Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Just because he has the clause doesn't mean to say he wants to leave. And I don't think these clauses are always as straight forward as they sometimes might appear.

why agree to a clause in the contract if its not your intention to leave?

Just because he has the clause doesn't mean to say he wants to leave. And I don't think these clauses are always as straight forward as they sometimes might appear.

Club for sale , no idea who owner will be in future

Manager changes are regular and your worst nightmare could manage club next week

So many other reasons I could say

Maybe Delph thought he owed Villa something. At end of day 10 mill to Villa was better than nothing given the circumstances. Delph still deserves a bit of credit if its true.

• Like 4

Maybe it was there in case we got relegated. Why sign a contract if it's your intention not to stay?

Maybe it was there in case we got relegated. Why sign a contract if it's your intention not to stay?

But then again he might have looked at what else is going on around the club, and decided that he might like to leave sooner than he originally planned.

As said above, he felt he owed the club a transfer fee perhaps?

Yeah as I said he didn't want to leave on a free so maybe this is his way of giving us something back.

There's nothing to suggest he will accept any contract offers that come his way this summer. He's not a stupid lad, he's not in the game for a huge pay day I don't think. I'm sure he doesn't want to warm benches in the top 6 for the next few seasons, he'll want to play.

Next few weeks, as we've said COUNTLESS times already.... are massive, MASSIVE, for Aston Villa FC.

As said above, he felt he owed the club a transfer fee perhaps?

He might be a good guy but I don't think he'd sign up for that reason. When he did sign his extension I'd guess that he intended to stay for another year or so. Maybe he's changed his mind since, though.

I honestly think £10M is very fair for Delph. If Delph was a Sunderland player, would you be willing to buy him for more than £10M? I wouldn't. English players are always overpriced. 

I honestly think £10M is very fair for Delph. If Delph was a Sunderland player, would you be willing to buy him for more than £10M? I wouldn't. English players are always overpriced.

But he is English therefore it is well below his market value on that basis alone.

Cleverly gone, Benteke and Vlarr looking to leave and now perhaps Delph too, Guzan might be sold. Something doesn't feel right.

Only 2 of those have actually happened though. You're jumping the gun a bit.

Full Story

Manchester City are ready to exploit an astonishing low buy-out clause in Fabian Delph’s new contract.

MirrorSport can reveal Aston Villa and England midfielder Delph is available for only around £10million under the terms of the deal he signed in January.

Delph had relegation-threatened Villa over a barrel when he shocked many fans by staying on fresh terms barely five months ago.

He was due to be a Bosman this summer, which would have allowed him to quit for nothing. But Villa did not want to see him leave on a free and also did not want to sell in the winter window, when they were fighting the drop.

After signing the contract, Delph said he couldn’t bring himself to walk out for nothing this July after owner Randy Lerner’s support through various injuries.

While low, the clause would still mean Villa doubling their money on the fee they paid Leeds for Delph in August 2009.

And with Lerner set to sell the whole club this summer, Delph will now have no such dilemmas about leaving.

It is another potential hammer-blow for the Villans, who also face losing star striker Christian Benteke to Liverpool as he has a £32.5m buy-out clause.

Delph finished the season in outstanding individual form to help Villa retain top flight status while also reaching the FA Cup final.

But deposed champions City want him to bolster their midfield as boss Manuel Pellegrini rebuilds his squad after a raft of departures.

The Mancunian Blues are also on a well-documented mission to sign more ‘home-grown’ players.

Under Premier League rules, clubs can name no more than 17 foreign players over the age of 21 in their squads.

City’s homegrown ranks have been depleted by the departures this summer of James Milner, Frank Lampard, Dedryck Boyata (who is Belgian but counted as home-grown) and Scott Sinclair leaving.

It has led to Pellegrini targeting Delph, as his hopes of landing Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere are slim.

Delph's likely exit will be a huge blow to boss Tim Sherwood, who made him captain after being appointed in February and hailed him as one of the best midfielders in the country.

It is also daunting scenario for Villa’s owners-in-waiting, who are believed to have American links.

They have negotiated an exclusive six-week period to complete their takeover and an agreement is expected next month.

Lerner has consequently rejected bids from a wealthy Chinese consortium keen on the club.

As revealed by MirrorSport in April, the Far East group were also speaking to West Brom and remain in negotiations with Albion chairman Jeremy Peace.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-eye-transfer-aston-5954973

depending where he went it could prove a pointless career move hes  good but hes not consistant enough for a top 4 squad

and if it was to man city then it would deffintly ruin hes career since they would only buy him as a squad filler

Edited by HAL