ticking and the world will continue. Probably for me and mine I doubt much will change although I hate to think what state the NHS will be in in 5 years and I guess that directly affects the vast majority of us. I do feel and genuinely fear for those who are heavily reliant on our public services and the state be it the disabled, the working poor, unemployed and I suppose just those who already have the least. For them things are only likely to get much worse especially if the Tories do get an overall majority.

Its only in the north east, its not a true reflection of how the whole country will vote. I expect UKIP will do rather less well in the south.

Kent and Essex have been the absolute focus of their campaigns; that's where they're hoping to do well. I hope you're right.

DUP make UKIP look like great chaps.

Ah unionists, so loyal to the institutions of the United Kingdom they once threatened to wage war against the King's troops for enforcing an Act of Parliament.

Is the UKIP vote high in areas of high unemployment or is it some other factor ?

I know people who have voted UKIP. Fools. Like others have said above, I despair at times.

Based on my Facebook timeline I'd say that UKIP is the party for people that are interested in politics for one day every 5 years

Sounds about right. I'd put money on the fact that percent of UKIP voters who have a good understanding of all their polices, is in the single figures.

Ah unionists, so loyal to the institutions of the United Kingdom they once threatened to wage war against the King's troops for enforcing an Act of Parliament.

Their unionism is defined by what they're not - Irish nationalists. They're about as 'British' as a Bible bashing Texan.

Ugh Sammy Wilson. He was on the radio a few days ago calling homosexuality a lifestyle choice.

I won't have that, Sammy was on RTE radio an hour ago and sounded like a totally reasonable chappy.

Far right?

Come on now. I hate UKIP as much as the next guy, but after it all they might win a couple of seats and a few protest votes and lets face it, they're half arsed underneath it all. The Tories are right of centre yes, but far right?

Agree with much of your post, but I would also add that we don't always realise how lucky us "normal" folk are to live in a country where an actual far right party would never gain any actual power aside from a token voice, hidden away on the back benches and rolled out once in a while to be rightly ridiculed by the majority.

• Like 1

Agree, think UKIP aren't far right, as in far far right, they're half arsed populist politics aimed at roping people in with things that they probably know deep down they could never actually do even if they pulled off a landslide win

Far right?

Come on now. I hate UKIP as much as the next guy, but after it all they might win a couple of seats and a few protest votes and lets face it, they're half arsed underneath it all. The Tories are right of centre yes, but far right?

Agree with much of your post, but I would also add that we don't always realise how lucky us "normal" folk are to live in a country where an actual far right party would never gain any actual power aside from a token voice, hidden away on the back benches and rolled out once in a while to be rightly ridiculed by the majority.

I am fully aware mate that they will only win 2 or 3 seats. However in terms of share of the vote they will be the third biggest party in the UK. I think the Tories governing on their own would lurch way further to the right than we have seen them in opposition and in coalition.

Maybe I'm over reacting. I hope I am.

Edited by markavfc40

Far right?

A few seats but BBC are saying they will likely become the third party vote wise at around 17%

They may be around for a while unless a new leader can bring the Libs back from the brink

Is the UKIP vote high in areas of high unemployment or is it some other factor ?

I would say yes!

My

My internet keeps cutting in and out which is making me more agitated. A Tory majority would be absolutely disastrous.

No it wouldn't, it really wouldn't.

• Like 1

Â