5 Songs You Could Pick to Never Hear Again

maqroll

Disco Sucks

Disco-Demolition-a-500x358.jpg

it was like the worst of the 1980's, except of course, it was 1979

these days, I guess people would have to bring their mp3 players and press delete

other than the occasional family car journey I'm rarely forced to listen to music that's abhorrent, although I do have a problem with 'rock' especially when it's not really rock, but actually all that MOR shite like Boston or REO Speedwagon or 10cc or Van Halen .... ironically, I think that was the stuff that was liked by the organisers of Disco Demolition 

totally dude, nothing worse than a fake rock band pretending to play rock although boston and van halen have some decent stuff but the latter are way too happy for my liking. what about Kiss going all disco? i kind of like that song " i was made for loving you".

The songs played at sport events repeatedly; Song 2, Sweet Child O Mine and Paranoid is the ones I can think of now. Don't want to hear them anymore.

Otherwise its Genesis and Phil Collins. Just never liked it. Im never exposed to the new chart stuff but Im sure that would make me want to drive off the road.

Rugeley, I've got mixed feelings for Kiss.

They are awful and they are just a corporate merchandise selling machine. But on the other hand, they are their own bosses and they've never hidden the fact that they are a money machine. You've got to laugh at the extremes of the Kiss merchandising machine, from dolls, sweets, wallpaper through condoms to coffins.

The music sucks, but unfortunately one of their songs has become a terrace shout at my local club! Due to the influence of my brother, he's persuaded people to use the lyrics of 'God gave rock n roll to you' to the much improved 'God gave Barry Town to you'. There's a fantastic irony to 30 souls spread out on a near empty terrace on a wet Tuesday night in Caerleon or Llanwern singing that. So it is quite funny. But at the same time - it's not one I ever sing, because it's Kiss.

• Like 1

5 more songs:

Back in Black - AC/DC

Enter Sandman - Metallica

God Save the Queen - Sex Pistols

The Real Slim Shady - Eminem

I Gotta Feeling - Black Eyed Peas

Another 5 songs:

Heartbreaker - Led Zeppelin

White Riot - The Clash

Let It Be - The Beatles

Hound Dog - Elvis*

You Are Not Alone - Michael Jackson**

*And everything else by Elvis

**Ditto Michael Jackson.

• Like 1

i love november rain. completely self indulgent by that prick axl rose who at one time i idolised but its a great song, their stairway to heaven if you want to catagorize it. great piece of music by a band that could of been so much more, i mean who after one album decides for their next album they are going to release two albums with about 18 songs on each album? 

I love November Rain. It was an anthem to a holiday I went on a few years ago and requested it at every rock bar I went to! 

Anything ever recorded by Bruno Mars and that Pharrell song 'Happy'. 

Most modern music for me... but the Happy song makes me want to self harm.

Of the older stuff, always hated "We Will Rock You" by Queen. 

Agree with the wonderwall suggestions, a song hailed as great piece of songwriting that is actually a load of piss.

"and after all, you're my wonder wall"

What does that even mean? And all sung from a drab nasal whiney talentless prick.

But the drumming is rather lovely on it. Still, not my favourite Oasis song and I can understand why people would happily never hear it again.

I think most of the songs listed are on Heart radio's playlist which I hate with a **** passion, especially anything by Bruno Mars or John Legend. They can both piss off. 5 off the top of my head:

Teenage Dirtbag - Wheatus

Candy - Robbie Williams

Cry Me A River - Justin Timberlake

Have A Nice Day - Stereophonics

By The Way - RHCP

Rugeley, I've got mixed feelings for Kiss.

They are awful and they are just a corporate merchandise selling machine. But on the other hand, they are their own bosses and they've never hidden the fact that they are a money machine. You've got to laugh at the extremes of the Kiss merchandising machine, from dolls, sweets, wallpaper through condoms to coffins.

The music sucks, but unfortunately one of their songs has become a terrace shout at my local club! Due to the influence of my brother, he's persuaded people to use the lyrics of 'God gave rock n roll to you' to the much improved 'God gave Barry Town to you'. There's a fantastic irony to 30 souls spread out on a near empty terrace on a wet Tuesday night in Caerleon or Llanwern singing that. So it is quite funny. But at the same time - it's not one I ever sing, because it's Kiss.

AAAARRRGGGHHH!!!!! God Gave Rock'n'Roll To You is not a Kiss song! It's a bad cover of a track by Argent, and still being performed by Rod Argent in The Zombies.

Never heard of The Zombies? Oddessey and Oracle was recorded in the same year as Sgt. Pepper, and is better, a baroque pop masterpiece.

You haven't got a copy of this on vinyl have you?

They go for an absolute **** fortune

Agree with the wonderwall suggestions, a song hailed as great piece of songwriting that is actually a load of piss.

"and after all, you're my wonder wall"

What does that even mean? And all sung from a drab nasal whiney talentless prick.

But the drumming is rather lovely on it. Still, not my favourite Oasis song and I can understand why people would happily never hear it again.

I wouldn't really argue that musically, its well written, guitar intro leading to drumming and a slight orchestral build up, but lyrically its a mess and i truly believe it would sound better if sung by noel and not the gobshite brother. But you could say that about a lot of oasis songs tbh Edited by Jimzk5

Â