Star Wars Battlefront 3

packoman

Was given this for xmas and can confirm awesomeness. Played nearly exclusively on Supremacy thanks to some engaging and balanced maps - each one requiring a different playstyle.

My only gripe is the fact that the reg on the shotgun is very dodgy. Sometimes you will hit someone square in the face but do no damage. Other than that the guns are very even and I will get killed by each and every one in a single session.

I can understand the cold reaction to the price point and marketing but if you're on console and accept that you are never going to be good enough to play cod or battlefield then this is the fps for you.

Oh and people that use homing missile will be damned to the 9th circle of hell.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RunRickyRun said:

Was given this for xmas and can confirm awesomeness. Played nearly exclusively on Supremacy thanks to some engaging and balanced maps - each one requiring a different playstyle.

My only gripe is the fact that the reg on the shotgun is very dodgy. Sometimes you will hit someone square in the face but do no damage. Other than that the guns are very even and I will get killed by each and every one in a single session.

I can understand the cold reaction to the price point and marketing but if you're on console and accept that you are never going to be good enough to play cod or battlefield then this is the fps for you.

Oh and people that use homing missile will be damned to the 9th circle of hell.

The bleeding PSN servers are down tonight.  I love the homing missile, especially ducking under cover when one is after you.

I agree that campers can be a bit frustrating, but I also agree that's just the way some people like to play. After being killed by a 'camper', I like to immediately return to where they were (not sprinting in full view, but walking, behind trees and obstacles), and then dropping a grenade on them, or even better, sneaking up and melee killing them!

The homing missile is bloody annoying though. I just see it as an almost confirmed kill. It's fun running/ jet-packing/ hiding behind a rock to foil the one firing it though!

I love this game. I had a number of the COD games on PS3 and I still prefer this, partly because it's Star Wars, but also because it just feels more fun. Playing and losing a match for 5 minutes, until you get a Darth Vader pickup, and then proceeding to get another 20 kills, finishing with a force-strangle :D I couldn't do that in COD.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rob182 said:

I agree that campers can be a bit frustrating, but I also agree that's just the way some people like to play. After being killed by a 'camper', I like to immediately return to where they were (not sprinting in full view, but walking, behind trees and obstacles), and then dropping a grenade on them, or even better, sneaking up and melee killing them!

Too hard to do on the bigger maps though, as without the kill cam you only get a vague sense of where they were.  Plus my camping style is use the pulse cannon, kill somebody, then turn round with the shotgun type blaster ready for if they do come back, then when the pulse cannon is ready, rinse and repeat! ;)

Me and my 9 year old lad have put in over 100 hours on this since its release, I'm still not bored and I've not even played all the game modes yet! 

As a casual gamer, this really does give you a chance of being decent and not just food    for the hardcore like a lot of games. 

You have to get through the pain of the early rank ups, but once you open up some of the extra kit, anyone even remotely decent on a solid connection can have a good game. 

We have gone from bottom of the leader board in most games, to consistently being in the top half, with an occasional run at the champions league places! 

It's not perfect. The servers can be laggy, the spawning can be mental (especially on the bigger maps) and some of the weapons could do with a bit more balance, but there's way more good than bad going on. 

Cant wait for the DLC 

• 2 weeks later...

My nephew just got this. 

Unfortunately that meant that I had to spend the last hour trying not to go chicken oriental with it.

He's has the Xbox One version and can't do anything with it. 'Online features are not available' is all that it says every time he tries to access the online features, which is the only reason to own this game.

It seems that the EA account that is required to use the online side of things ties to the Live account which recognises it's a children's account (he's 10, which basically makes him Star Wars primary audience) and then simply will not allow online, whatsoever. I've googled how to get round this and I'm **** if I can work it out, and the controller was nearly embedded in the telly as a result. I simply could not do anything, I couldn't use the what I understand to be the parental account to assist the age, his Live permissions are fine for online play, I've absolutely no idea how to unfuck the **** thing.

word removed.

On 1/22/2016 at 20:13, Chindie said:

My nephew just got this. 

Unfortunately that meant that I had to spend the last hour trying not to go chicken oriental with it.

He's has the Xbox One version and can't do anything with it. 'Online features are not available' is all that it says every time he tries to access the online features, which is the only reason to own this game.

It seems that the EA account that is required to use the online side of things ties to the Live account which recognises it's a children's account (he's 10, which basically makes him Star Wars primary audience) and then simply will not allow online, whatsoever. I've googled how to get round this and I'm **** if I can work it out, and the controller was nearly embedded in the telly as a result. I simply could not do anything, I couldn't use the what I understand to be the parental account to assist the age, his Live permissions are fine for online play, I've absolutely no idea how to unfuck the **** thing.

word removed.

When the game loads does he connect to the EA servers correctly? 

AFAIK there's nothing linking your EA account to your XBL account. 

3 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Yea, but no NEW maps.  I think they'll come later. 

Yeah I know.  Did see the list of dlc packs. One is for the death star which will be cool!! 

The bowcaster is awesome. Jetpack and firing that at people, they stand no chance!

Lots of players do that..... and it's bloody annoying!!!!! Just like the homing shot, I refuse to do it, on principle.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rob182 said:

Lots of players do that..... and it's bloody annoying!!!!! Just like the homing shot, I refuse to do it, on principle.

Like any game you figure out what works best, not everyone is good with it. Just like some can't get out the way of a homing shot when it's pretty easy to.

New update has killed all the good things about it, you can't kill anyone with a bowcaster now and the DL-44 has reduced. Zzzz.

Andy, I have no issues with people exploiting what works, I just don't like to join in :D

I'm glad changes have been made tbh. There were certain weapons on there (bowcaster and homing shot, the main culprits) which were basically automatic kills for the player.

Think I might pick this up this week as a payday present to myself.

Do it Troon, it's great fun!

I reckon the initial fanboi negativity and the bandwagon that went with it, put a lot of people off, when actually it's s really fun game.

• Like 1

Â