Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

The main problem with Embolo is Juventus' interest. Even if we can outbid them, we'd need to convince a player to come here instead of holding out for them. Also, Juventus are looking at him long term, so i expect they'd be open to the idea of signing him and loaning him back for a year, which would be very appealing to them

Ps. I didn't realise I was several pages behind .. So sorry if that suddenly seems random now the conversation moved on

When were jive rumoured to have made the bid?

They've bought zaza in the last week, and dybala and mandzukic, they've still got llorente and morata on the books too

Purely going on the conversation from a few pages back.

Talk was that our 10m bid wouldn't be enough because of a €20m bid from Juventus being rejected.

And the fact they've already got such good strikers prompted my points about buying for the future so possibly being open to a loan back.

Edited by Qwpzxjor1
  • Like 1

Plenty on Twitter suggesting Darder in by Tuesday. The flip side is in the same breath, so is Adebayor

I thought Darder signed a contract extension a few days ago?

That was an old article from November last year doing the rounds .

https://www.walfoot.be/fra/news/lis/2015-07-19/obbi-oulare--le-digne-successeur-de-benteke--aston-villa

With more than likely from Christian Benteke (24 years) to Liverpool, Aston Villa is obliged to find a new striker ahead for the next Premier League season. And the Villans have identified the replacement of "Big Ben" Obbi Oularé. Barely 19 years old, the young Bruges is already evolving at a very high level in a year and still has a huge room for improvement. A talent that has not escaped the Borussia Dortmund which had made it a few weeks ago, an offer of € 6.5 million rejected by the Bruges direction. But to secure the services of Oularé, Aston Villa would be prepared to make a great financial effort.

Indeed, the English would put € 10 million for the Imp, the same amount that had allowed them to recruit Benteke there three years. Something to think seriously Vincent Mannaert which will probably not receive the same amount by the end of summer. Business to therefore follow in the coming days.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Plenty on Twitter suggesting Darder in by Tuesday. The flip side is in the same breath, so is Adebayor

Just did a quick search on his name and there hasn't been one tweet about him today?

He started and scored in a friendly today. So it's not imminent

Matt Ryan linked with Valencia today. We should be in for this guy. 3-4 million apparantly. Australia produce great keepers and hes still very young. Has won Asian cup played in Europa league qtr finals.

• Like 2

Matt Ryan linked with Valencia today. We should be in for this guy. 3-4 million apparantly. Australia produce great keepers and hes still very young. Has won Asian cup played in Europa league qtr finals.

Actually came to post about the same fella. Obbi Oulare is an odd link and I'm convinced it's nonsense. If we're watching club brugge, then Guzan is close to going back to the MLS and we're looking at Mathew Ryan.

The main problem with Embolo is Juventus' interest. Even if we can outbid them, we'd need to convince a player to come here instead of holding out for them. Also, Juventus are looking at him long term, so i expect they'd be open to the idea of signing him and loaning him back for a year, which would be very appealing to them

Ps. I didn't realise I was several pages behind .. So sorry if that suddenly seems random now the conversation moved on

When were jive rumoured to have made the bid?

They've bought zaza in the last week, and dybala and mandzukic, they've still got llorente and morata on the books too

Purely going on the conversation from a few pages back.

Talk was that our 10m bid wouldn't be enough because of a €20m bid from Juventus being rejected.

And the fact they've already got such good strikers prompted my points about buying for the future so possibly being open to a loan back.

If Basel have rejected a 20m euro bid from Juve, think of how highly they must rate this kid.

Surely he's out of our league.

Really hope this is going to be a good week for us and we sign quite a few of these links.  We need these players signed so we can get them training and bedded in with a new team and system.  Only 19 days to go before we play Bournemouth on 8 August!  We have got to hit the ground running and pick up points against  Bournemouth, Crystal Palace, Sunderland, Leicester, West Brom etc. otherwise it's going to be an uphill battle.

Edited by Gary Thomas

If Adebayor signs he'll come straight into the first team. We need guaranteed goals and he's probably our best bet. If we can sign him alongside someone like Embolo, Martial or Ouclare, then we'll have done well.

This I would be all for it.

If Adebayor signs he'll come straight into the first team. We need guaranteed goals and he's probably our best bet. If we can sign him alongside someone like Embolo, Martial or Ouclare, then we'll have done well.

This I would be all for it.

well that would be the idea until the young european striker we may get bides his time.. if he comes off the bench and keeps scoring he can start a few here and there and see how he goes. Benteke needed time before firing too and he was a bit older than some of the ones weve been linked with.