Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Is it that our transfer deals are dragging on/being done carefully, or is it a symptom of being lost in the Villatalk whirpool?  Today it seems like deals for Kaboul, Evans, Clasie et al have come from nowhere.  Would the boards of other teams have been frothing about those targets for weeks in advance?

Incidentally, I'd much rather we took our sweet, sweet time signing the likes of Amavi and Gueye rather than rushing for mediocrity.  Perhaps I am in the minority but I really don't mind these drawn-out sagas.  Gives me an insight into the fine minds of Villatalk at the very least.

• Like 1

Spurs couldn't get him, no way he's coming to us.. I also can't see us spending £15m plus on a player nowdays.. Happy to be proven wrong though :P

Spurs couldn't get him, no way he's coming to us.. I also can't see us spending £15m plus on a player nowdays.. Happy to be proven wrong though :P

• Like 1

I'm a bit dizzy, is Anthony Marital any good? Is Destro any good? Who is Dennis the Praet? They are all so alien. Probably do us some good tho.Or is that lazy foreignism.?..

Martial is one of the more exitcing forwards in the french league. Not really any point in going further as he won't end up here.  Destro is a decent striker but has had some inconsistency.  Dennis Praet I know little about, i know he was one of the hottest prospect from Belgium but I thought he would have kicked on already by now. Still very young and highly rated so who knows. We have been linked with some very good talent lately and it's kinda odd, here's hoping something will come off it.

Today it seems like deals for Kaboul, Evans, Clasie et al have come from nowhere.  Would the boards of other teams have been frothing about those targets for weeks in advance?

Not sure about Evans or Kaboul, but the Clasie thing was being spoken of weeks ago

Well, we are living in a world where Southapton can make a name for themselves through some smart purchases leveraging the power of the prem. My inlaws are saints fans and it has taken me aback these last few seasons how they do football so well while villa capitulates. All we need do is purchase the same/better than saints, and the cauldron that is villa park, let alone our trophy cabinet will convince these foreign players that they are at a club which is about to hit the top 6 at speed.

Is it that our transfer deals are dragging on/being done carefully, or is it a symptom of being lost in the Villatalk whirpool? Today it seems like deals for Kaboul, Evans, Clasie et al have come from nowhere. Would the boards of other teams have been frothing about those targets for weeks in advance?

Incidentally, I'd much rather we took our sweet, sweet time signing the likes of Amavi and Gueye rather than rushing for mediocrity. Perhaps I am in the minority but I really don't mind these drawn-out sagas. Gives me an insight into the fine minds of Villatalk at the very least.

Ya dizzy blud!!!

Martial brought a big grin to my face, way out of our league, quite funny that some of our fans would even suggest it

Then I saw it was l'equipe who are reporting it...

I dunno, are l'equipment any good? Are they like the BBC?

Well, we are living in a world where Southapton can make a name for themselves through some smart purchases leveraging the power of the prem. My inlaws are saints fans and it has taken me aback these last few seasons how they do football so well while villa capitulates. All we need do is purchase the same/better than saints, and the cauldron that is villa park, let alone our trophy cabinet will convince these foreign players that they are at a club which is about to hit the top 6 at speed.

I've read about Southampton and they have a system for everything. All youngsters have to meet certain criteria as do new manager coaches etc. It's a pretty amazing set up for what is really not that big of a club. If we could ever something similar we could rule the world!

• Like 1

Martial brought a big grin to my face, way out of our league, quite funny that some of our fans would even suggest it

Then I saw it was l'equipe who are reporting it...

I dunno, are l'equipment any good? Are they like the BBC?

They're a proper football newspaper in France, for whatever reason I always hold them in more regard than our gutter journalists, probably because the golden ball always came from them, they might be every bit as bad

• Like 1

I've read about Southampton and they have a system for everything. All youngsters have to meet certain criteria as do new manager coaches etc. It's a pretty amazing set up for what is really not that big of a club. If we could ever something similar we could rule the world!

I think so too. As I keep telling the inlaws, they are doing well but they are not a big club. You do what they have done, at Villa, and you have a permanent top 6 team. Especially with the 20-30 mill payments filtering down from above. Saints will soon get sold and wither. They just do not have the history, and my god history dictates the future.

I think so too. As I keep telling the inlaws, they are doing well but they are not a big club. You do what they have done, at Villa, and you have a permanent top 6 team. Especially with the 20-30 mill payments filtering down from above. Saints will soon get sold and wither. They just do not have the history, and my god history dictates the future.

Hats off to them though. Their youth system is amazing.

Hats off to them though. Their youth system is amazing.

Nah, get back to the south coast in Portsmouth's shadow! Slash Bournemouth.

May you point me in the direction of what you've read.  Thank you.  I've heard lots about the catchment area but not about this total system.  I'm very intrigued.