Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

These sales are probably funding our summer deals.

Yep. With Delph off now again then that's pretty clear that with the timing of the rumours about Gueye starting the same time rumours about Delph was off, and then the signing the day (which still hasn't been completed....) before Delph was supposed to be off it doesn't take too much to realise that Delph's fee is paying for Gueye.

It's a shame, and makes life harder for us to stay up, but hey ho every dog has it's day. We've got to wait for ours.

It will be a opportunity for other players to step up.
It will also show other talents that they can come play for us a season and two and get their big move. 

I'm sure we have replacement lined up. Hopefully we'll see a lot of movement from the club the coming weeks.

It will be a opportunity for other players to step up.

It will also show other talents that they can come play for us a season and two and get their big move. 

I'm sure we have replacement lined up. Hopefully we'll see a lot of movement from the club the coming weeks.

I think Gueye was the replacement, we will probably have to wait till Benteke goes to use that money to sign players.  

I still believe Gueye was brought in to replace Cleverley.

However, now we need another 'class' midfielder - Sanchez and Westwood are great squad players and can do a job but we need better than Delph to replace him.

Selling our two best players can't be great for attracting players. My excitement for the links in this speculation thread is already turning into nerves.

It's attractive in the sense that they have a better chance of playing and following a similar career path.

It's a little nightmare isn't it.

A rubbish football team losing three of its top four players. Takeover falling through. Adebayor being the strongest striker link we're getting. Our big signing still actually waiting for clearance. Other exciting names being incredibly reluctant to join us. Being seen as a small time club that struggles to survive in the Premier League. Not even being the top club in the Midlands. It's a crap time to be a Villa fan isn't it?!

I'm just hoping this nightmare doesn't all come true in the next few days, but I'm already getting the feeling it will. I'll forever be a season ticket holder because I'm a weak idiot but I'm so sick of football and Villa in particular.

The only way I'll have any hope if the above comes true is if we spend well over £50m on further signings (bearing in mind that Lerner would only need to spend £10m odd with our sales) but I fear we're goin to make a big profit this year on player sales.

Calm down! I like how Tim is making his squad it needed a complete overhaul and thats what we are getting and it's about time! if we lose Delph, Benteke, not ideal but it's the way the premier league is.  I would be more than happy to see a few more go but this is an exciting time to be a villa fan villa will go on. if we still keep buying quality then I think some good things will happen this season and I'm sure that we are working on some targets that may not have even been mentioned yet! 

This is not a time to panic I for one can't wait to see what happens next at least we are seeing some changes and after the last 4 seasons of dreadful football maybe this is exactly what we need. I see a young hungry side being put together with real quality. out with the old in with the new up the Villa!

A rubbish football team losing three of its top four players. Takeover falling through. Adebayor being the strongest striker link we're getting. Our big signing still actually waiting for clearance. Other exciting names being incredibly reluctant to join us. Being seen as a small time club that struggles to survive in the Premier League. Not even being the top club in the Midlands. It's a crap time to be a Villa fan isn't it?!

I'm just hoping this nightmare doesn't all come true in the next few days, but I'm already getting the feeling it will. I'll forever be a season ticket holder because I'm a weak idiot but I'm so sick of football and Villa in particular.

The only way I'll have any hope if the above comes true is if we spend well over £50m on further signings (bearing in mind that Lerner would only need to spend £10m odd with our sales) but I fear we're goin to make a big profit this year on player sales.

Calm down! I like how Tim is making his squad it needed a complete overhaul and thats what we are getting and it's about time! if we lose Delph, Benteke, not ideal but it's the way the premier league is.  I would be more than happy to see a few more go but this is an exciting time to be a villa fan villa will go on. if we still keep buying quality then I think some good things will happen this season and I'm sure that we are working on some targets that may not have even been mentioned yet! 

This is not a time to panic I for one can't wait to see what happens next at least we are seeing some changes and after the last 4 seasons of dreadful football maybe this is exactly what we need. I see a young hungry side being put together with real quality. out with the old in with the new up the Villa!

You are certainly living up to your signature!! 

You are certainly living up to your signature!! 

:D

you know, recent past season has proven alot, and it would of been expected that with a better manager in charge, that guzan, vlaar, delph and benteke should of been the spine of the team to lead us next season, they are the players we should of supposedly kept, however.

vlaar, utter sicknote and not as good as the club promoted when he first signed, and delph & benteke moving on to pastures that look like the grass is greener when in actual fact its been repainted green to mislead the pound sign eyes.

oh well,

in guzan we trust, in richards we trust, we now need a leader from midfield and a beast of a striker.