Star Wars Battlefront 3

packoman

I think they have gone a bit far on the weapon downgrades on this latest update. 

I understand the DL-44 issue needed sorting, but more from a range perspective than damage/fire rate. 

I don't get the bowcaster thing at all, again maybe it needed a tweak, but they downgraded it so much, it doesn't kill even with a full charge? 

After rendering the impact grenade practically useless, they have now nerfed the thermal detonator too. 

Homing shot - meh, fair enough. 

The aim should be balance, but they seem to be just making all the weapons and cards 'average'? 

I'm looking forward to trying the changes out this weekend. I'm predicting everyone will be running with pulse cannons.

The bowcaster was being abused by some running the bounty hunter/bowcaster/jetpack combo on smaller maps so it was always going to be nerfed. Reading the patch notes, it doesn't look like dl-44 is nerfed that hard - it will still kill in one headshot, it just wont fire as quickly.

I think the changes are fine. I switch between the DL44 and the E33 depending on whether I'm on bit or small maps, and you can still kill people pretty instantly with the DL44. Two/three quick blasts and they're dead.

The pistols do my head in on this game, I like the small maps and modes but usually I can only take so much of the over powered pistols and just turn it off or go play the bigger modes where my rifle becomes a lot more usable. Still a good game but still unbalanced imo.

• 1 month later...

I'm still playing. They have dropped a couple of new maps and the 1st round of DLC is coming in a few days, so that'll add some mileage. 

I'm trying to get a KDR of 1.0 at the moment, it was 0.47 and I've managed to get it up to .87, so I mainly just play Blast or HvV. 

Plus I've discovered the joy of the shock blaster + focus fire. It's a game changer. 

On 3/14/2016 at 18:07, StefanAVFC said:

People still playing this then?

150 hours so far. It's an incredibly fun game. 

7 full maps now so the rotation lasts about 2 hours which is perfect for an evening stint.

1 hour ago, wazzap24 said:

Plus I've discovered the joy of the shock blaster + focus fire. It's a game changer. 

Shotgun on the original endor is so much fun. You can chain some pretty nice kills. I usually pair it with scan pulse and scout trait.

100,000 players is pretty low really when you consider, say Destiny (which I nolonger play) has an average of 3m a day.

Problem with BF was that it stripped everything that made the originals so damn good, in fact the content at launch was lacking & to have to pay the price for dlc to get the "full game" made it more insulting. EA for you!

• Like 1

On ‎15‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 22:03, mightysasquatch said:

100,000 players is pretty low really when you consider, say Destiny (which I nolonger play) has an average of 3m a day.

Problem with BF was that it stripped everything that made the originals so damn good, in fact the content at launch was lacking & to have to pay the price for dlc to get the "full game" made it more insulting. EA for you!

That's not really fair, Destiny averaged 3 million unique players online through a 24 hour period in its launch week. That includes people who played the game for 14 hours, and people who installed the disc and didn't get past the splash screen.

9 hours ago, Rino8 said:

That's not really fair, Destiny averaged 3 million unique players online through a 24 hour period in its launch week. That includes people who played the game for 14 hours, and people who installed the disc and didn't get past the splash screen.

I was talking post launch, up to Novemeber 2015 the one article I read had the game at 26 million a day with an average of 3 hours play.

Reguardles 1000,000 players is a terrible amount of daily players.

18 minutes ago, mightysasquatch said:

I was talking post launch, up to Novemeber 2015 the one article I read had the game at 26 million a day with an average of 3 hours play.

Reguardles 1000,000 players is a terrible amount of daily players.

It's about the same as BF4.

BF Hardline has about 20,000 a day.

I don't imagine Destiny has ever had 26 million players a day on it.  It's not that popular.

16 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

It's about the same as BF4.

BF Hardline has about 20,000 a day.

I don't imagine Destiny has ever had 26 million players a day on it.  It's not that popular.

https://www.vg247.com/2015/11/03/destiny-20m-users-3-hours-per-day/

Like I said in my original post, the last numbers I saw stated 3m players a day averaging 3 hours play.

Edited by mightysasquatch

Misleading article, 25 million aren't playing the game for 3 hours a day. If it did it would be absolutely crushing every other game going, including the likes of LoL. 25 million have played the game and of the still active players they average around 3 hours game time a day. I'd be pretty surprised to see that figure any higher than Battlefront, Destiny had a huge drop in population after the first few weeks because of the nature of the game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rino8 said:

Misleading article, 25 million aren't playing the game for 3 hours a day. If it did it would be absolutely crushing every other game going, including the likes of LoL. 25 million have played the game and of the still active players they average around 3 hours game time a day. I'd be pretty surprised to see that figure any higher than Battlefront, Destiny had a huge drop in population after the first few weeks because of the nature of the game.

As I said twice, 3m a day averaging 3 hours play is seemingly it's baseline thee days . If I can find the article I'll post it but can't remember where I found it.

It's common knowledge BF was pretty average & while Destiny had above average reviews I'm willing to bet it's still way above BF in terms of player base. While Destiny had/has its teething problems Bungie do tweak it & what not. For what it's worth I don't play either of them anymore. BF lasted about a week & after 4 months of hammering Destiny I stopped playing it, in fact it turned me off any multiplayer game full stop (besides Halo) ever since. 

Edited by mightysasquatch

On 17 March 2016 at 21:33, mightysasquatch said:

While Destiny had/has its teething problems Bungie do tweak it & what not. 

TBF Dice have tweaked BF more times than a prozzies nipple since release. 

the issue for me is they have listened too much and made too many changes off he back of people moaning on Reddit and the like. 

It was released as a game for the casual and they seem to be trying to make it a retrospectively serious game. 

Another patch has gone in now, with yet more 'nerfs' and not many 'buffs'

really looking forward to the new maps, heroes and weapons, but if they carry on the way they are going they might as just make every gun a mid range blaster and **** the star cards off entirely. 

New DLC is great!! 

43-6 on HvV last night with Nien Nunb! he's an absolute beast. 

New maps are great, new weapons and cards are good (the ones I've unlocked) and Extraction is a pretty cool new game mode. 

• Like 1

Â