Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

If they did whoever inserted it should be fired

But no way Delph would go for £10m

Whoever allowed him to reach the final year of his contract deserves firing. That deal is as good as we could've got given that he could just have left on a bosman. Nice gesture from Delph to even sign it really.

• Like 1

Pretty sure its not as clear cut as James Nursey is making out. Jonny Gould tweeted only a few days ago that TS had indicated he would possibly sell Delph for £12m plus Borini and Ibe on loan. Now Nursey seems to imply a buyout clause even lower? I would put more money on Delph having a £10m release clause that would only be activated in we were relegated. Not worried about this one. Lets not forget Nursey's Villa news is/was driven by a man who was sacked by the club.

If this low clause was in contract , we ere misled by fox and delph with his big delph can see himself at villa long term

But guess he could knock back any offers himself and clause could be for safety if he feels club are going in wrong direction

if Delph doesn't want to leave (which is like to think he doesn't) then it doesn't matter one jot what figure the buy out clause is. I really can't see us selling him for 10 mil.

If this low clause was in contract , we ere misled by fox and delph with his big delph can see himself at villa long term

But guess he could knock back any offers himself and clause could be for safety if he feels club are going in wrong direction

(If true)We have indeed. Looks like Bony and Delph will be holding hands on City's bench next season.

It does say "loophole" so i don't think it's a simple £10m buy out clause.

Maybe only Champions League clubs?

Edited by GENTLEMAN

Just because he has the clause doesn't mean to say he wants to leave. And I don't think these clauses are always as straight forward as they sometimes might appear.

When he renewed his deal in January I remember him saying he was here for the long haul, that he was happy and loved the club.

Altho he did say he didn't want to leave on a free at the end of season....

I don't know how to take this :(