Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Weimann 17 goals 112 games = 2m

Townsend 14 goals in 148 games = 12m

Weimanns goals all Premier League.

I'd argue Weimann has started more games than Townsend though and thus has a worse minute to goal ratio. Might be wrong.

Weimann 17 goals 112 games = 2m

Townsend 14 goals in 148 games = 12m

Weimanns goals all Premier League.

I'd argue Weimann has started more games than Townsend though and thus has a worse minute to goal ratio. Might be wrong.

Most of Townsends goals game in the championship though. Weimann will score more in that league.

Townsend has three goals for Spurs.

Townsend is odd one. I have this theory he is better coming off the bench as opposed to starting games. If we are genuinely interested I can see Levy trying to get Benteke on the cheap or part of the deal. Surely the club have other options as I think they would need it in this case.

Townsend isn't a striker. Weizmann is, not sure the comparison makes much sense, that's not me saying I'd take Townsend for 12m by the way

It makes sense because Weimann has spent most of his Villa career on the wing.

Exactly.

Depends. On the wing in a 4 4 2 midfield or the right sided striker in a forward 3 ?

I get what you saying but Spurs generally play with attacking wingers who are usually pushed higher up the pitch than they would be in a 4-4-2.

In reality our version of 3 up top when Weimann has played has almost been a 4-5-1. 

I'm happy to trust Sherwood with whoever he wants to bring in but just playing Devil's advocate a little, If Townsend does cost the £12million people are quoting in here then I think that could probably be better spent.

I'd consider taking Townsend for half of that.

Edited by sexbelowsound

Either/Or/Both Huddlestone and Townsend are massively underwhelming signings IMO. 

For a team who just about survived relegation for the what, third time in a row, I'd say they're the kind of signings we should expect.

Edited by Dante_Lockhart
  • Like 1

Townsend as a wide player is a lot better than Weimann. I don't think he's worth £12m though but for the right price I'd have him. If you're comparing goal records to judge a wide player Sinclair would be worth £20m !!!

I doubt we will pay 12M for Townsend when there is a complete overhaul of the team meant to be taking place.

Edit: I don't really care about the fee we spend on players but more the percentage of our overall transfer budget. If we bought Townsend for 12M but had 100M to spend I wouldn't give a shit. But if it meant we had hardly any money left that would be a bit crap.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa